• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever eat at Victoria & Alberts @ the Grand Floridian?

BATBkindagirl

#1 KEANE fan and YANKEES fan
My mom says she would love to eat there for some special occasion. I heard it was around $99 per person but someone said it was the best food they've ever eaten. Is it really that good?

Oh, it is excellent. I think it is currently $95/person before tax but I'm not sure.

The cuisine, service and atmosphere are all very special. :sunny:

If you want the best dining experiences in WDW this is the place. I had a great dinner here with my father on Xmas eve and it was fantastic. I can nt think of on bad thing.

I'm dissenting on popular opinion.

We ate there a few years back, and didn't have a particularly good experience. While our Albert was a gem, our Victoria had an "attitude", and was rather rude when answering some questions my husband had about the menu. In fact it's one of the few times he's EVER complained about service anywhere--he's pretty easy to please and doesn't like to make waves.

Anyhow, the food was also not to our liking, I can't recall the exact menu, but it didn't work for us at all that night. We've taken a look at the menu a few other times as we've walked by to go to Cotrico's, and have seen items that looked fabulous, but are always afraid we're going to hit the one night with the "yucky" menu if we rebook.

We're just as happy spending half the money to have a great meal at Citrico's or Jiko.

Anne

We LOVED it....if you can, I highly recommend the Chef's Table for an even more outrageous experience....and it's really not that much more a person to eat at the Chef's Table....

I've eaten at V&A twice and LOVED it! Once was on Christmas Day 2003 and then again last July.

Excellent food, great service - although they actually brought the wrong entree to one of us, it was quickly cleared up and they were very apologetic. It was just one of those things, and didn't spoil the night at all.

I would highly recommend it. If it is a special celebration, tell the restaurant when you book. For my parents anniversary they were wished Happy Anniversary by several CM's and received a chocolate greetings card.

It's our favorite restaurant at WDW. We've always had wonderful menus, but we also enjoy a very wide variety of food. That said, it is a limited menu with choices for each course. Often times there are two or three appetizer choices, two soup choices and so on. It is a delightful experience, but I can see how a menu without any food that's to one's liking would ruin it. I highly recommend dining there.

Without wanting to sound condescending, I think you need to be a real foodie to appreciate V&A's. If you are, then it's second to none and worth every penny (or cent to you guys, I guess! ;) ).

We've had the pleasure of dining at V&A 3 times now. Most recently this past December. We also introduced a friend of ours to it in December. He was just as hooked as we have been by the second course. Current price is $95 per person, for the wine course option add another $50 per person. We did the wine courses and weren't disappointed. DH is allergic to shell fish and they were super great about this as well. I was celebrating my Birthday and got a special chocolate card at the end of the meal. Ladies also receive a long stemmed red rose at the conclusion of the meal.

This is not a restaurant you want to eat at all the time, but it is sure spectacular for a special occasion. ::MinnieMo

Without wanting to sound condescending, I think you need to be a real foodie to appreciate V&A's. If you are, then it's second to none and worth every penny

I agree completely! :)

I had a special event lunch there for the Happy Haunts Ball - It was Spectacular! I am trying to decide about going back in Aug. Would have loved to have my birthday dinner there, but DH doesn't seem to interested in dressing for it.

We love it and are looking forward to trying to get the chef's table for our honeymoon

Have eaten there a few times and LOVED it. My parents once tried the wine pairing and also really enjoyed that but they are HUGE wine drinkers (drinking must be genetic i swear!) If you can afford it and enjoy fancy places V&A is tops!

Thanks for your opinions guys. What I'm afraid of is my mom not liking the food, since I get what you mean about having to be a "real foodie." But, I would definitely love to try V&A on my next birthday or so :P

DH and I discussed it and don't feel it's about being a "real foodie", but rather being willing to try something new and different. The foods they serve are pretty normal (with maybe a few different things thrown in), but are perhaps put together in different combinations than one would normally do at home. ::MinnieMo

I've eaten there twice. Very romantic setting and serving.
Food is very good and beautifully arranged for presentation.
Very continental but certainly no 'weird' foods...it's just the combinations of sauces, etc that really sparkle!

I think if given the opportunity , I'd go for Chef's Table too! Not sure how much more expensive, but it would be fun.

missminniemouse said:
DH and I discussed it and don't feel it's about being a "real foodie", but rather being willing to try something new and different. The foods they serve are pretty normal (with maybe a few different things thrown in), but are perhaps put together in different combinations than one would normally do at home. ::MinnieMo
I think what I was trying to say is that, unless you are a real foodie, you may find that there are less expensive options which would suit you just as well, rather than the menu options being unusual.

We ate there once. It was a nice experience, but not something we would want to do on every visit to WDW. We are happier eating at CA Grill each year for less money. V&A is nice for a special event, and we will probably return someday. princess: pirate: :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter