Any New Info about the Disney Treasure?

I'm not a jogger, so I didn't miss the track for that purpose. But something I've reflected on after our Wish cruise: I think this was the most "inside" cruise I've ever gone on. We did excursions on Nassau & Castaway, but our time on the boat was almost entirely indoors. I'm not sure if the pools were somehow less appealing, or if we didn't choose to walk outdoors as much, but my experience was much more "floating hotel" than it was "cruise ship".
Thinking I was indoors more too, but I with Lupus I do try to stay protected too. I didn’t do my back-2-back for ports and all activities I wanted to do are usually indoors. Minus adult pool which I used in early afternoon on Castaway Day

The Wish really isn't popular at all with people who have cruised with Disney before. Its a huge draw for newbies. Yes its gorgeous but there are a lot of complaints about it. Not just a couple things. Its a pretty common consensus for returning cruisers that its not a bad ship at all but its not as great as the others. I did a poll here a few months ago which showed that. Its discussed all the time in FB groups, etc.

The Wish isn't a failure for a ship but generally we expect each ship to be better and better. That's just not what happened. If you ask many of the cruisers who went on the Dream and had been on multiple other ships before they rarely say the Wish is their favorite.

Again, not a bad ship just not up to par with the rest of the fleet in terms of customer expectation.

We have done 26 on DCL and the Wish is by far our favorite. I only would like a larger theater on the Wish and some minor changes and for the longer sailings that hopefully Treasure takes care of. Very excited to sail the Treasure on a 7-night hard to go back to Fantasy after the Wish.

I would love to see the Fantasy and Dream drydocked and see Concierge lounge/sun deck reconfigured with ocean views and for the ship spaces like "The Tube", Skyline, Irish pub, etc to be re-themed like how the Wish did so well using Disney theming (HyperSpace, Hooks, Tangled Salon,etc). Was a lost opportunity not incorporating Disney theming in these spaces on this previous ships.

We have done 26 on DCL and the Wish is by far our favorite. I only would like a larger theater on the Wish and some minor changes and for the longer sailings that hopefully Treasure takes care of. Very excited to sail the Treasure on a 7-night hard to go back to Fantasy after the Wish.

I would love to see the Fantasy and Dream drydocked and see Concierge lounge/sun deck reconfigured with ocean views and for the ship spaces like "The Tube", Skyline, Irish pub, etc to be re-themed like how the Wish did so well using Disney theming (HyperSpace, Hooks, Tangled Salon,etc). Was a lost opportunity not incorporating Disney theming in these spaces on this previous ships.
Its great that you love it! I'm glad! I was more so speaking to the majority of opinions. Everyone likes different things and IMO there is a ship for everyone! Personally, I'm trying to check them all out eventually <3

Its great that you love it! I'm glad! I was more so speaking to the majority of opinions. Everyone likes different things and IMO there is a ship for everyone! Personally, I'm trying to check them all out eventually <3
I don't think that you can know a majority of opinions. Someone who is dissatisfied with something is more likely to post about it than someone who is satisfied. In addition, the group of people posting here (and on Facebook) is a very small slice of the overall customer base for Disney cruises and we're probably not a representative sample.

I don't think that you can know a majority of opinions. Someone who is dissatisfied with something is more likely to post about it than someone who is satisfied. In addition, the group of people posting here (and on Facebook) is a very small slice of the overall customer base for Disney cruises and we're probably not a representative sample.
Not really the majority of the reviews of the Fantasy are positive. If you look at cruise critic Fantasy has a 4.3 average and Wish a 3.1. That seems pretty accurate. When a review hotels on trip advisor there are plenty of positive reviews I'm not sure your theory is accurate.

As I said in my previous post. Majority of responses I have seen posted here and in multiple FB groups. I had a thread a while back asking opinions on everyones favorite ship. I was shocked that zero people (maybe 1 later on) voted for the Wish. My original assumption was that it was going to take the cake.

Regardless. My comment still stands based on what I said in my original response.

As I said in my previous post. Majority of responses I have seen posted here and in multiple FB groups. I had a thread a while back asking opinions on everyones favorite ship. I was shocked that zero people (maybe 1 later on) voted for the Wish. My original assumption was that it was going to take the cake.

Regardless. My comment still stands based on what I said in my original response.
What you have read about the Wish is spot on. It's definitely my least favorite Disney ship for all the reasons that have been mentioned. I would say try it for yourself. You may end up being one of the few that think it's the best Disney ship.

Why do you want Disney theming at every venue? I think it's better without all the Disney Theming you see on the Wish. I like how the older ships used Disney theming in subtle ways.

Why do you want Disney theming at every venue? I think it's better without all the Disney Theming you see on the Wish. I like how the older ships used Disney theming in subtle ways.

Absolutely agree with this. My description of Wish to a friend was it was like Cinderella threw up all over it. Some theming is great but IMO Wish is way too much.

I love Disney and I still don’t want Disney IP at every venue. I don’t mind the subtle things, like French Quarter Lounge, but I also don’t want everything to be DISNEY IN YOUR FACE.

I love Disney and I still don’t want Disney IP at every venue. I don’t mind the subtle things, like French Quarter Lounge, but I also don’t want everything to be DISNEY IN YOUR FACE.
I agree. I love Disney too but if I want it all in my face I will go to Disney World or Land. I don’t mind some venues based on Disney. I love Animator’s and really like Tiana’s restaurant. But I also enjoy going to the adult venues where its not Disney Themed.

What makes the cruises “Disney” is the attention to detail and customer service.

What you have read about the Wish is spot on. It's definitely my least favorite Disney ship for all the reasons that have been mentioned. I would say try it for yourself. You may end up being one of the few that think it's the best Disney ship.
I will eventually get around to trying it. We were booked on it for a short 3 night right after Thanksgiving but then we found a 5 night on the Dream for the SAME EXACT PRICE and same week. So we cancelled and booked the longer cruise LOL! My desire for extra nights most certainly trumps me trying to check it out LOL!

I am sure she's lovely but after seeing the reviews I'm just not in a rush. I'd rather check off the old ships that will eventually retire before I get to her.

I will eventually get around to trying it. We were booked on it for a short 3 night right after Thanksgiving but then we found a 5 night on the Dream for the SAME EXACT PRICE and same week. So we cancelled and booked the longer cruise LOL! My desire for extra nights most certainly trumps me trying to check it out LOL!

I am sure she's lovely but after seeing the reviews I'm just not in a rush. I'd rather check off the old ships that will eventually retire before I get to her.
I think that's a wise choice. Prices will eventually come down too.

Because my family loves it! Because it’s like being part of IP, which is why we love Disney. Also cause the broadway shows and menus get repeated on all the ships, so different is good. I also can’t wait for the Treasure and more new dinning.

Because my family loves it! Because it’s like being part of IP, which is why we love Disney. Also cause the broadway shows and menus get repeated on all the ships, so different is good. I also can’t wait for the Treasure and more new dinning.
I agree with that menus should be different across the ships, but that doesn’t mean the venues have to be based off movies. Or if they are then something like Royal Court is what I prefer. It’s based off Cinderella but it’s not overly done.

So I agree different is good. I just wish the Disney theming was more subtle like Royal Court.

Then I really wish Disney would update Menus. I have been sailing since 2014 and I don’t think any menus have changed much at all.

Cos its disney. Thats the whole point of going despite the ridiculous cost, terrible ports and lack of adult activities. Without the theming it would be a terrible experience,

Cos its disney. Thats the whole point of going despite the ridiculous cost, terrible ports and lack of adult activities. Without the theming it would be a terrible experience,
This is a terrible take.

Have you been on the Fantasy? Outside of Animators Palate and Oceaneers club/lab what venues are screaming Disney?

I like the Disney theming but subtle ways. I’m not a fan of the Marvel restaurant on the Wish or Hyperspace lounge.

An example of Disney theming I love is Royal Court. It’s based on Cinderella but it’s very subtle and it just looks like a nice restaurant.

Last edited:
This is a terrible take.

Have you been on the Fantasy? Outside of Animators Palate and Oceaneers club/lab what venues are screaming Disney?

I like the Disney theming but subtle ways. I’m not a fan of the Marvel restaurant on the Wish or that every Bar is based on a movie.

An example of Disney theming I love is Royal Court. It’s based on Cinderella but it’s very subtle and it just looks like a nice restaurant.
I thought nightingales on the Wish was tasteful… and so handy to get to!

This is a terrible take.

Have you just walked around the ship? Just look at all the Disney accents that you'll find everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter