• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another waiting for Southwest thread!

haley's mom said:
Has anyone called Southwest lately?

Yes,

The operator said that traditionally, the first week of June are when the new schedule comes out.

take it as it is. :confused3

I gave up on SW and booked flights on AirTran. I was just getting worried that if I had to book new resort dates in August (after the June 4th cut off), to accomodate an odd date for a Ding fare, I might be blocked from the free dining, and that is one of the main reasons we're heading down at this time of year. $69 each on way on AirTran is still pretty good.

cvs2kids said:
Yes,

The operator said that traditionally, the first week of June are when the new schedule comes out.

that is funny since when I called they told me they did not know and thought that it should have already happened.... :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

cvs2kids said:
Yes,

Nope - not in the last 3 years:

Recent schedule extension history:
Mar 13/03 - open to Sep 8/03
May 14/03 - open to Oct 24/03
June 26/03 - open to Dec 13/03
July 24/03 - open to Jan 16/04
Sep 19/03 - open to Mar 6/04
Oct 16/03 - open to April 2/04
Dec 11/03 - open to May 8/04
Jan 13/04 - open to Jun 11/04
Feb 13/04 - open to Aug 7/04
Mar 25/04 - open to Sep 13/04
May 5/04 - open to Oct 29/04
July 15/04 - open to Dec 11/04
July 29/04 - open to Jan 14/05
Sept 23/04 - open to Mar 3/05
Oct 22/04 - open to April 1/05
Dec 9/04 – open to Jun 6/05
Feb 18/05 – open to Aug 3/05
Mar 17/05 – open to Sept 12/05
May 12/05 - open to Oct 28/05
July 15/05 - open to Dec 12/05
Aug 18/05 - open to Jan 9/06
Sept 26/05 - open to Feb 3/06 horizon shrink likely due to MSY replanning
Oct 27/05 - open to Mar 31/06
Dec 20/05 - open to Jun 9/06
Feb 23/06 - open to Aug 3/06
Mar 06 - open to Sep 12/06

Southwest schedule open thru October 27 2006 :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Or at least it will be soon... My Urly warning shows it is changed, but it isn't changed at southwest.com :badpc:

holy expensive!

I just got back flying SWA roundtrip from PVD to MCO for $106 in April and now it's $206 - $260 roundtrip for September! YIKES! So glad I got them when I did.
Thanks GUYS! You are MUCH Faster than flyertalk!

Thanks, flights out of Philly aren't too bad. In fact if I was not flying on a friday I could have gotten $79 each way same price as normal. The friday night flight did not offer the internet special but the next step up and I was able to get the perfect times. Still hoping for a sale...

Time to pick the next extension. ;) I'm going with July 13th, give or take a day. :)

We're booked also..........had to take a later flight than I wanted on 10/14 in order to get the lowest fare, but, hopefully there will be a sale or a Ding later on and I'll be able to change that. I got the flight I wanted for 10/20.
I do hope we see a sale, though........I've gotten spoiled by those $59 ow fares!!!

I'm in! Whew! The internet fares were already sold out at 11:30 am for our Sunday return home, but I was flying with RR tickets, anyway.

Long Island MacArthur - Islip to MCO $261 round-trip. Three years ago I got $100 round trip!
Oh, well. At least I can have a leisurely morning before driving ten minutes over to the airport, versus an hour :moped: in Kennedy traffic using JetBlue.
Hey, everything's going up. Maybe I'll get a Ding! :rolleyes:

Anyone else book ASAP from Islip? I went to get a blood test this morning a little before nine and I missed the opening of the schedule by an hour. I got $99 going down, but $143 coming back up on 10/8. The $99 return trip was unavailable. I can't believe one hour made such a difference

I already booked with Airtran through the disney special paying 705 dollars roundtrip for the 4 of us. Today I go on Southwest's website and voila'- nonstop flight out of buffalo for 702.80- shucks. I received my air tickets from Disney yesterday in the mail and a little note is attached to each ticket- "nonrefundable ticket". I am mad right about now- but what can a person do?? I didn't expect Southwest to be any cheaper than it has been. Oh well- tough break I guess.......

Corryn said:
Long Island MacArthur - Islip to MCO $261 round-trip. Three years ago I got $100 round trip!
Oh, well. At least I can have a leisurely morning before driving ten minutes over to the airport, versus an hour :moped: in Kennedy traffic using JetBlue.
Hey, everything's going up. Maybe I'll get a Ding! :rolleyes:

Anyone else book ASAP from Islip? I went to get a blood test this morning a little before nine and I missed the opening of the schedule by an hour. I got $99 going down, but $143 coming back up on 10/8. The $99 return trip was unavailable. I can't believe one hour made such a difference

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that SWA doesn't always make all fare types available.

I'm Booked!

Pittsburgh to Orlando and back for 4 of us,,,$708.48!

I'm happy with the price, $200.00 cheaper than Air Tran and UsAirways plus SW is non-stop both ways.

But....for some reason there is no 6:30pm flight back on September 30. Anyone know why? I called SW and she said people fly less on Saturdays. HUH? :confused3 I don't think so. But anyway we have to return at 1:10pm . I guess I shouldn't be too broken up, we'll be there 10 nights. I feel much better that we have our air now! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter