April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone asking for my single page list here is the link (updated as of today - I may not have computer access for a another day or so)
Cayla

WE ARE IN 6500. same area of the ship, just on the other side......
Connie,Chuck, Patrick and Michael Quick

Ok, I have been "packing" all day, and I don't have a stitch of my clothes in a suitcase.....I think I have everything else, though! :lmao:;)

Prayers and pixie dust for all that are having health issues and crisis this week! :hug:
Safe travels for all those leaving for DL and parts west! :woohoo:

Erik and Jason... the pics are fabulous and the cake was out of this world! Loved the stencils on the plates too... what an awesome touch! You two looked wonderful and I can't wait to see the rest of the pics! So glad you had an amazing day!

Now... I just want to say that I am NOT responsible for what my husband wears on this cruise. :sad2: His bags are packed and I have no idea what is in them! :crazy2:
:rotfl2:

Zach is out of surgery. Now it's just a wait and see how he does. We were supposed to leave thursday morning, but that's looking like it won't happen. Probably won't make Disneyland pre-cruise, but hopefully still make the cruise

Got my fingers crossed and prayers being sent to you that you make the cruise and that your son is feeling better.

Not looking good for souvenirs. Our suitcases weigh 41, 47 and 48 lbs :( Wonder if LAX has a post office in it.

I hope all will be well. Looks like a few of us have had last min issues. On a different not, I was finally able to access my activity planer and cancelled our tours on Maui. We are going to spend the day with family that is already on the island.

Alan, sorry that your mom isn't going to make the cruise. But I'm glad that she is fine.

Glad you were able to cancel your Maui tours. It's great that you have family on the island. How cool. Enjoy!

Thoughts going out to everyone dealing with the last minute things. I'm so glad Zach is doing better! Yay!

Worked my last day today - tomorrow is hair and nails and starting putting things into the suitcase. I'm stressed and panicked that I'll forget something, but I am sure by the time I get on the plane I'll be just fine. =)

Anxious to meet everyone!

Early Monday morning, we received a call from father-in-law's (DFIL) nursing home that he took a turn for the worse. I rushed over, prepared to say good by and spent a very tense day. DH was in another state at a meeting, and tried to get back in time, plane had mechanical problems and was grounded for the night. By Tuesday AM, DFIL, had regained conciseness, and Dennis ended up staying at meeting. I finally was able to get some sleep last night. Will return to nursing home this afternoon.

Cruise, of course, has been regulated to the back of our lives.

Long story for question. If I get on ship, can Dennis fly to one of the islands and join me?
I know I should call DCL, but, I wanted to ask you folks first.

Hope all goes well with your DFIL and you are able to come on the cruise! Keep us posted. pixiedust: and prayers coming your way!

Hello Hawaii cruisers!

I know this is a little late, but I have a proposition for anyone. I would dearly love to get my hands on a set of the 8 pins because I live in Hawaii and I collect Disney pins, and who doesn't want to have Disney pins with their home state on them!? :)

For those of you that don't think you'll have time to shop or would prefer to spend your time touring, or even if you don't have the space to take too many things home; I can help you purchase souvenirs such as mac nuts, kona coffee, etc and either mail it out to you when I get home, or I can purchase your items in good faith that you are able to do the same for me and if you're not in a rush to leave the port after debarking, I can meet up with you in Los Angeles as I will be boarding the Wonder for the repo cruise the same day you are getting off. I would offer to meet you in Honolulu on May 6th, but we fly standby and we will be attempting to fly to the mainland that weekend to spend time in LA and Disneyland before our cruise.

Please PM me if you're interested in bartering, shopping service for shopping service. :) And sorry if this is offensive to anyone; I thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot to get Disney pins that say Hawaii on it.

Have fun and safe travels to all of you! I will send positive thoughts to Mother nature for some sunshine for you all (it's been a little wet and cool here recently).

Not looking good for souvenirs. Our suitcases weigh 41, 47 and 48 lbs :( Wonder if LAX has a post office in it.
There is a post office very close to the airport. It is on Westchester Parkway/Arbor Vita and Airport Blvd.

Alan, sorry that your mom isn't going to make the cruise. But I'm glad that she is fine.

Glad you were able to cancel your Maui tours. It's great that you have family on the island. How cool. Enjoy!

Thanks for your well wishes. Yes she is fine, almost like nothing happened. The family on Maui is my wife's cousins. They have a codo on the island and they will be there when the ship is there. So yes that was kinda lucky on our part.

Hello all....two more 10 hour days at work and we are off to see everyone....leaving on Saturday morning--hopefully our standby flight works out....just really ready that is all I can say.

Good health and travels to all and well see ya real soon!

Tom & Marilou

WE ARE IN 6500. same area of the ship, just on the other side......
Connie,Chuck, Patrick and Michael Quick

I noted it and I am bumping this for you.

Thanks Alan. We have transfers to LAX so I guess I won't be mailing. DARN IT!

How's Zach?

Zach is home from the hospital. We had a very painful bath and his first dressing change post op. hopefully they get easier quickly. Sound asleep in his own bed now. Pending any catastrophe our journey to DL starts at 4 am. He has a pretty good open wound from the surgery. We have to let it heal that way, no primary closure. Excited that it looks like we will make it, but exhausted emotionally and totally bummed on the fun things Zach will miss out on like the pool and waterslide. Hopefully in a day or two he can start taking a few steps on it.

Zach is home from the hospital. We had a very painful bath and his first dressing change post op. hopefully they get easier quickly. Sound asleep in his own bed now. Pending any catastrophe our journey to DL starts at 4 am. He has a pretty good open wound from the surgery. We have to let it heal that way, no primary closure. Excited that it looks like we will make it, but exhausted emotionally and totally bummed on the fun things Zach will miss out on like the pool and waterslide. Hopefully in a day or two he can start taking a few steps on it.

Rest for your family. :goodvibes I'm thinking Zach might need some special FE gifts. :rolleyes1 We will have to hunt down your stateroom. :cool2:

Robin, a guy from the USA, is also going to be a member of the cruise staff on the Wonder. He's a friend of mine from Disney World, and he got back on the Wonder in the beginning of March. Just wanted to add that to the mix of info. He's a really fun guy with A LOT of energy. I think you all will really like him. He's super tall too.

I'm 4'10" so "super tall" is kind of a broad range for me. ;)

I don't recall that I've cruised with him before, but I'm looking forward to seeing him with that glowing recommendation.

Zach is home from the hospital. Excited that it looks like we will make it, but exhausted emotionally and totally bummed on the fun things Zach will miss out on like the pool and waterslide. Hopefully in a day or two he can start taking a few steps on it.

You are a very brave family. Good for Zach, but mom and dad need to relax. I hope you are all able to travel ok. see you soon.

I am packed. I have too much stuff. 3 big suitcases and one small one. Plus laptop bag, Patrick's backpack. Oh I should have stuck to my first plan....only bring enough for 3 days, but that didn't happen! I am not a good packer.....maybe I am too good a packer.....anyway, tomorrow we fly out to LA. Once we are on the ship we'll be ok.......:laundy::laundy::laundy::hourglass

Dennis has located his WANAHAKALOOGI Disneyland Resort hat. :rolleyes: I think we can pack now. :rotfl:

Too funny! :lmao:

More prayers for Zach. I really hope the little guy can enjoy his trip (and his parents, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter