April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

I was surprised as well. I'm going to get on a call tomorrow to verify. He stated he didn't know how long that option would still be available so he recommended moving fast. Initially, I thought it was just a sales tactic until he explained the 2023 points. There may still be disconnect on the use year I am requesting so we will see. 🤞

Thanks for the explanation on the closing costs. My head is spinning with all this data and I couldn't find the right term!

I know the timing works better to wait until June for me getting the cash together but if I can get free points I wasn't expecting I think it's worth the effort.
Are you paying cash and not financing? You can ask for 90 days to pay it off. As long as your contract(s) don't close DVC can (and has in the past) rewritten contracts with updated pricing. It isn't a guarantee, but it's a possibility.

Are you paying cash and not financing? You can ask for 90 days to pay it off. As long as your contract(s) don't close DVC can (and has in the past) rewritten contracts with updated pricing. It isn't a guarantee, but it's a possibility.
I wouldn’t count on updated pricing, but when we bought VGF around 9/6, we made a 10% deposit, and then had the balance split in three payments at the 30, 60 and 90 day marks— all on credit card (which I don’t recommend doing, unless you plan to pay it off quickly). Our final 30% was paid in early December.

I wouldn’t count on updated pricing, but when we bought VGF around 9/6, we made a 10% deposit, and then had the balance split in three payments at the 30, 60 and 90 day marks— all on credit card (which I don’t recommend doing, unless you plan to pay it off quickly). Our final 30% was paid in early December.
Your approach is the plan I am hoping to use. I plan to utilize some CC signup promotions as well so once I get confirmation of payment dates I'll coordinate opening new cards to make sure the payment will fall within the promotion period. My first payment will go on a Disney visa to give me 6 months of wiggle room I need.

Worst case is I either setup a payment plan on a Chase Sapphire card at 1.73% or use my HELOC temporarily to make sure I don't pay any interest payments to Chase at 20 to 30%.

Just to clarify, after talking to someone else I asked about several weeks for standard view suites, which I’d assume will be the first to go, and all of those I was interested in were available.
Was just going to say…I asked my guide to check several ‘in demand’ weeks and ALL were available. So I think you’re good :)

Thoughts:
My initial plan was to purchase 250 Riviera points in a March UY at the end of June to have the option to switch to new incentives if better. My guide today said if I purchase now he can still get me 2023 UY points. This essentially would allow me to rent my 2024 points on top of MB with the 2023 points because I don't plan to travel until 2025 UY.

With MB at $20/pt, $18/pt renting and prorated 2024 MFs I can't see how the next round of incentives can top 250 points for less than 157/pt. Now I'm scrambling to get my credit card signup bonus plan moving as I'm leaning towards buying now.

Would you pay an extra $500 to breakup the deed into 150, 50, 50 increments instead of 250 on one? This is our first DVC purchase so we want to lock in the DVC-Y but I like the option of selling small contracts if our situation changes. I feel like if I ever sold, I'll come out ahead with the smaller contracts.

With a March UY you will not get 2023 points.

Definitely split them up into 3 or 4 contracts if you can. It significantly decreases your risk if you have to exit.

Thoughts:
My initial plan was to purchase 250 Riviera points in a March UY at the end of June to have the option to switch to new incentives if better. My guide today said if I purchase now he can still get me 2023 UY points. This essentially would allow me to rent my 2024 points on top of MB with the 2023 points because I don't plan to travel until 2025 UY.

With MB at $20/pt, $18/pt renting and prorated 2024 MFs I can't see how the next round of incentives can top 250 points for less than 157/pt. Now I'm scrambling to get my credit card signup bonus plan moving as I'm leaning towards buying now.

Would you pay an extra $500 to breakup the deed into 150, 50, 50 increments instead of 250 on one? This is our first DVC purchase so we want to lock in the DVC-Y but I like the option of selling small contracts if our situation changes. I feel like if I ever sold, I'll come out ahead with the smaller contracts.

I would double check because March is in its 2024 UY so I do not think you can get 2023 points. I am thinking the guide misspoke.

Just got confirmation he was not referring to a March use year with respect for 2023 points. Back to my original plan of waiting for late June to purchase.. makes my decision easier now.
Yeah sadly I figured that was too good to be true. Oh well. I'd like to wait til June but we have a trip we want to book for November before the 7 month window starts. I will be very sad if there's a RIV fire sale this summer 😂

What’s the sweet spot for Riviera incentives?

I know with VDH it’s 200 points and a use year between June and December to get 2023 points as well.

I’m at work or I would totally check myself lol

I’m so glad! I think that’s a very wise decision!!

FWIW, we’re (family of 5) Poly resale and Riviera direct and we absolutely love it for all the reasons you already listed. Also, we bought in a couple years ago and the net PP was in the 190’s, which I think you can beat with MB if you choose.

I have done it...150 points at Riv - MB - matching my Poly resale use year - officially a hybrid member w/ the direct benefits.... :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

and now...NO MORE POINTS FOR ME!!!! I SWEAR!!!! :p

I have done it...150 points at Riv - MB - matching my Poly resale use year - officially a hybrid member w/ the direct benefits.... :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

and now...NO MORE POINTS FOR ME!!!! I SWEAR!!!! :p
For those looking...I was able to split the 20% down over 4 payments, so w Disney Visa each carries 6 months no interest - then dues / payments do not start until after it closes in July-ish.

I did not know you could split it over 4 payments like that - thought that was pretty dang good.

By then - hoping to have a few of my resale contracts sold to balance out my financial universe.

For those looking...I was able to split the 20% down over 4 payments, so w Disney Visa each carries 6 months no interest - then dues / payments do not start until after it closes in July-ish.

I did not know you could split it over 4 payments like that - thought that was pretty dang good.

By then - hoping to have a few of my resale contracts sold to balance out my financial universe.

Do you have a Poly resale you are parting with? Asking for a friend lol

Do you have a Poly resale you are parting with? Asking for a friend lol

So I have a 150 point Poly Resale I am keeping - that's the one that matches the Aug use year. I have a 50 point Poly resale I am parting with yes to help fund this buy....Dec use year - listing will be up later on sponsor site.

How does the structure work with the 4 payments? 0-30-60-90 days? 25% each?

What’s the sweet spot for Riviera incentives?

I know with VDH it’s 200 points and a use year between June and December to get 2023 points as well.

I’m at work or I would totally check myself lol
I was planning on 200 points but decided to go with 250. The extra 50 points to go from 200 to 250 are 128/pt.

Riviera cost per point for various point totals Ignoring closing costs and using MB:
100 = 208/pt (not eligible for magical beginnings)
150 = 178/pt
200 = 173/pt
250 = 164/pt
500 = 158/pt

Last edited:
How does the structure work with the 4 payments? 0-30-60-90 days? 25% each?
They took the closing costs + the 20% down and that total was split up into four equal payments. Payment 1 was charged today and the rest happen automatically every month. After 4 months, the down payment is done and then the loan is "closed." That is when dues begin and loan payments begin - after that so in July basically.

The points are available today as are all the member benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter