Anyone else waiting for April 2014 discounts?

lindanj

Mouseketeer
We are booked at AoA 4/12-4/18. Right now paying full rack rate and full price QSDP. I am hoping for some type of discount being offered. I highly doubt FD, but would be satisfied with S/P/D. I did get a PIN for 25% off Value, but it ended on 4/12, so we were only able to get a discount on 1 night. It's killing me to pay (almost) full price, except for the $122.00 discount for the pin. But since I am a teacher and my spring break and my kids spring breaks are that week, we have no choice. Does anyone think there is any hope for any kind of a discount for that time period?

Linda

Meeeeee!!!!! :cheer2:

Going down for my 40th Birthday, 4/19! We will be there Easter weekend, so I'm not getting my hopes up for a discount ... a discount would be the cherry on top though!!! :thumbsup2

We are booked at AoA 4/12-4/18. Right now paying full rack rate and full price QSDP. I am hoping for some type of discount being offered. I highly doubt FD, but would be satisfied with S/P/D. I did get a PIN for 25% off Value, but it ended on 4/12, so we were only able to get a discount on 1 night. It's killing me to pay (almost) full price, except for the $122.00 discount for the pin. But since I am a teacher and my spring break and my kids spring breaks are that week, we have no choice. Does anyone think there is any hope for any kind of a discount for that time period?

Linda

The s/p/d pin code went until 4/12 so if the public dates are the same (who knows?) then you would be able to get that.

How many people are you guys? if a s/p/d did come out and you are 5 or less people, you could stay at POR, get the DDP and be a lot cheaper than the suite

We are at the POR this year because its only a bit more than the value suite with the DDP included with the s/p/d. I am only mentioning it because it took me a while before i realized that we could upgrade out of value. I had never looked at anything but value before.

Hoping for a RO discount. Right now I have 1 night booked at POP before our cruise and 2 nights after our cruise at POR. I have AAA discount on the room after our cruise (10% off) but nothing for the one before our cruise (no AAA discount since it is holiday season). Would be awesome if I could get a bigger discount!

We are going 4-3/4-11 or 12, depending on discounts. I am praying for something great. We usually get a pin code and I have not yet booked so I am hoping something comes along soon. All this waiting is for the birds!!

I'm hoping for a RO discount too! Going 4/4-4/8 for my 30th birthday on 4/5. Booked at YC right now and impatiently waiting for something to cut down the rack rate!

I got THREE emails from Disney today but none from Disney Destinations. So sad!

Linda

I am hoping for this too, but I don't think Disney likes to give out discount codes for the insanely busy times (when you're going AKA Easter). That is the only time I can go as well. That's why I fear the pin ends 4/12 (I received it too). I mean, it is the second busiest/most expensive time to go besides Christmas and I know Christmas is always blacked out, so I feel like this would be the same! :( What about a AAA discount? Maybe you can try that.

The s/p/d pin code went until 4/12 so if the public dates are the same (who knows?) then you would be able to get that.

How many people are you guys? if a s/p/d did come out and you are 5 or less people, you could stay at POR, get the DDP and be a lot cheaper than the suite

We are at the POR this year because its only a bit more than the value suite with the DDP included with the s/p/d. I am only mentioning it because it took me a while before i realized that we could upgrade out of value. I had never looked at anything but value before.

We are a family of 6, so we are limited to AoA or ASMu. But thank you for reminding me of the S/P/D code that went out. I think that even if I am only checking in on 4/12, i can apply S/P/D to my whole stay. Heres hoping!! I know that sometimes they blackout AoA LM, but hoping they don't do that to the suites.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for any kind of discount - free dining or RO!

We are going April 26-May 4!

We're looking at the week after Easter...April 21-27 2014 (our DS's birthday is April 26) as the kids' break is always the week after Easter.

We went this year the week after Easter for the first time. It was a little crazy...okay, very crazy :crowded: - especially early in the week and then got better as the week went on. But with Easter about 3 weeks later next year, it should be a little better.

This year, they offered RO discounts starting on the Tuesday after Easter, so we arrived on that day since we booked only about 2 months in advance and after the discounts were already announced. We're likely going to be booking much further out this time - probably in September or October. So looks like we'll have to initially book at rack rates and hope a discount gets announced later. And if they come out with the same as this year where it starts on Tuesday, and we've already committed to arriving Monday (with our flight down), we may have to do seperate reservations - one day at rack and then the rest of the days w/ discount.

The post about the week before easter has me nervous, that's when we are going lol Is it worse crowd wise than the middle of july?

Going for a short Land trip before our cruise....hoping for a great rate for April 24-27th!!

Our spring break is the week after Easter. Hoping for a discount.
Any rumors on possible discounts for the post-Easter / pre-summer time frame? Would love Free Dining, but don't think that's very likely. Anyone think they'll extend or reissue SPD for the after Easter time??

Our spring break is the week after Easter. Hoping for a discount.
Any rumors on possible discounts for the post-Easter / pre-summer time frame? Would love Free Dining, but don't think that's very likely. Anyone think they'll extend or reissue SPD for the after Easter time??

We are going the same week. I think we'll have to wait until after the new year for a general public discount offer for that week. The current offer that just came out expires 12/31. So maybe shortly after that. There are reports of PINs going out right now that covers that week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter