April 13, 2013 - Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise

Hi Heidi...my name is Heidi also:) just booked today...trying to read through the thread...would love to join an FE group...how do I do that? I will also join the FB page as well. Looking forward to chatting with everyone! Thanks, heidi

blakenjack said:
Hi Heidi...my name is Heidi also:) just booked today...trying to read through the thread...would love to join an FE group...how do I do that? I will also join the FB page as well. Looking forward to chatting with everyone! Thanks, heidi

Sorry...double post

blakenjack said:

Welcome! There is a fish extender sign up sheet in this thread. We are doing a max of 15 rooms, I think. So, there are going to be a few FE swaps.

For those like me looking for Southwest tix to MCO, current notice on southwest.com says they'll open up bookings through April 12th, 2013 on August 27th, 2012
Mark your calendars...

Oh, and I should say that me (DH) and DW and DDs (10 & 7) are booked. Trying to keep a secret from the DDs until Christmas, hope that works!

Oh, and I should say that me (DH) and DW and DDs (10 & 7) are booked. Trying to keep a secret from the DDs until Christmas, hope that works!

Where are you from?? We're on the North Shore in Peabody!
Good luck with the secret. We did that with a trip to WDW a few years ago. We dismissed the kids from school. When they got home, all the bags were waiting near the front door and the van to the airport out front. They flipped out. That was a tough thing keeping it a secret as usually when we plan a trip, we use a countdown at bedtime and enjoy planning and getting excited with the kids.... :cool1:

Where are you from?? We're on the North Shore in Peabody!
We're in Arlington.

Also I forgot to say this is our first cruise ever. My mom is joining us too, but she's been on several cruises on other lines.

We're in Arlington.

Also I forgot to say this is our first cruise ever. My mom is joining us too, but she's been on several cruises on other lines.

I work not far in Cambridge... Small World (no pun intended)

If you haven't yet, be sure to join us on our Facebook page. A lot of daily chat over there. We're bring my parents on their first cruise. You are going to have an absolute blast!! We just went on the Fantasy this past April as a last minute trip and loved it so much, we booked the exact same cruise (same room and all) !!! :thumbsup2

We just went on the Fantasy this past April as a last minute trip
Did you get any deals on airfare, or did you have to pay the extortionate :mad: rates? That's my worry right now, everything looks ridiculous. Hoping/praying that Southwest will have tolerable fares when they open their schedule!

Hi all!

Posting that we'll be on the Fantasy with you all next April, too -- me (Joe), wife (Jean), DD Elyssa (10), and DD Rebecca (8) in one cabin, and my parents in another. The 4 of us will be in a Cat 8A (#6016, anyone know much about this category? It looked interesting) and my parents will be in a Cat 5D.

We've been on DCL a few times: Wonder (W Caribbean, Jan 2004), Magic (E Caribbean, Feb 2009), Magic (Mediterranean, awesome!, Sep 2011). Really looking forward to seeing the Fantasy!

We have annual passes that will expire during the cruise, so of course, we'll *have* to fly in to Orlando a couple days early :) Any tips on how to get from WDW (Boardwalk Villas) to the cruise terminal? I'm thinking that while we _could_ use Disney transfers, would a limo be better to get to the ship earlier? (The person who posted about getting on the AquaDuck early was quite convincing...)

I don't Facebook much, but will try joining the group.

Will also try to join the FE List #2 -- last trip was our first foray into FE's, and while we couldn't hope to keep up with incredibly crafty DIS folks, the DD's really loved finding and delivering the goodies.

Can't wait for next April...

Hi all!

Posting that we'll be on the Fantasy with you all next April, too -- me (Joe), wife (Jean), DD Elyssa (10), and DD Rebecca (8) in one cabin, and my parents in another. The 4 of us will be in a Cat 8A (#6016, anyone know much about this category? It looked interesting) and my parents will be in a Cat 5D.

We've been on DCL a few times: Wonder (W Caribbean, Jan 2004), Magic (E Caribbean, Feb 2009), Magic (Mediterranean, awesome!, Sep 2011). Really looking forward to seeing the Fantasy!

We have annual passes that will expire during the cruise, so of course, we'll *have* to fly in to Orlando a couple days early :) Any tips on how to get from WDW (Boardwalk Villas) to the cruise terminal? I'm thinking that while we _could_ use Disney transfers, would a limo be better to get to the ship earlier? (The person who posted about getting on the AquaDuck early was quite convincing...)

Will also try to join the FE List #2 -- last trip was our first foray into FE's, and while we couldn't hope to keep up with incredibly crafty DIS folks, the DD's really loved finding and delivering the goodies.

First welcome aboard glad you are joining us. I don't know much about the room catagories but all the rooms I have been in have been great. I am driving to the terminal as I want to get on board as early as possible. This past April we were able to board by 11:30 and if you are using Disney transportation you won't be there that early. I am all for the limo idea.

Hi all!

We're directly above you in 7014, 7016 and 7018!

Hi all!

Welcome! We also have a 10 year old DD, so hopefully the girls can meet at the DIS meet. We have an 8 year old too, but he is a boy :)

This past April we were able to board by 11:30 and if you are using Disney transportation you won't be there that early. I am all for the limo idea.

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking seriously about this now... I think I read that there's a transportation area of the DIS boards -- will check that out for tips.

We're directly above you in 7014, 7016 and 7018!

This is where you mention that your entire family likes midnight step dancing in your cabins wearing steel-encased boots, right? :dance3: :)

Welcome! We also have a 10 year old DD, so hopefully the girls can meet at the DIS meet. We have an 8 year old too, but he is a boy :)

Awesome. Perhaps as it gets closer to to April, we'll see whether a kids meet-up might be possible. (Caveat, though -- the grandparents are almost certainly going to try to monopolize the kids as much as possible...)

Hoping/praying that Southwest will have tolerable fares when they open their schedule!

Southwest is now open for booking on Friday April 12th. Fares are a bit more than I wanted to pay but low enough that I'll do it.

I'll have to book our return airfare after the next schedule opens, currently estimated at October 15th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter