April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

So, how are everyone's plans coming? I am itching to be able to book things such as the Aladdin's on the go package for MSEP and a dinner reservation for Napa Rose. I'm pretty sure I have everything else done.

Flights: Booked and paid for
Hotel: Booked, first night pre-paid.
Tickets: Already have APs
USA SIM cards: bought and topped up plans with Roam Mobility
Dining Reservations: According to this site we can start making reservations on Feb 16, 2017

There's nothing left for me to plan! :sad:

Flights: Not booked - I cant get a good price on a flight from Sacramento to LA. Southwest wants $1300 for 4. We went in December and paid $398 for 4. I'm waiting to see if it goes down the closer we get. If all else fails I guess we will drive, but I how I loathe the drive from Sacramento to Anaheim.
Hotel: Booked DVC with points
Tickets: Have AP's
Dining Reservations: Patiently waiting until 60 days. I think we are going to try the Aladin Oasis Meal. I'm tired of the Blue Bayou. We will also book Carthay Circle one night.

Hi all! Wanted to hop in because we just booked a short trip to CA for the week leading up to Easter. We're planning to do one day at the parks. Haven't done a whole lot of planning yet. Our initial thinking is that we'll just do DL not DCA but I'm still mulling everything over in my head. I was a little crestfallen to see that the Mattherhorn is going to be closed while we're there :sad:. This will be my third trip to DL and it's been closed each time. Oh well, so much else to look forward to though!:goodvibes

I saw the conversation above about adding days to tickets and I had a question somewhat along those lines -- we'll just be getting a one day ticket but if during the course of the day we decided to we want to hop to DCA, could we add the hopper feature at that point or are one-day tickets not upgradeable?

Looking forward to chatting with the other April visitors!

From the Disneyland website:

Tickets – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.
Can I upgrade theme park tickets after they are purchased?

A.
Yes. If it is within 14 days of a theme park ticket’s first use and the ticket has remaining admissions, you are able to upgrade the ticket. If it is more than 14 days after first use or if no admissions remain, then a ticket may not be modified or upgraded.

Upgrades may include:

• Upgrading a 1-Day Value Ticket to a Regular or Peak Ticket
  • Adding days
  • Upgrading to a Park Hopper Ticket
  • Upgrading to an Annual Passport
Where to Upgrade Tickets

Ticket upgrades must be made in person at the following locations at the Disneyland Resort:

Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be downgraded to a ticket with less entitlements.

So, it seems as though you are able to add the hopper feature to your one park, one day ticket.

I feel you on the Matterhorn being closed. We managed to miss Big Thunder Mountain RR on 3 consecutive trips! On the third trip we had 1 opportunity to ride it on the morning we were leaving, they had a special preview for AP holders and we had about an hour between park opening and when we had to leave to get to the airport for our flight home. Unfortunately, our son got sick right before we were leaving and I ended up spending that time taking a taxi to WalMart to buy him a clean pair of shorts and t-shirt as well as some Dramamine since he threw up on his last clean clothes that morning. :sick:

For those of us here who like this sort of thing, you can enter your dates into the calculator found here and it will tell you what date you can make your dining reservation. I've added this link to the first post so you can find it later.

What's going on with the Paradise Garden grill? It's one of my go-to places to for a quick meal. I actually love their pasta.

So for the last little while they shut down PGG and put in A fiesta of flavor. And I was hoping PGG would come back after but now it's gonna switch to Asian Fusion Fare. I'm wondering if this is a year long switching it up deal. :(

That said, they still have PGG listed.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/paradise-garden-grill/

So for the last little while they shut down PGG and put in A fiesta of flavor. And I was hoping PGG would come back after but now it's gonna switch to Asian Fusion Fare. I'm wondering if this is a year long switching it up deal. :(

That said, they still have PGG listed.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/paradise-garden-grill/

It seems as though the Asian Fusion Fare is only for the Lunar New Year celebrations from Jan 20 - Feb 5 which is sad because it sounds yummy!

I wonder what will replace it after Feb 5?

It seems as though the Asian Fusion Fare is only for the Lunar New Year celebrations from Jan 20 - Feb 5 which is sad because it sounds yummy!

I wonder what will replace it after Feb 5?

Yeah, that's why I wonder if it's a year long thing...first Latin, Then Asian, who knows next. If they're gonna do this to my beloved PGG they should've but Asian during April ;) I guess we'll have to wait and find out. The Asian thing didn't show up until recently. That's why I was hoping the PGG was coming back. And maybe it still will since they have left the name up

Yeah, that's why I wonder if it's a year long thing...first Latin, Then Asian, who knows next. If they're gonna do this to my beloved PGG they should've but Asian during April ;) I guess we'll have to wait and find out. The Asian thing didn't show up until recently. That's why I was hoping the PGG was coming back. And maybe it still will since they have left the name up

That would be kind of fun if they switch the menu up all year long! If they do, I would wonder if they were doing it to test out new menus to see what sells best leading up to a possible permanent change?

That would be kind of fun if they switch the menu up all year long! If they do, I would wonder if they were doing it to test out new menus to see what sells best leading up to a possible permanent change?

You could definitely be on to something. I guess I'm relieved that they didn't shut down the area. It's the best spot to get cool and relax in DCA!

From the Disneyland website:

So, it seems as though you are able to add the hopper feature to your one park, one day ticket.

I feel you on the Matterhorn being closed. We managed to miss Big Thunder Mountain RR on 3 consecutive trips! On the third trip we had 1 opportunity to ride it on the morning we were leaving, they had a special preview for AP holders and we had about an hour between park opening and when we had to leave to get to the airport for our flight home. Unfortunately, our son got sick right before we were leaving and I ended up spending that time taking a taxi to WalMart to buy him a clean pair of shorts and t-shirt as well as some Dramamine since he threw up on his last clean clothes that morning. :sick:

Thank you for the info on adding the hopper to 1 day tix! Sorry about your son being sick and missing BTMRR :sad1:. We missed that one last time because DD wasn't convinced she wanted to try it so we "left it for next time" - oops!

Thank you for the info on adding the hopper to 1 day tix! Sorry about your son being sick and missing BTMRR :sad1:. We missed that one last time because DD wasn't convinced she wanted to try it so we "left it for next time" - oops!

That was probably our worst trip so far and we once had a trip where DH got a call (on my 40th birthday!) to say that his mom was in the hospital and he needed to fly to Ontario ASAP, leaving me and our son in CA for the last day of our trip. On our way home via Seattle, the ferry we were supposed to be on ended up getting cancelled due to rough seas and we were stranded in Seattle overnight.

The two bad trips we had were both birthday trips for me, my 40th and 42nd. We were supposed to be in DL this March for my 45th (EEK!) birthday but between better flight prices and Dapper Day DLH rates, April will have to do! Hopefully since this trip is not for my birthday that we will have better luck!

I've been lurking on this thread for awhile, so I figured it's time to jump in and participate! My DH and I will be going April 4-9th (flying in from PDX on the evening and the 3rd, 5 days in the park, then flying out on Sunday the 9th). The exciting part is my DH doesn't know we are going! It's his 30th birthday and I'm surprising him. I opened a secret account at another bank to save money for the trip, and have been earning extra money through selling things and various odd jobs. My Mom is paying for the plane tickets and the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour for her present for him. I can't wait to surprise him! He took the week off work just to relax, and he thinks we will be going to the local beach for one night :)

We're staying at the Desert Inn, and plan on doing Minnies & Storytellers, as well as the MSEP Blue Bayou package, and Carthay Circle WOC package. I'm excited to experience Walk in Walt's Footsteps for the first time!

I've been lurking on this thread for awhile, so I figured it's time to jump in and participate! My DH and I will be going April 4-9th (flying in from PDX on the evening and the 3rd, 5 days in the park, then flying out on Sunday the 9th). The exciting part is my DH doesn't know we are going! It's his 30th birthday and I'm surprising him. I opened a secret account at another bank to save money for the trip, and have been earning extra money through selling things and various odd jobs. My Mom is paying for the plane tickets and the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour for her present for him. I can't wait to surprise him! He took the week off work just to relax, and he thinks we will be going to the local beach for one night :)

We're staying at the Desert Inn, and plan on doing Minnies & Storytellers, as well as the MSEP Blue Bayou package, and Carthay Circle WOC package. I'm excited to experience Walk in Walt's Footsteps for the first time!

How exciting! I've added you to the list and it sounds like you are going to have an amazing time!

Flights: Not booked - I cant get a good price on a flight from Sacramento to LA. Southwest wants $1300 for 4. We went in December and paid $398 for 4. I'm waiting to see if it goes down the closer we get. If all else fails I guess we will drive, but I how I loathe the drive from Sacramento to Anaheim.
Dining Reservations: Patiently waiting until 60 days. I think we are going to try the Aladin Oasis Meal. I'm tired of the Blue Bayou. We will also book Carthay Circle one night.

Might you have enough points for at least one of your flights?
SWA often has offers of 40,000 to 50,000 points awarded for opening a credit account with them.
Maybe you know people that have more points than they can use, so they can transfer them to your rapid rewards account. Good luck :)...
I hope you find great rates.

I feel your pain regarding the flights. I'm going the same weekend as you, also from SMF and the flights are ridiculous! I've seen a decent Delta flight to LAX and am considering that. Keep an eye on the JetBlue flights to LGB as well.

I feel your pain regarding the flights. I'm going the same weekend as you, also from SMF and the flights are ridiculous! I've seen a decent Delta flight to LAX and am considering that. Keep an eye on the JetBlue flights to LGB as well.

What about y'all from the Sacramento area, coming into Oakland? Is there an airport shuttle in your area?
Or drive down to the airport? Or something in between. :)

This makes me kind of sad. I hope it's not a year long switching.

I know. I was bummed out thinking it was gone for good. It's honestly the first thing that's come up about the trip that has made me a bit bummed, so I guess I'll take it. But I will miss their delicious salad. It was really refreshing after all the burgers and fries and such.

Crazy question.
My question is the Dapper Days website safe to book DLH hotel stay? Just wondering if you book through them? With it not really saying a Disney site I'm a little cautious.

Mike

Crazy question.
My question is the Dapper Days website safe to book DLH hotel stay? Just wondering if you book through them? With it not really saying a Disney site I'm a little cautious.

Mike

I've not read of anyone having issues with booking through the DD website. I did a quick search here and no one has posted about any problems other than not being able to link their reservation to their Disneyland account. I tried to do this last week and when I could not, I chatted to a CM on the disneyland.com website and she confirmed that it could not be linked. I did find a thread from March 2016 where someone posted a phone number that you could call to talk to someone about the reservation:

I ran into a similar problem when I called Disney to add a person to our Dapper Day Reservation. When I gave him the Res. number he said it wasn`t in his system. When I told him it was for Dapper Days he transferred me to their convention dept where they confirmed and helped me. Try calling this number and ask if they take care of convention reservations , Dapper Day. 714-520-5005

From this thread: Dapper Day hotel reservation

I booked the DLH through the DD site for this April's trip and while I am fairly certain that it is all legit and above board, I will likely call the convention reservation line to confirm!

Booking through the Dapper Day web site is the same as calling the convention reservation # (shown above). I have booked both ways and when I did through the web site the convention reservation people had the information. The web site booking IS the Disney Convention reservation system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter