Anyone tried the counter service Mexican at MK?

penguinande

Mouseketeer
I saw on allearsnet that there is a counter service Mexican place at MK. There didn't seem to be much on the menu (but I dont think the allearsnet menus are 100% complete). I haven't heard this place mentioned on the boards or on any other website. Has anyone tried it. Is it any good? I like Mexican food and I'm not terribly picky.

It is called El Pirate y el Perico (think I got the name right). It is right next to Frontier land by the Pirates of the Carribean Ride.

I feel this is the Best! food in all the MK and perhaps in all of Disney. Personally my favorite, we always stop there for lunch, the two or three times a year that we go to MK. The food is fresh, cheap, and incredible. The lines move quickly as well even when they are long.

I strongly suggest it!

We like El Pirata y Perico. I like their Taco Salads. It's not always open tho....

It does have good food..........it is almost across from the POC ride kinda hidden, and it isn't always open. They need to sell margaritas!!!

I had my Thanksgiving meal here many years ago! Nothing says Thanksgiving like a taco ;) But it was really good! That is one thing I do remember. BUT ever since DH and I have been going, it is never open :sad1: I do think it is only used during peak times (we always have gone in Sept). I am looking forward to hopefully having it open for our trip next month!

Very good tacos & taco salads. Used to have excellent "loaded" nachos, but not on the menu anymore. A great change of pace from other counter service at the parks. Too bad you never know when it's going to be open! Even on the days it's open sometimes the hours are limited, so make sure you check the park schedule.

They are never open when we go. We always check but they are always closed. CM said it is just seasonal so hopefully it will be open when you go.

the menu on allears is correct it is a very limited menu. they are only open during busy times like xmas week, spring break and the summer.

I have eatent here a couple times. I always get the Taco Salad as it is one of the better deals on WDW property. The food is good, better than Taco Bell but not as good as a decent sit down Mexican Restaurant. It is to bad that it is extremely seasonal.

OK, I'll be brave and make a negative statement. This is not a restaurant anyone in my family likes -- even for just a snack. Now, I'll qualify my statement. I grew up in Florida, and my dh and I lived in Texas when we first graduated from college. Thus, we expect something a little "more" from our Mexican food.

We also love this place, but don't think we've found it open since Dec 2002. Taco Salads are great & different from all the other CS at the MK. We've been in March 2003, Sept 2004 & Jan 2005, with no luck of it being open. My in-laws were there last year during Easter week, and it still wasn't open. We'd be happy to see it open in May when we return, but don't even consider it in part of our plans anymore. We planned for it in the past & then it wasn't open. Good luck! :)

I love their taco salads. I was so sad when I was there last September and they weren't open. :(

My boys and I love this place!!! We will be there June 4-14 this year and I sure hope they're open.

Carla

The food there was pretty good, but only if you eat beef. I don't eat much beef, and my sister is totally vegetarian. It was hard to get the staff to make a taco salad without the meat, and then it really wasn't worth what she got (for the same price as it would be with the meat). The line at Pecos Bill's was really long though, so we made due. Also, if you are trying to avoid carbs, the "taco" salad shell is kind of a big part of the salad. The shell is made with white four and deep fried - so if you like fried food, you'll most likely enjoy it, but if you are more of a California-style healthy eating habits person, it may not be to your liking.

We make it a point to get one of our Taco Salads from there (the other we get from Mexico).

It is hard to find but you can also get to it from Peco's Bills-walk from the seating area in the back of the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter