• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your APH rates again! My January dates dropped so much that I switched from a standard room at RPR to a bay view room at PBH. In the process, I found out I have YouFirst Blue status linked to an old email address, so even though I haven't been there in a few years I'll probably get an upgrade. Further back in the thread I mentioned that I'd love to surprise my mom with a stay at PBH, but I didn't think it would actually happen!

Would an upgrade move me from a Bay View 2 Queen to a Deluxe 2 Queen? Is that considered the next tier? And do they also have bay views or only pool views?

Last edited:

Check your APH rates again! My January dates dropped so much that I switched from a standard room at RPR to a bay view room at PBH. In the process, I found out I have YouFirst Blue status linked to an old email address, so even though I haven't been there in a few years I'll probably get an upgrade. Further back in the thread I mentioned that I'd love to surprise my mom with a stay at PBH, but I didn't think it would actually happen!

Would an upgrade move me from a Bay View 2 Queen to a Deluxe 2 Queen? Is that considered the next tier? And do they also have bay views or only pool views?

Congrats, You mom will love PBH! I see no drops for my January trip or my Feb one. What are your dates?

Not to be a Debbie downer, but what makes you think you will get an upgrade? when I was blue (& gold) over many years, never-ever received an upgrade, even the pay @ check-in type. Can't say I've read many instances of it here either...maybe if it's really dead:confused3

As platinum, when a suite wasn't available, a few times we were upgraded from garden to bay view. Honestly, every room we've had there (with exception of the ones close to noisy ice machine that finally was replaced) ALL the rooms are lovely there, enjoy!

Congrats, You mom will love PBH! I see no drops for my January trip or my Feb one. What are your dates?

Not to be a Debbie downer, but what makes you think you will get an upgrade? when I was blue (& gold) over many years, never-ever received an upgrade, even the pay @ check-in type. Can't say I've read many instances of it here either...maybe if it's really dead:confused3

As platinum, when a suite wasn't available, a few times we were upgraded from garden to bay view. Honestly, every room we've had there (with exception of the ones close to noisy ice machine that finally was replaced) ALL the rooms are lovely there, enjoy!

Thanks! We're going 1/22-1/25.
The rep I talked to when switching my reservation told me she thought I might get an upgrade. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it would be a nice surprise if it happens!

Thanks! We're going 1/22-1/25.
The rep I talked to when switching my reservation told me she thought I might get an upgrade. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it would be a nice surprise if it happens!

It would indeed:wizard:, good luck. I'm paying $244 plus a night AP rate 1/6 - 1/8 & 2/3-2/4 - among the highest I've ever paid onsite...not thrilled lol

It would indeed:wizard:, good luck. I'm paying $244 plus a night AP rate 1/6 - 1/8 & 2/3-2/4 - among the highest I've ever paid onsite...not thrilled lol

Mine is $239/night for Bay View. The AP RPR rate for my dates dropped from $204 to $174 yesterday. I was surprised that my mother wanted to go for the more expensive PBH after I showed her pictures of it. It helps a lot that we're splitting the costs, though. If it were just DH and me I would have jumped on the lower RPR rate.

I was just looking at the YouFirst site. It says, "Blue members receive a room upgrade, if available, upon arrival." You haven't heard of anyone getting upgraded?

I was just looking at the YouFirst site. It says, "Blue members receive a room upgrade, if available, upon arrival." You haven't heard of anyone getting upgraded?
I got upgraded both times I stayed at PBR. Paid for a garden view, got a bay view deluxe room. Was informed at the time of booking over the phone. By the way, I'm still waiting for 2/23-2/25 dates to become available at the APH rate.

I got upgraded both times I stayed at PBR. Paid for a garden view, got a bay view deluxe room. Was informed at the time of booking over the phone. By the way, I'm still waiting for 2/23-2/25 dates to become available at the APH rate.
Did you also have Blue status? I don't know why I do, I even threw away my card since I haven't been back in a few years and we'd never go more than twice in one year to get any benefits.

If the hotel is a sell out, won't be possible for a blue level room upgrade from standard view to water view

So realistically when should I expect APH rates to be released for my dates May 7th through 11th? I'm thinking March but hoping for sooner.

Since AP rates are presently out for up to mid February, could be the next set of AP rates might appear late January

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter