April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked an "external" helicopter tour instead. :crazy2:[/QUOTE said:
What helicopter company are you using? Some of them are real ornery about weight limits. One company expected DH and me to pay a surcharge for DH's weight, and actually referred to DH and me as three passengers. not amused.

We went elsewhere to a company (wish we could remember the name) that put six passengers on a huge scale so they didn't single out any individual weight, and just distributed the passengers to get a good balance.

Another time, another company, they paired us up with a family of tiny(!) Japanese people.

So two more days in the wake up and then off to Cal.:dance3:

So I printed a itinerary from DCL and I don't see our luau on it and after someone posted the ship was leaving the dock early I really panicked!:headache: :sick:

Then realized we got in the DCL luau later and the itinerary was from before that!:teacher:

So all is good. :santa:

Now just to figure out why DCL charged almost double the cost of going?:eek:

Project7-1-1.jpg

We set sail in 3 days!!!

Cayla, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for resposting your link and for your willingness to share!
More than welcome...glad I could help!

1) where can I find the cancellation policy for excursions?
2) is it possible to do 2 excursions in a single day? i.e., on Maui, there is a hike from 8:30 - 2:15, and then the sunset tour at 4:15?
3) RE: Kipu Safari Zip Adventure (Kaui) - there is a comment that says if you are over 240 lbs (or some number) you may be exluded and still have to pay the whole fee...I thought this was only for the zip portion of the tour, but it doesn't say. Anyone know how to find out? My hubby is over 240 and was just going to skip the zip (the rest of the tour is kayaking and hiking)

Thanks!!
1 - 3 days as already stated
2 - I set a land speed record in St Petersburg Russia - 6 excursions in 2 days - so YES it is possible..you just have to be ready to RUN from one to the other and risk missing if returned late to the ship.
3 - kayaking he should be fine - weight isn't the issue - more girth. I weigh a LOT more than I look (due to muscle mass) and in a kayak it only makes me a little more prone to tipping over. Zip line? not so sure...

Anyone have an extra Alaska pin from last year's cruises on the Wonder that has the ship on it that they would be willing to trade?

Jan/Kana
Which one are you looking for? and what are you trading? I love Pooh -if you are on pinpics - check out my wants list - same name Padalyn

Well -my computer is kinda back -I have to keep it plugged in, but at least I can use it.

I am officially on vacation -next shift at work? 5/15 at 1900!!! WOO HOO!!

I am sitting in Reading PA for the next two days - to get a little extra time in with the fiance (She is not taking this trip - no vacation time :headache: )

Cayla

I am going to be closing my dis board link (maybe for first time since Christmas) :rotfl2: in a little bit and heading out for LA....Road Trip :thumbsup2

I hope to check in along the way so would someone please be sure and leave a link to part 5 when we get there because I think it is going to happen soon :)

Safe travels!

Thank you so much everyone for the prayers and well wishes! Decent news so far this morning. He has two more rounds of IV antibiotics and then should get to go home tonight around 6. His toes and foot are pretty swollen, and everything is wrapped up really well. With prudent dressing changes, and oral antibiotics, the dr's think we are ok to keep our trip plans. If things turn for the worse, we just find a hospital in LA.

We have a 4 hour drive just to get to the airport and planned on doing that tonight, and then flying out tomorrow. But we want our little man to sleep in his own bed tonight, and we havent had a chance to pack, so I think the plan is to get up at 4am and drive to the airport in the morning.

If you see a very large (tall) three year old being carried around the grand and disneyland by his daddy stop and say hi!

pixiedust: for Zach!

Prayers and pixie dust for all that are having health issues and crisis this week! :hug:
Safe travels for all those leaving for DL and parts west! :woohoo:

Now... I just want to say that I am NOT responsible for what my husband wears on this cruise. :sad2: His bags are packed and I have no idea what is in them! :crazy2:
:rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao:

Jen and Dennis - pixiedust: to you also!

pixiedust: to anyone else who is in need!

Safe travels to all traveling!

Safe travel wishes to all. For those dealing with unfortunate life events, our prayers and thoughts.

Still have to finish up packing, admin duties, and preparing the house for our departure tomorrow morning. Why doesn't it get easier each time we do this? Could it have something to do with our proprieties? Instead of packing and mopping the floors, we went out shopping yesterday afternoon. We HAD to find grass skirts and coconut bras. Also, needed to pick up wine.

For you Bafi Rosa regale fans. If you have trouble finding this lovely Italian sparkling wine, or want to try something similar but half the price, try Barefoot Bubbly, Pink Moscato California Champagne (yes it says Champagne on the bottle). I am bringing a couple bottles to have with chocolate - yum.

See you soon!!

Val & Bob

How exciting for all those already on there way to start their vacations! I won't be leaving my house until noon on Sunday which seems both far away and too soon! :rotfl: I am mostly packed and got my nails done today. Also went on my wine run to BevMo. Now I'd just like to leave my inlaws with a clean house. Maybe I should get off the DIS to get all that done! :lmao:

For the Champagne Girls tasting.......

If you just signed up on the spreadsheet, but did not contact me directly to prepay for the event, I CANNOT let you attend. DCL will not allow a cash payment and it's not fair to others if I let you in without paying.

It is already too late to pay now. I'm leaving tomorrow night and everything is done, printed and packed. I'm not unpacking to make adjustments now. I'm starting my vacation tomorrow.

There are about 15 ladies that I did not hear from despite all my efforts.....three times posting on here, three times posting on FB and PMs to everyone I didn't hear from. At some point it is not just my responsibility to contact you.

So DO NOT assume that if you signed up on the spreadsheet that you automatically can attend. Only those who have prepaid can attend. I'm sorry.

Whew - that was a lot of effort - woe to them! Enjoy your CG event -relax it will all be good!

Cayla

For the Champagne Girls tasting.......

If you just signed up on the spreadsheet, but did not contact me directly to prepay for the event, I CANNOT let you attend. DCL will not allow a cash payment and it's not fair to others if I let you in without paying.

It is already too late to pay now. I'm leaving tomorrow night and everything is done, printed and packed. I'm not unpacking to make adjustments now. I'm starting my vacation tomorrow.

There are about 15 ladies that I did not hear from despite all my efforts.....three times posting on here, three times posting on FB and PMs to everyone I didn't hear from. At some point it is not just my responsibility to contact you.

So DO NOT assume that if you signed up on the spreadsheet that you automatically can attend. Only those who have prepaid can attend. I'm sorry.

Day 2 traveling.....Half way to Disneyland!! :wizard:

Am extremely experienced with open wound care if you need help with Zach's bite. Just let me know.

thank you so much. we would love for you to help and take a peek. meds have been a real struggle. dressig changes are better then meds but still a fight

So super procrastinator here...

Anyone still checking this board that can forward me the scavenger hunt info? If so, PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Thanks so much!!!

Can't wait to meet everyone on board!

Anyone still checking this board that can forward me the scavenger hunt info? If so, PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Thanks so much!!!

PM me your email address and I will forward you a copy. I do not leave until Saturday.

See everyone soon!

:woohoo:

thank you so much. we would love for you to help and take a peek. meds have been a real struggle. dressig changes are better then meds but still a fight

Nursed adult daughter through multiple surgeries with open wounds, so I am well experienced with care. We'll be in LA early Friday. I will pm you my cell.

:banana::banana::banana: Woo Hoo, I finished up work for the day and am now officially on vacation! :banana::banana::banana:

Now off to finish cleaning the house, and finish packing, and fill the car up and hit the ATM, and.... :scared: I gotta get off the DIS I have more to do than I realized so we can start out tomorrow!

Just checked in at VGC. A little chilly but still worth it. Got a pool view one bedroom.

So ready for this cruise.

See ya REAL soon.

Dale

Thanks so much!!!

Ahhhh! I know how you feel. I need to reprint my magnets and the link to the 4shared file now requires a password. Does anyone have it?
Thanks

Just checked in at VGC. A little chilly but still worth it. Got a pool view one bedroom.

So ready for this cruise.

See ya REAL soon.

Dale

Chilly today and tomorrow, but supposed to be sunny and in the 70s on Saturday and Sunday - wahoo!!!

80 degrees in Honolulu today

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter