Any podcast guest that makes you groan?

I think the point of the thread wasn't so much about differing opinions as it was about a personal insult about a persons voice irritating them, which is probably not necessary as a thread topic

I will say ... every time I find myself not quite liking a member of the team, they manage to do or say something that changes my mind. I can never manage to dislike anyone for more than a short period of time.
Except Craig. I will hate Craig forever. Stupid Sidney Crosby. I hate Pens fans.

If we're talking about what we love about the team...
Pete: I love his passion for his team and everything he's created. And his passion for Disney. And even though I don't always agree with his rants, I love that he's passionate about these topics.
John: He's hysterical. I don't think anything more needs to be said. Johnny with the news is a highlight of every show.
Kevin: He stands up for his opinions and his passions despite ridiculous criticism.
Teresa: Sarcasm, sarcasm, and more sarcasm. Her humor combined with her knowledge makes for a great perspective.
Corey: He's just happy to be here!
Julie: Her Mr. Toad obsession. That's an excellent attraction to be obsessed with.
Kathy: Her balanced POV - she clearly loves seeing the good in Disney, but she's also not afraid to call them out when necessary
Jackie: Smiles, pixie dust, and her willingness to see the good in everything! It's a great contrast to the negativity that we can all feel sometimes.
JL: Her unique perspective, both as a single mother and her special diet. Also, the fact that she can be the adult supervision that Cryno needs sometimes, but she can also keep up with them.
Ryno: He's just so darn entertaining. And I love that he went to Universal in the olden days, which nobody else on the Universal show had (pre-Oliver). And I love that I see so much of myself in him, even though he makes it work so much better than I ever could. Oh, and his rant on DIS POP was awesome, even though I didn't necessarily agree with everything he said.
Craig: I love his sarcasm. And the fact that even though he claims to hate everyone and everything, you can tell that there are some things he truly loves. Plus, since I just went back and watched the 2015 shows from the beginning, I saw the progression of his relationship with Ryno, and how patient he was with Ryno when he was first learning the equipment.
Oliver: I love that they brought in an international perspective! And his sense of humor. Plus, he's an old-school Universal guy, which means another person talking about the things I remember!

And for good measure...
Steve: His ability to give us a ton of information in an interesting way, and to create a well-reasoned argument in mid-podcast. Also ... his dancing. #VoodooStickyPigWings forever.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone (or forgetting something about the people I've already listed), but this is a start.
Also, I've only heard a few episodes of the DL show, but they're all pretty cool.

Why would you want to have someone that tries to entertain you every week hear such negative ridiculousness?

I'm sure the suspense won't kill you, but it could hurt someone.

Please don't encourage this stuff.

It's kinda mean.

um, I was kinda jokingly asking, since the OP bothered to make the thread in the first place, so he was baiting others to answer themselves rather than telling his own.

Haha, I know he ain't a Scott!
Ha I'm glad whenever I visit Orlando it's my pet hate where in everyone is like omg you're English. Followed swiftly by the exclamation "oh you're Scottish me too!" They never are haha!
I'm going to go out on a limb here and speak on behalf of Tonyz and say I'm 99.9% sure he was being facetious and knows he's a Brit.
Ah cool. However Scotland is part of Britain (as is Wales) so that statement doesn't really help ;) us poor Scots always getting forgotten and the Welsh even more!

Ha I'm glad whenever I visit Orlando it's my pet hate where in everyone is like omg you're English. Followed swiftly by the exclamation "oh you're Scottish me too!" They never are haha!
Ah cool. However Scotland is part of Britain (as is Wales) so that statement doesn't really help ;) us poor Scots always getting forgotten and the Welsh even more!
Isn't Northern Ireland part of the U.K. also?
I'll admit, I'm terrible at understanding Scottish accents.
A friend of mine's nan was Scottish and one Christmas Eve we were eating dinner and she asked me a question that I thought was "can you pass me some bread" (after the 2nd or 3rd time I said "pardon?") so I passed her the bread basket, and she repeated herself again (angrily) and I was helpless until my friend came over and said she was asking me to butter her a piece of bread.
I've never sweated so much in my life :(

Well I'm Australian and we were asked if we were:
A. New Zealanders
Or
B. English

We sound like neither.

Isn't Northern Ireland part of the U.K. also?
I'll admit, I'm terrible at understanding Scottish accents.
A friend of mine's nan was Scottish and one Christmas Eve we were eating dinner and she asked me a question that I thought was "can you pass me some bread" (after the 2nd or 3rd time I said "pardon?") so I passed her the bread basket, and she repeated herself again (angrily) and I was helpless until my friend came over and said she was asking me to butter her a piece of bread.
I've never sweated so much in my life :(

Well I'm Australian and we were asked if we were:
A. New Zealanders
Or
B. English

We sound like neither.
Ha it's part of the UK but not Britain. Great Britain is the land mass and UK is the kingdom :)

Ha there are so many Scottish accents that's fair my boyfriends mum's family is from the tippy top of Scotland and I have no idea what they're saying I just smile.

I get you, my boyfriend is a kiwi (or grew up there at least) and he gets it a lot too!

[QUOTE="lisakramer, post: 55671151, member: 367419]
Edited to add:
It was a topic of discussion at work the other day; voices that bother people. I was curious to know if other people have issues with certain tones or types of voices. Being on tv, radio or podcasts I always assumed had to do with having a certain type of voice. But I'm beginning to think that isn't the case or maybe I just have strangely sensitive hearing.
I apologize that I didn't spell out my question well enough.
I love all 3 of the podcasts and miss The Trip greatly as JL, Tess and Craig were a great combo.[/QUOTE]

I think the point of the thread wasn't so much about differing opinions as it was about a personal insult about a persons voice irritating them, which is probably not necessary as a thread topic
If you're right, that's really a daggone shame, since the tone of one's voice is not something they can change, even if they want to. So that can definitely hurt somebody's feelings. :(

The Universal Crowd... Craig, JL, and Ryno and now Oliver...... Love love love this show! Craig has the same sense of humor I do, so It's amazing.... and Ryno... I just want him to be my best friend because he always makes me smile!

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I have to say there is one person whose voice just rubs me the wrong way.
Does anyone else have someone that makes you groan when you hear their voice?
Edited to add:
It was a topic of discussion at work the other day; voices that bother people. I was curious to know if other people have issues with certain tones or types of voices. Being on tv, radio or podcasts I always assumed had to do with having a certain type of voice. But I'm beginning to think that isn't the case or maybe I just have strangely sensitive hearing.
I apologize that I didn't spell out my question well enough.
I love all 3 of the podcasts and miss The Trip greatly as JL, Tess and Craig were a great combo.

I appreciate your attempt to walk this back, but your point was very clear with your opening statement...

"I know I'll get flamed for this, but I have to say there is one person whose voice just rubs me the wrong way.
Does anyone else have someone that makes you groan when you hear their voice?"

No one would flame you for having an auditory issue and I'm guessing you know that.

I would offer you the same advice I offered before. If any of us rub you the wrong way or make you groan, turn us off and go do something nice for someone else.

Your post had the potential to hurt someone or several people. Luckily, other people derailed this unsavory conversation.

I wonder if the OP understands that it isn't easy to put yourself out there in the way our DIS Unplugged podcasters do. These people are regular people like you and me with feelings, hesitations and insecurities. They are brave enough to put themselves on display for us, to satisfy our informational and entertainment needs. Not everyone has the guts to do that. Sure, you can argue that they don't HAVE to do that but aren't you glad they do? Imagine a world without the DIS Unplugged Podcast lol I've only been following the podcast for the last couple of months but it has definitely made my life a lot more fun. I don't find anyone irritating. I have been binge watching all of their content in my free time and it has been a real pleasure getting to know everyone little by little. All of their personalities have found their way into my heart and even though we don't know each other in real life I can't help but think of them as friends (in my mind).

If you find someone's voice irritating... ok. What do you expect them to do about it? It's their voice and it ain't gonna be changing (they are all wayyyyy over puberty :joker:).

So your options are:

1) fast fwd the voice that irritates you
2) mute the voice that irritates you
3) sing over the voice that irritates you
4) stop watching the podcast altogether
5) continue to watch the podcast, open your mind (and ears) to voices you're not comfortable with, grow as a person because of it (becoming more tolerant of things that irritate you) and enjoy being a part of the DIS community.

I recommend option 5 but it's totally up to you.

To the podcasters: Thank you for all of the work you put into the podcasts and this site. Thank you for being yourselves and know that you have more fans than you have detractors. Keep doing what you do! :smickey:

Sarah has the post of the thread so far. Great analysis of everyone. There's basically not a single person that I don't like on the show.

I give the credit to Pete for assembling this incredible ensemble of character. Not an episode goes by where I don't laugh out loud or hear an interesting take on what's going on. I just wish we could get more people per episode.

Amen, Noubaguy - VERY well stated! You too Sarah! And Tony!! And Cindy!! And, and, and....okay - I love and agree with all that are keeping positive, and giving our awesome Team well-deserved support, love, and kudos!! :) :disrocks:

I give the credit to Pete for assembling this incredible ensemble of character. Not an episode goes by where I don't laugh out loud or hear an interesting take on what's going on. I just wish we could get more people per episode.

Yes!
Pete really has the most amazing talent for personnel. He has put together a team of incredible people that do so much and never fail to inform and entertain us every week. I'm really grateful to Pete for bringing these people together and giving them (and himself, of course) a platform to express themselves! There are plenty of people out there who do solo podcasts, and I think that Pete's decision to use a team, create this roundtable format, and bring in some amazing talent is what really sets DIS Unplugged apart from many other podcasts.

I appreciate your attempt to walk this back, but your point was very clear with your opening statement...

Your post had the potential to hurt someone or several people. Luckily, other people derailed this unsavory conversation.

We derail with the best of them. Now if Kevin will drop this silly restraining order I can finally get a hug (I guess a handshake will work too) in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter