• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever eat at Victoria & Alberts @ the Grand Floridian?

We ate there in 2001 and absolutely LOVED it! But we are big wine and food fans out here in Cali, so we adored the wine pairings. We did it for our honeymoon and loved the royal treatment. We even dressed up for the occasion! I have absolutely no complaints. Anyone who loves to be well served, pampered, and enjoys fine, gourmet dining will ADORE this experience. If you can, I'd say do it. :) We still have the chocolate "congradulations" card from them regarding our honeymoon. Now we're hoping to afford to do it this year for our anniversary.

I was going to add we ended up so drunk that I am pretty sure we loved it but don't exactly remember the last few courses. :drinking1 We are also big wine lovers and so enjoyed the pairings(a little too much I think) I thought the whole Victoria and Albert thing was a little strange in such a formal feel of a place. But I loved feeling so secluded as we truly enjoyed a very romantic dinner.

I didn't make the ressie until I had a promise from DH that he would agree to be adventuresome with his palate. And he was, more so than me. He even enjoyed the Foie Gras which I just can't handle. We ordered the wine pairing too and were very impressed. They called us two days before our ressie and grilled us (no pun intended) about our likes and dislikes. If you do not or can not eat something they give you ample opportunity to let them know. Also, the chefs in this kitchen are artists, eating their creations is an honor even if it is something I would never consider eating anywhere else I'll eat it at V&A. (that goes same for California Grill) and I have not been dissappointed yet.

I would also like to eat there - but what about my DH he does not eat seafood. He's not *that* picky of a eater - on a cruise he seemed to enjoy a lot of things. What does anyone suggest?

java said:
I was going to add we ended up so drunk that I am pretty sure we loved it but don't exactly remember the last few courses. :drinking1 We are also big wine lovers and so enjoyed the pairings(a little too much I think) I thought the whole Victoria and Albert thing was a little strange in such a formal feel of a place. But I loved feeling so secluded as we truly enjoyed a very romantic dinner.
Yup! We started to get a little TOO tipsy and slowed down. It turned out that I didn't finish my port, but at least I tried it! :) And where else can you get a glass of Chianti from a Spanish vineyard bottled in the 1800s! :) Worth every penny. (Half the fun was going to the bathroom and "racing" Victoria or Albert to our seat. We NEVER won, though we made a good try of it! :rotfl2: )

I would also like to eat there - but what about my DH he does not eat seafood. He's not *that* picky of a eater - on a cruise he seemed to enjoy a lot of things. What does anyone suggest?

I wouldn't worry. Just let them know inadvance that your DH has an allergy to seafood, and I'm positive they'll accomodate! It's the most personalized meal you'll have in WDW.

I would love to eat there, as I like tasting new foods, but DH likes big portions, not a spoonful of food in the middle of a plate:worried:

I have booked for the fist itme,
im going in June and just cant wait! im going to call afew days before we go and also explain my husband cant eat sea food
Claire.

Disney Cakers:
Eliminating sefood usually eliminates one of the four entrees offered each evening. Usually the remaining offerings consist of a meat (like Grilled Prime Filet) poultry (like Roasted petit Poulet), and an "alternative" meat/game selection (such as Jamison lamb). Since the menu changes often, there's no real way to tell exactly what will be on the menu the nite you dine atV&A, so specific recommendations are tough to make.

magicmouse2 said:
I would love to eat there, as I like tasting new foods, but DH likes big portions, not a spoonful of food in the middle of a plate:worried:

Don't be worried! Though the portions are small (gourmet meals usually are), the food is very tasty and there are a number of courses. I can't imagine anyone leaving hungry!

JDarling said:
Don't be worried! Though the portions are small (gourmet meals usually are), the food is very tasty and there are a number of courses. I can't imagine anyone leaving hungry!

My FI and I had a late dinner (8:00) and we left so stuffed ... they just keep bringing out courses, and you want to eat everything they bring... in the end I couldn't finish my dessert... it was so good, but I was just too full.

DH and I ate there for our 10th Wedding Anniversary dinner. It was an absolutely amazing experience. :cloud9: It started when we drove up to the guard tower at the GF ... the gentleman there looked at his sheet and said, "Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs." ... the valet that took our car keys also wished us a Happy Anniversary. We were pampered and fussed over and it truly added something special to our celebration. The food was wonderful, and although the portions are small ... there are so many courses that I was totally stuffed when I walked out of there. I also did the wine course and would recommend that.

funnybunny921 said:
My FI and I had a late dinner (8:00) and we left so stuffed ... they just keep bringing out courses, and you want to eat everything they bring... in the end I couldn't finish my dessert... it was so good, but I was just too full.

Me too! And at that time, I could really pack away the food! LOL You get lots of tastes of things - not just 1 big portion of something.

A good trade might be hoop-de-doo or a buffet the next day for V&A another night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter