• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2011 Anyone? Come be crazy with me!!!

donnajean17

Dreaming about my next trip....
Ok some may say I'm crazy... but gosh darn it I am excited!! Who cares if as of today I still have 472 more days to go? Celebrate with me!!!!

OK I know you see in my signature that I am going to be in the world in March of this year, but that is a short girls trip, what DH and I are planning for April 2011 is an all out dream trip for us and DD and DS. It's just going to take us a while to save up! But I am excited NOW!!! Anyone else? I know your out there! Come be crazy with me!

We are either going in January or the first week of April. I'm not sure how bad the crowd will be the first week of April if Easter is the 24th. Any thoughts?

Woah I had no idea that Easter in 2011 was so late!! It's April 4th in 2010 and April 24th in 2011? Crazy!
That is the date we were going to leave! (4/24/2011) My kids are usually on vacation from school the last week of April....
Easter is usually a crazy time at Disney so this makes me super nervous...:scared1:

We, (meaning me) have planned on arriving April 22. So I could wake up on my 40th birthday there! I never even thought about easter being so late in April. :sad2: That might change up our plans. How bad is it there during that time?:confused3

We, (meaning me) have planned on arriving April 22. So I could wake up on my 40th birthday there! I never even thought about easter being so late in April. :sad2: That might change up our plans. How bad is it there during that time?:confused3

From what I've been told it's VERY bad, crowd wise. A 9 or 10 day (based on touring plans I've seen). But I also think that with a good plan in place it's probably doable, also should have some patience too! We are considering changing our dates too... but not 100% sure yet! Thank goodness we've got time to decide!

We will be at Disney the weekend after Easter! April 29th starts Cheerleading Worlds - so look out, Disney will be swarming with cheerleaders from around the world. I believe they will be staying at the all-star resorts. I just tried to book All-Star Sports and they are completely booked, All-Star Movies just has suites available but I was able to get a standard room at All-Star Music.

Does anyone know how the crowds will be the week BEFORE Easter???

We arrive the 17th and the leave 23rd.

I know what you are sayen we are going nov,2011. i'm excited can't wait this trip will be first one with no kids.:cool1::rotfl2:

We will be there for 10 days beginning April 8th...didn't go at all this year, so we are looking forward to 2011! So happy to be going BEFORE Easter and the Cheerleader week....did that once by mistake - never again! Yikes! :)

Contemporary, MK View, 1 BR suite 14th floor 7 nights
Poly, standard room, 2 nights to check it out for the first time

BUMP!

Looking to find out if the crowds are MASSIVE the week before Easter during the NE spring break?

Ok some may say I'm crazy... but gosh darn it I am excited!! Who cares if as of today I still have 472 more days to go? Celebrate with me!!!!

OK I know you see in my signature that I am going to be in the world in March of this year, but that is a short girls trip, what DH and I are planning for April 2011 is an all out dream trip for us and DD and DS. It's just going to take us a while to save up! But I am excited NOW!!! Anyone else? I know your out there! Come be crazy with me!

I am right there with you... where ar eyou guys staying ???? Tentatively booked at SSR but hoping for the waitlist to come through which is like wishing for snow at Sahara Desert!

Does anyone know how the crowds will be the week BEFORE Easter???

We arrive the 17th and the leave 23rd.
I am regular April goer for the last couple of decades :sigh: and so far when the April 17-21 falls after Easter it was usually a nice slow pace... but when it falls before Easter Sunday it was usually crowded.... I was really planning to skip this April... but a friend had the nerve to remind me... celebrating bdays will not be the same if I do it somewhere else :headache: so now here I am still on the fence about this trip... but knowing Me... I think I will be there... tentavely 16-21 of April....

So what are we doing??? Planning ??? Lots of Pool time... Water Park time??? all I know is I want breakfast at Kona on the 19th... MK for the day.... and Wishes at night... the rest of the days will be winging it ... :):yay::yay:

I am regular April goer for the last couple of decades :sigh: and so far when the April 17-21 falls after Easter it was usually a nice slow pace... but when it falls before Easter Sunday it was usually crowded.... I was really planning to skip this April... but a friend had the nerve to remind me... celebrating bdays will not be the same if I do it somewhere else :headache: so now here I am still on the fence about this trip... but knowing Me... I think I will be there... tentavely 16-21 of April....

So what are we doing??? Planning ??? Lots of Pool time... Water Park time??? all I know is I want breakfast at Kona on the 19th... MK for the day.... and Wishes at night... the rest of the days will be winging it ... :):yay::yay:

Thank you for the info. I am pushing to go on this trip before my DD turns 10. She is petite and to pay extra when she does not eat anymore than before and she is not average height to enjoy some of the bigger rides is too ridiculous. Have a great time and it sounds like you are well experienced with the crowds. Please keep us newbie crowd ppl updated on tip.

We will be there April 14th -22nd staying at POP and hoping for nice weather. I know it will be crowded, but hey we've been before and we'll be back so we see what we see and will NOT get worried over the massive crowds:lmao:

We will be going on April 16th. Just have to decide which resort to stay at!:goodvibes

I know we are crazy going at this time, but we don't have many other options. We arrive the day before Easter and leave May 2. We know it will be very very crowded, but there are some late hours and we have all our ADRs, so we'll be just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter