Anyone Recently Fly With a Pak n Play?

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi - we'll be headed to Ft. Myers, FL and WDW in Oct for Halloween. Our DS10 mo will be sleeping in his Pak N Play (he seems to do ok with it). We'll be flying in from Denver (non-stop). Does anyone have some traveling tips for this bulky item (it does have a travel cover with it)? Did you run into any trouble with it? We'd like to hear some feedback! Thanks!!

I have taken my pack n play before on an airplane. I just placed it in the cover, and placed a nametag on the handle. It arrived at our destination with no problems.

That's good to hear. I've been wondering about this myself. We don't go until February, but DD (now 10 months) will sleep in her Pack n Play also (as of now anyway). I don't really want to use a hotel or rental crib, and neither she or I would sleep if she were in bed with DH and I.

If you're flying on big planes, should be no problem. We used to fly to Minneapolis, then change planes and get ona tiny little plane to Central Minn. Of the 3 or 4 trips we took like that, our pack 'n play never arrived with us.

We traveled years ago with a Pack 'n Play because in Hawaii they wanted $20/night to rent a crib.

The best thing we did was borrow BIL's military duffle bag. PNP fit in it perfectly and it kept it from getting scratched up or the cover from getting ripped.

I don't know about today's regulations, but it's a thought.

If you don't know a military person, go to your local army/navy surplus store. They are relatively inexpensive there.

If you are staying at a disney resort they will loan you one at no charge, just ask in advance before you get there, I did it when I made my reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter