Anyone hear anything on removing the “no park hopping till 2pm” rule?

I’d even be happy if they moved from 2p to 12p…move the second drop up to 11:30a or something if that’s the main issue (I suspect it’s not). At least then you could hop for lunch etc.

I actually like this idea specifically because it gives you the ability to hop to another park in time for a lunch ADR while still giving priority for the boarding pass lottery to those with a park reservation for that park.

I think they could, but I don't think Disney IT is capable.
They could allow you to change your reservation even after you are in your first park. They could limit the available day-reservations that were available to keep people from park-hoppers from swamping one park before the early birds left.
Can't argue that! 😂 :D

There has to be a better solution though. For as much as they charge for hoppers, they either need to reduce the price or give more flexibility.

Can't argue that! 😂 :D

There has to be a better solution though. For as much as they charge for hoppers, they either need to reduce the price or give more flexibility.

Unfortunately, the park reservations made park hoppers attractive to me. I'm probably not the only one. So as long as demand as good enough (for something that has zero cost to them) they won't change it. I'd been against spending the money or wasting time to change parks. But I got so stressed out trying to plan the park reservations for our two-week, 10-park-day vacation, that I added PH when I bought the tickets. It annoys me to reward Disney this way. But it will work out that we won't be giving them any extra money. Between the park hoppers and G+, that adds $600 for the three of us. But, we'll be leaving for a rest every day so that we can open and close every park day. We drive to Disney, so we'll eat off-site. That means Disney won't get any money from "I'm hungry and I'm in the parks." We'll still eat worthwhile food and some character meals, but we'll save at least $60 day on food.

True…but with IA$ (or LL+ not sure of proper acronym) someone may be able to do this anyways…so kind of crappy you can do it if you pay but rules prevent people from trying to do it for free?

They may not allow people to enter before 2 pm just by paying for IAS. I would be surprised if this is a work around to the park hopping time.

They may not allow people to enter before 2 pm just by paying for IAS. I would be surprised if this is a work around to the park hopping time.
I thought the system would not allow you to get a lightning till after 2:00 for another park.
GENIE knows were you park reservation is for that day and will check if you have park hopping.
I think it will also "warn' you if you don't have enough time to get to that second park.
Remember it sees all you plans for that day.

GENIE knows were you park reservation is for that day and will check if you have park hopping.
I think it will also "warn' you if you don't have enough time to get to that second park.
Remember it sees all you plans for that day.

And their patent said something using your location to offer ride reservations. That sounds like other park ride reservations might start at 2pm at the earliest.

I know this post is almost two months old but just curious if any update or rumors of this changing? We were there in mid-October and this by far was the biggest “negative” we noted…not masks or all the other stuff I worried about. Several days we were done with morning park by noon-ish and would’ve loved to head to WS for lunch or another park. Overall we had a great time, but this is probably the closest thing to a “dealbreaker” to planning another trip…at least for our touring style.

My personal opinion is the only reason they would change it would be if the money spent during lunch was impacted. For example, if enough people felt like changing parks at 11 am and went back to their room and ate lunch there. Even then, if people are trapped in the Disney bubble, Disney wouldn't care.

Proable hoping that those that are done by noonish..... will head to Disney Springs for lunch. And maybe do some shopping while there.

Please let Disney know this. If we want things to change we need to speak up.
most likely won't care about someone who has been mutiple times and isn't planing to come back becuse of a change means nothing to them when there is someone else who will come anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter