• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any success with this?

ladyelizabeth

Mouseketeer
Hello fellow DVC members!

I have a quick question. I'll be visiting with some family this coming December, but I'll be solo-ing at the beginning. Right now I have a studio booked at Saratoga Springs for when I'm solo, but then a 2 bedroom lock-off for when the rest of the fam joins. Has anyone had success in just having the studio be part of the lock-off? Would I just call Member Services to ask them to link the reservations? Does this make sense?

Thanks friends!

That's an interesting question, I don't know the answer. You could always ask. Since 1 bedrooms are the easiest to book, and it saves them an extra cleaning, it would be beneficial for them to link it if it's possible.

Some have but some haven't. All you can do is ask MS to note that on your reservations and that you'd like to keep the studio as part of the lockoff if possible. They can't actually link but they'd place the note on both reservations.

We started w/ a 1 br. reservation followed by a lock-off 2 br. at AKV Jambo 3 or so years ago. We asked on arrival & on check out/in day whether we were just adding the studio attached to our 1 br. - explaining that if so they didn’t need to clean our 1 br. & we’d prefer not to have to schlep our luggage down & back. They led us to believe we were moving, so we dutifully decamped from our 1 br. and stowed our luggage w/ bell services. Guess where we ended up, yep right back in our original 1 br. + the next door studio - lol.

Yes, we did it at OKW several years ago. You just need to be blocked into the two bedroom villa when the family arrives and when you arrive. You need to have a note added to the studio that you would like to stay in the studio and it be connected to a one bedroom to book as a two bedroom upon arrival. We wanted a one bedroom for the start of our stay and a two bedroom at the end of our stay when friends were joining us. When you check in, see if the studio will be part of your two bedroom. You'll need to go to the front desk instead of right to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter