• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here with a few questions about APH rates. I am currently booked at RPR for two nights, February 21-22, 2017. My current rate through orbitz is $364/night for a standard room. I booked using ebates so I will be getting roughly $45 cash back after we complete our stay. I also have park to park tickets through Undercover Tourist which I purchased before the rate increase. I believe the tickets can be upgraded. I paid $216 each for the adult tickets and that price includes the tax. The AP rate for my nights is $314 per night at Hard Rock (no standard rooms left at RPR), so roughly a $100 savings. The cheapest AP rate is $320 plus tax. It would cost me over $100 to upgrade one of the adult tickets to an AP so I really am not saving anything and I would lose my ebates cash back. So it seems to me that the only advantage to switching to Hard Rock is a nicer hotel room for a small price increase.

Am I understanding this correctly? Is there any advantage to having one AP such as free parking or other discounts? Is Hard Rock so much nicer that it is worth the hassle of changing my reservations and having to go to customer service to upgrade my ticket?

Last edited:
Okay - I can save over 200 bucks if I book with APH rates.

I now have to get an annual pass though. How does this work? Do I order it online and they send it to me? Or do I pick it up somewhere before I check into the hotel?

Last edited:

Finally able to book for March 14-16. Looks like Hard Rock was cheaper than Royal Pacific, so we are staying at the Hard Rock.

Okay - I can save over 200 bucks if I book with APH rates.

I now have to get an annual pass though. How does this work? Do I order it online and they send it to me? Or do I pick it up somewhere before I check into the hotel?
You can order online and get a voucher

Redeem for the AP once at the parks

Book with AP rate
As long as you show the AP card at the hotel check in counter, your room rate holds
Do this sometime before the day you check out

Finally able to book for March 14-16. Looks like Hard Rock was cheaper than Royal Pacific, so we are staying at the Hard Rock.

I saw the same thing for our dates. PB and HRH were $5 cheaper per night ($214 for either) than RPR ($219). We also chose the Hard Rock.

Woo hoo just modified my reservations for RPR May 7th thru 11th. It went from 259.00 per night to 219.00!!!!

Ok so I may be getting greedy but any chance my APH rate goes down further?

If it does, call immediately and request to modify to the lower rate

When AP rates drop, that limited inventory goes quick

One year in late September, I saw a new lower AP rate for my room type

I had booked in advance but was able to call and modify to the lower AP rate
Soon after, rooms were filled

Got a garden view room at HRH $254/night for our spring break in mid March.
RPR was sold out of regular rooms and I think PBH was a little more than HRH but I didn't watch closely.
Wahoo!

Yikes! I just booked at Cabana Bay for a Courtyard Poolside Family suite for about $148 per night for 5/9-5/13 checkout. In November, I paid $109 for the same room.

I guess more people have discovered how awesome CB is.

Anyone with any luck for April 8-16? I know it's Spring Break for most of us but was hoping for some discount with our new APs. Back to planning :flower1:

The two bedroom suite I had already booked at RPR wasn't eligible for the APH rate so I switched over to a PBH villa suite which was eligible. Portofino was our first choice anyway!

Aw, man! We'll be there May 29-June 2. the AP rate is $100/night cheaper at Royal Pacific the few days before in late May than the SMSM rate I got. Come on, baby! Reduce it just those few days later too! (Wishful thinking!)

Aw, man! We'll be there May 29-June 2. the AP rate is $100/night cheaper at Royal Pacific the few days before in late May than the SMSM rate I got. Come on, baby! Reduce it just those few days later too! (Wishful thinking!)

I think they have just released through the previous week, we will have to wait for the next round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter