antenna toppers

cookies

Mouseketeer
How fast can you drive without a antenna topper flying off? We purchased some last week and I'm worried it will fly off or bend my antenna.

No flaming please but I drive Georgia 400 everyday and the interstate once a month and sometimes I drive 80-85 mph. (Yes I know it's too fast but I really do just move along with the traffic.) I have the skull for POTC and it is still on and my antennae is just fine. Every once in a while, I push it back down just to make sure that it is all the way on.

I go 70mph in my Chrysler Town & Country.
My Stars & Stripes Mickey has been on for about 6 months.
I never even push it down like the above poster mentioned, & it's just fine!

The only time we had one go missing was when someone stole it. It was on the car when we parked it and it was missing when we came out of the store. :sad2:

Other than that dh drives over 100 miles freeway driving 75mph at times, 3-4x a week, and has never lost one while driving.

I don't think you need to worry about it!

Me too!! I regularly go 80 on the highway, in the Florida heat, and my antenna is still standing proud with it's princess Minnie head!
The only time I lost one, was when it was stolen. :confused3

Mine has never come off.... I was worried about someone stealing my Animal from the Muppet Show one tho, but he is still there. It is hilarious to catch a glimpse of him with his wild pink hair blowing back in the wind while cruising down the highway.:lmao:

DH had one last 2 years without budging. Then a branch from a tree snagged it :sad1: We never did find it, though we did try. He got a new one last week, though:thumbsup2

I've had them stolen, but they have never run away on their own. As for the antenna bending, I think it depends on the antenna. We just got a new car and I took my pirate off because the antenna was leaning so far back with it on. It didnt bend though.

I have had the same Mickey head on my antenna for the last three years and have never lost it. It is a little fadded since I live in New York and it is exposed to snow sleet ice heat etc. You should be fine and enjoy it for many years:thumbsup2

Like the others have posted, the toppers seem to have no problem with speed, at least to the 80-85 mph range. The only real major problem I have had with an antenna topper was with a bird!! Several years ago I had a Tigger antenna topper (Tigger is my hero!), and never had any problems with it coming off. That is until on evening my wife and I were driving along the highway at about 75 mph when a bird decided to fly low across the highway. The only thing he hit was my Tigger antenna topper. Knocked Tigger right off the top of my antenna!! We could not believe what had happened. It happened so quickly that there was no time to swerve to save either Tigger or the bird.

Does anyone know if Disney ever going to make an antenna topper for the thicker antenna?

Have you tried putting the regular ones on it? I don't have a radio antenna, I put mine on the ONstar antenna, which is very thick, and it works fine. It's been there for years, and the ONstar still works.

Ours have always stayed put through any speed. Did lose one once in a car wash, though.

That's the only time my Eeyore topper has ever come off! I hopped out when the wash was done and saved him though!

Take your TOPPER OFF before going through the car wash.

:wave2:

I FOUND a Nemo topper outside a car wash once...it looked pretty new & I couldn't understand why it was just lying there....now I know!

We have had our princess topper for 2 years through heat and snow in Utah and she's still there. My kids have the job of taking her off when we go through the car wash. Good thing I haven't lost it, I don't think I could find my car without it! :confused3

Funny car wash story.

Picture this. My town, 1990. Me and my best bud are sitting my my teensy black SR5, with my sunroof open, on a hot summer's night, waiting in line at the local car wash. While chatting away about the plans for the evening, and listening to some tunes, we both notice that the back door to the car wash didn't close like usual, after shrugging, we continue our conversation only to hear a funky *BOING* sound, followed by a wet *PLOP* between our seats. Yes... the antenea ball had been swept off and flew right into my car! We laughed hysterically and I waited in line for the owner to pull around and look for it. She could stop laughing herself when we told her what happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter