AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

Well, after holding almost two hours, there were no discounts for me. I’ll just keep checking, but since it’s fall break for a lot of people (my dates) and it was completely sold out before discounts were even released, I’m not holding on to much hope ☹️. I’m glad some of you got a discount at least!

Can someone check All Star Movies for 11/15-11/19? I can't see the rates online because I am having the voucher issue. I don't want to wait forever on hold if there isn't a discount or if it isn't better than the 10% discount for non-passholders.

Thanks!!

Becky

Are other seeing weekends not available for passholder rates? I’ve got a poly res I’m trying to modify and currently have weekdays at the AP rate but weekends are only showing full price (not even GP rate). Wondering if this could be an instance of holding back weekend rates?

I just made an AP reservation at BWI that includes the second weekend in December. All nights were discounted 30%. I did notice that the discount at the Poly was much less for the same dates, so probably it varies by resort,

Are other seeing weekends not available for passholder rates? I’ve got a poly res I’m trying to modify and currently have weekdays at the AP rate but weekends are only showing full price (not even GP rate). Wondering if this could be an instance of holding back weekend rates? But I can pull up AP weekend rates at other places if I go for a full week, I thought weekends not being available was an across the board, available no where situation?

Also if you book a whole week at an AP rate can you then modify it to a few days?
You can only modify if there is availability for those dates.

I had the same issue with our current PH rate- but the website fluctuated. One day weekends were rack rate, the next they were fully discounted. Took me several days to catch a day when the weekends were discounted. Made no sense at all.

I am so tempted to switch to Gran Destino with a water view. I just don't like moderates!

Last edited:
You can only modify if there is availability for those dates.

I had the same issue with our current PH rate- but the website fluctuated. One day weekends were rack rate, the next they were fully discounted. Took me several days to catch a day when the weekends were discounted. Made no sense at all.
Dangit. Thanks!!

If AP expires on Dec 7, can I check into hotel using AP rate for remainder of trip?

Only able to get a room at All Stars from Nov 28 to Dec 7; but planned on staying until Dec 9. So looking to book a Dec 7 to Dec 9 reservation at another property.

Are other seeing weekends not available for passholder rates? I’ve got a poly res I’m trying to modify and currently have weekdays at the AP rate but weekends are only showing full price (not even GP rate). Wondering if this could be an instance of holding back weekend rates? But I can pull up AP weekend rates at other places if I go for a full week, I thought weekends not being available was an across the board, available no where situation?

Also if you book a whole week at an AP rate can you then modify it to a few days?
Yes, you can modify it to just a few days although you may have to call later and have guest relations do it for you.

Can someone check All Star Movies for 11/15-11/19? I can't see the rates online because I am having the voucher issue. I don't want to wait forever on hold if there isn't a discount or if it isn't better than the 10% discount for non-passholders.

Thanks!!

Becky

All Star Movies is showing as unavailable under the discount, but Sports and Music are available for $102/night for those dates.

I modified my reservation online to use the Passholder rate for Sports in early November.

It's only a ONE night so now I have a credit.

It says the difference will be applied to my "hotel account", what does that mean as in when will I see it as I don't have a balance for it go towards on this reservation? I used a Gift Card to pay the one night last week when I booked it originally.

(I posted this in another thread but thought I'd ask here too as I wasn't sure where to ask)

I modified my reservation online to use the Passholder rate for Sports in early November.

It says the difference will be applied to my "hotel account", what does that mean as in when will I see it as I don't have a balance for it go towards on this reservation? I used a Gift Card to pay the one night last week when I booked it originally.

(I posted this in another thread but thought I'd ask here too as I wasn't sure where to ask)

Maybe they can't apply the refund back to the gift card so they are giving you a hotel credit to use against room charges. Just a guess.

It means when you check-in you'll have a negative balance. This is normal SOP in my experience when changing room rates. The only time I've gotten a refund is when I cancel the trip entirely. Otherwise, it just works exactly like it says, a credit to your hotel account.

Was able to apply the PH discount to my 9/15-9/22 Pop reservation online, however the weekend PH rate was $26 more per night than the standard rate (even pricing a new booking this morning). Only saved about $30 because of this. Tried calling for an hour but never even got put on hold - either busy signal or all circuits busy message. Room type is no longer available at standard rates but it looks like a back end fix was made to made the discount look better. This morning the room was $195 avg per night for no discount (when I could still book it) and $190 with discount. Now that it’s unavailable with no discount, it shows the standard rate (but room not available) on the PH offer page as $218 avg per night, making the PH deal look better. And if standard room rates went up since I booked in Jan that’s fine, but my Jan standard rate was identical to what was offered online until the room type sold out about a half hour ago. I guess I get to keep checking back to see if stuff changes again. Also I’m sure no one will admit that they raised soon rates this morning (just in time for discounts, or actually 2 hours late lol).

Yes, you can modify it to just a few days although you may have to call later and have guest relations do it for you.

I can confirm this as well. I've got 2 reservations that I'll need guest relations to modify into shorter stays, but I'm planning to wait a few days until the phone chaos dies down.

Thanks!!

Becky
The website is currently having issues, showing that booking is currently unavailable when I try to add this to my cart however it does pull up that for a Preferred Room it was an avg of $111/night for that window from 11/15-19 at All-Star Movies. Hope that helps?

I also see some rate increases after discounts were applied. This had to be due to demand increasing the night rate.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter