Anyone hear anything on removing the “no park hopping till 2pm” rule?

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought the 2 o'clock time was all because of ROTR. If they allow people to hop before the afternoon group selection they would possibly be able to get a boarding pass.
No. You must have a park reservation at HS to try for a BG. Being able to hop would make no difference. Now, they may have done that so people didn't THINK they could, but the system would be able to not even allow them to try anyway.

Also it doesn't do anything to manage crowding as soon as it hits 2:00.

For example, there are no more reservations for October 1 at MK - and haven't been for months. But starting at 2:00 pm, people can swarm into MK and many people seem to be planning to. Maybe the plan is to create a one-in/one-out system, meaning that people can only enter the park at 2:00 IF that many people have left the park already, but since you don't tap out of parks (only in) and since that hasn't been an issue thus far with, say, DHS throughout the reopening, I suspect they aren't actually limiting hopping to the number of people who entered and left the park already.

They have said since hopping came back that you need to check to make sure it's allowed for the park you want to hop to. No park has closed for hopping since this started, but I imagine that might be the day for it.

I get all these arguments but there are so many things in place they could use to allow hopping prior to 2. There really isn't a reason not to as they can just not allow hopping to a more crowded park. Plus there's no way they aren't accounting for the number of people that generally hop in all of their number figuring. They know what people generally do along with how many people have a park reservation with hoppers or an AP everyday.

I personally used park hopper often. For instance, if MK was doing EMH in the morning, we'd go there for an hour or two, but then hop over to HS (just an example) for the day but would leave to have dinner at Epcot or to see the MK fireworks. Having to wait until 2pm seems very constricting.

They have said since hopping came back that you need to check to make sure it's allowed for the park you want to hop to. No park has closed for hopping since this started, but I imagine that might be the day for it.

I get all these arguments but there are so many things in place they could use to allow hopping prior to 2. There really isn't a reason not to as they can just not allow hopping to a more crowded park. Plus there's no way they aren't accounting for the number of people that generally hop in all of their number figuring. They know what people generally do along with how many people have a park reservation with hoppers or an AP everyday.
I agree with you - they have so much data that they can estimate hopping pretty accurately. And I wouldn't be surprised for them to limit or even cancel hopping to MK and Epcot on October 1 because of all the people who couldn't get reservations for those parks and want to hop over from AK/DHS to see the new fireworks shows.

a friend & I are hoping to do the “4 parks in one day” challenge next week & we sure were hoping the 2pm hopping restrictions would be lifted by then. Even bumping it to 1pm would be helpful. Doesn’t look likely

This is one of many things about the current state of WDW that I despise. We like to stay in the Epcot resorts and it's great to be able to hop before 2:00. Spend the morning in DHS, then hop to Epcot for lunch. Rope drop Epcot for a ride or two, have breakfast at Garden Grill then monorail to Magic Kingdom. Grab breakfast in the France pavilion before heading over to DHS for the day. Once we even did a double rope drop. DHS rope drop was at 7:00. We were in the park until 8:30, then walked over to Epcot in time for the 9:00am rope drop. It made for a very fun day. We were very rarely the people who only hopped in the evening, so this is pretty limiting for the way we like to tour and takes away some of the value of staying in a resort right next to the parks, as we can no longer just pop in any time.

If they keep park reservations, and looks like they will, they would have to make you get a reservation at the next park if they got rid of the time constraint. The question there would be could Disney IT handle it?

For example, there are no more reservations for October 1 at MK - and haven't been for months. But starting at 2:00 pm, people can swarm into MK and many people seem to be planning to.

Park hopping is not guaranteed. Sure, we haven’t seen anyone turned away or refused entry at 2 yet. But I think it’s a strong possibility people will be refused hopping into MK on Oct 1.

Park hopping is not guaranteed. Sure, we haven’t seen anyone turned away or refused entry at 2 yet. But I think it’s a strong possibility people will be refused hopping into MK on Oct 1.
I agree, and they may not be able to hop into Epcot that day either. I just wish they'd announce that in advance instead of last minute, if that's their plan, to reduce disappointment.

I just wish they'd announce that in advance instead of last minute, if that's their plan, to reduce disappointment.

I don't think it's something they can announce in advance because it will be dependent on how many people are trying to come vs going out. It's too fluid a situation.

I don't think it's something they can announce in advance because it will be dependent on how many people are trying to come vs going out. It's too fluid a situation.
I'm sure they want to control how many people are in those two parks for the fireworks that night. The best way to control that number is by controlling the number of park pass reservations they allow and by not allowing hopping - if people who have a reservation leave before the fireworks, that doesn't mean they need to let other people in to take their places. Epcot is so large that they might not need to prevent hopping there, but MK's Hub would likely be overcrowded by anyone's definition. Obviously, we can only wait to find out what they'll do.

The best way to control that number is by controlling the number of park pass reservations they allow and by not allowing hopping - if people who have a reservation leave before the fireworks, that doesn't mean they need to let other people in to take their places.

Agree! We have MK reservations for Oct 1. We’re in our 60s & may not make it in the park the whole day. Since we staying at the Contemporary, we may decide to go back for a rest & return later for fireworks. I expect to be let back in, since we have park reservations. We better be included in the capacity numbers all day, not just til 2.

I don't mind some limits on hopping but 2 PM is way too late in the day. I'd be fine with 11 AM or two-three hours after your first (Or second, whatever) park opens. Like if DHS opens at 8 you can hop somewhere else at 11. OR if you're hopping to Epcot and it opens at 10 you can hop there at 12.

a friend & I are hoping to do the “4 parks in one day” challenge next week & we sure were hoping the 2pm hopping restrictions would be lifted by then. Even bumping it to 1pm would be helpful. Doesn’t look likely

My husband and I did 4 parks in one day at the end of July. Well, technically it was 5 parks because we started in MK and ended in MK. When we hopped from MK to AK, they let us through the tap style at 1:47 pm. My notes say I was in line for Everest at 1:55 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter