Appetizers, Margaritas and Dessert $$

redzinner

Me Wants the Medianoche!
Walked in to La Hacienda about 6:15, seated immediately in main dining room at a table for 4 (only 2 of us) in the middle of the main room.

Very friendly and attentive service but it was the first day they were open to the public. ;)

Looked at the menu but didn't see any main entree I wanted. DH wanted the Del Mar but it is prepared only for 2 and they wouldn't accommodate just for 1. :sad1:

Placed order for Rosita and a Classica Margarita. All made with El Mayor Blanco.
The Rosita was an attractive drink with rose petals on top and rose syrup in the drink. Not really sweet just very 'rosey'. Taking a sip just reminded me of smelling my grandmother's hand lotion. Won't be ordering that one agian! The Classica was typical margarita on the rocks. Neither one super charged with alcohol.

When the drinks promptly were served with chips and salsa (really sauce) we orderd our food: 2 servings of Queso Fundido, 1 Taquiza, 1 Botana.

The chips were tri colored chips and there were 2 salsas; chipotle and salsa verde. They are really sauce not salsa ... no chunks of tomatoes and onions.

This was the first time I have eaten a queso fundido. It was very good but I have nothing to compare it to other than melted cheese and fondue.
It was served in a small (2 1/2 " round casserole) with shredded bits of poblano chilies and chorizo sprinkled on top. It also came with 3 small fresh flour tortillas. The cheese cools fast and sets up but I still managed to scrape every last luscious ooey-gooey bit up. It is manchego not monterey jack. I plopped cheese into a tortilla, literally poured some salsa verde on top, rolled up my tortilla and chomped. I'll go back just for that appetizer.

The taquiza was three mini tacos, pork, chicken, beef. Good but not very flavorful. Definitley not the deep, intense flavors of real Mexican cooking. I didn't expect it to be since Disney Park food is not authentic food just bland samplings of a country's type of cuisine. They gotta please the masses not the foodies.

Sorry, I don't know how the Botana was ... DH didn't comment but he ate it all, so I guess it was okay.

I ordered the Choco con Churros ... all in the spirit of gaining knowledge and experience of the new restaurant you understand! :rolleyes1
The hot chocolate, Abuelita, was very good and served in a demitasse cup with heaps of whipped cream. The two 4" churros were a cinnamon, sugar delight, with a little caramel syrup on the plate.

We'll definitely return to try an entree.

Expensive I think but that's Disney Table Service 'par for the course'.

2 'Ritas
2 Queso Fundido
1 Tequiza
1 Botana
1 Choco con Churros

food+ beverages + tax = $83.01 + 18 % tip = 97.26
with TIW discount = $77.35

Thanks for your review! I think we will have to try the queso fundito, sounds delish!

I thought that rose petal margarita would be too floral-y for me so I am going to try the blueberry one, YUM!

Thanks for the heads up on the salsa. My fam and I are HUGE mexican food fans and are hoping that this was finally going to be the place to get authentic stuff, or at least the closest we can get. We are going there tomorrow actually *crosses fingers* Praying that all ends deliciously.

Thanks for the review! Is the outdoor dining area all quick service or TS?

Thanks for the review! Is the outdoor dining area all quick service or TS?

I don't know for sure Sheryl but I didn't see anyone from the restaurant, such as the servers with food trays, going out there.

Wow! That seems expensive for what you had. How much were the drinks?

Maggie

1 Classica $12.50
1 Rosita $13.00
2 Queso Fundido $25.00 (12.50 each)
1 Tequiza $10.75
1 Botana $9.95
1 Choco con Churros $7.95

Margaritas are an expensive drink with the 2 liquors in them. Yeah, I thought the meal of appetizers and drinks was expensive too. TIW helped.

Thanks for the information Sally! You had me ... :lmao: ... about the comment over the smell of the rosita margarita. I wouldn't order it just for that reason alone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter