Anyone else waiting for April 2014 discounts?

We are going hopefully 4/18-4/26 but would have made the trip longer and even checked in on 4/12 if it meant I got a discount!! Was hoping a deal came out yesterday but now I guess we have to wait and see!!

We are going 4/24-5/2 and I did receive 2 pins so far , the RO pin did cover my dates very happy to see my total go down :)
Still have my eyes open for FD that helps me the most!
Keep logging into Disney website and checking email, pins for March and April are out there :)

Planning a short trip the last week in April. Hoping for a good discount so I don't have to stay off site.

I'm waiting for 4/29-5/3 .. I haven't seen any yet and I got a pin for early April. Can't pull that off. Thanks Disney for giving me the wrong dates lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are going 23-29th April for the cheerleading and dance world championships.
We were there at the same time in 2012, the allstar resorts were crazy busy but the parks weren't to bad, worried it may be even busier with Easter the week before!

April 20th is Easter. Thats like the 3rd busiest time of year after Christmas & Thanksgiving. We are DVC and our points cost that week are at the highest rate but like many the 3rd week in April is our yearly school vacation so we are kind of stuck. I would not hold my breath for much of a discount the week before and the week after Easter. Probably starting around April 25th I would imagine something will be available.

Finally joined this site after lurking FOREVER just so I can follow this thread. We booked and paid for our dream vacation for Jan. 13th-19th (married 10 years and always wanted to take a trip between DH's birthday on 1/9 and mine on 1/16 - the marathon messed up the dates slightly but this is finally our year!).

Go figure, two weeks after we made the final payment, my sister booked her Disney wedding. ;) She's been engaged forever but the date was a bit of a surprise.

Her wedding is April 28th. We debated moving our trip but we'd planned it and dreamed of it for so long...so now we're anxiously awaiting/shamelessly begging for a late April deal. Maybe a bounceback if we're really lucky?

Otherwise I will be flying down alone, crashing on my parents' hotel floor on the 27th, and flying back on a red-eye on the 28th. Mickey would never make me do such things, right? ;)

April 20th is Easter. Thats like the 3rd busiest time of year after Christmas & Thanksgiving. We are DVC and our points cost that week are at the highest rate but like many the 3rd week in April is our yearly school vacation so we are kind of stuck. I would not hold my breath for much of a discount the week before and the week after Easter. Probably starting around April 25th I would imagine something will be available.

I finally broke down and sent an email to guest communications. I'm sure it won't get me anywhere, but I'm just trying to understand and plan an Easter 2014 trip. We go to WDW at Easter almost every year, so I'm well aware of the deals offered (or lack thereof) and also very aware of the rooms left empty. Yes, the parks are indeed busy, especially MK, but the resorts we stay at are often only half full. The last 2 years we've stayed at BC and WL. Both upgraded us due to lots of empty rooms. I think the majority of the Easter crowds are off-site or staying at values/moderates.

Thinking about going ahead and booking the RO discount for March 30-April 4 before it expires and hoping something better drops between now and then My anniversary is April 1 so looking to do something special this year. We are already booked for Thanksgiving week in 2014 so we need all the discounts we can get. lol

Hi All,
Like all of you we are waiting for discounts to come out- we are travelling from April 15th-23rd.

Here is my question....If by chance they release a Stay Play and Dine for some portion of my trip (Eg- if the Play Stay and Dine starts on April 21st) will this package discount apply to my entire stay? or just to the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd?

thanks in advance for any replies :)

We are looking at April 6-11 and have Pop booked using the Winter Room Discount. Is that probably the best we can hope for? I see it is listed at 6 crowd level that week on EasyWDW. Are there any events that would cause it to be more crowded than the last week which is listed at 4's mostly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter