another Washington DC question

disneymom04

Mouseketeer
So... I have all read all the thread and done a ton of research, but I still feel a little confused. We are thinking of the Embassy Suites in Vienna, VA. Can anyone give comments or suggestions. It is only $105 a night with AAA. Is Vienna a good area to be? Close to the museums, etc.?
Thanks in advance.
Jean

This hotel is in Tysons Corner, a suburban retail and business corridor in Northern VA. It's a lovely hotel, but far from either the metro (subway) or downtown DC. You would need to drive into the city -- about 20 minutes - and find parking, which can be ugly.

I would suggest something much closer. Try for Arlington, VA maybe in the area of Rosslyn or even Crystal City, near a metro station. You'll be much happier and walking than competing with the bazillion other tourists who are also trying to park here!

I agree with everything stated above, except that the drive will likely take you way more than 20 minutes depending on the time of day (not to mention as a tourist you won't really know where you are going, what is most direct, etc.).

You could also add Alexandria or Bethesda to your search and will likely get some reasonably priced hotels that way too.

there's a suite hotel in alexandria - when we went it was a sheraton suites - and may still be - one of the nicest suites - lots of windows - and they drove you to the metro - and picked you up on a schedule -

I am pretty sure that there is an Embassy Suites in Alexandria quite near the Alexandria Metro stop. It's much better to stay near the Metro - walking and riding the Metro are FAR better than trying to drive. It's a total headache.

I am pretty sure that there is an Embassy Suites in Alexandria quite near the Alexandria Metro stop. It's much better to stay near the Metro - walking and riding the Metro are FAR better than trying to drive. It's a total headache.

Embassy Suites Old Town Alexandria, directly across the street from a metro station....this is where I stay when I have to go to DC (which is often);)

aaaaaaaand.... Alexandria is beautiful and a great area to walk around in

I would totally agree with other posters about Alexandria, VA. It is a really pretty city with a Metro stop. Make sure to visit Old Town Alexandria. There is some really nice shopping and dining there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter