Another waiting for Southwest thread!

I did call earlier and now am on hold again. No one seems to know why. I have 2 RT sets of flights I am trying to get adjusted as one leg on each set has the $104 fare. I've always been able to do this in the past. Now they are saying you have to change both ways. Well..............the lower fare is available both ways. This stinks

O.K. I have another question. If I do go to change selected trips then my flights aren't there that I need can I cancel changes. I don't want to have to pick a different flight or a more expensive one. I would assume theres a button to push to make the changes final. I'm worried about trying it then something happening to mess it up. LOL.

2boyshere said:
I did call earlier and now am on hold again. No one seems to know why. I have 2 RT sets of flights I am trying to get adjusted as one leg on each set has the $104 fare. I've always been able to do this in the past. Now they are saying you have to change both ways. Well..............the lower fare is available both ways. This stinks

any luck??

shelleyz said:
O.K. I have another question. If I do go to change selected trips then my flights aren't there that I need can I cancel changes. I don't want to have to pick a different flight or a more expensive one. I would assume theres a button to push to make the changes final. I'm worried about trying it then something happening to mess it up. LOL.

YES!! When you go to the TRAVEL CENTER and CHANGE RES. you can still opt to NOT CHANGE anything! You can also check what is available here on your dates. I changed my return flight from MCO this morning because it was "on sale" $104. from $122. so when I CHANGED my res. it was only a price difference that changed. So- I actually booked the same flight again under "change res." and got a $72. dollar credit,which I then used to book flights to MCO! Yes, I had booked FLIGHTS home from MCO and NO flights down! Because my return date was solid but my date to start vacation was flexible! And ever since DING came along I have been booking one way flights,it is EASIER to change things online(for me at least) this way! Joan

Thank you Joan S. I went and tried and no luck. My flights say not available so I can't change them. I am not willing to change my flights to what they have left to save $32 on each ticket.

saw the cheaper flights when I got home today & called Southwest. A REALLY REALLY REALLY NICE LADY :love: talked me through the whole change itinerary process. She was not able to issue a credit to my card but I did get the credit against future travel (good excuse to go somewhere!!). My original flights both ways were available so I didn't have to change any of that. This was definitely the best thing to happen to me this week! I think God knew I needed a little pixie dust!! Good luck to all !!!

pooch said:
saw the cheaper flights when I got home today & called Southwest. A REALLY REALLY REALLY NICE LADY :love: talked me through the whole change itinerary process. She was not able to issue a credit to my card but I did get the credit against future travel (good excuse to go somewhere!!). My original flights both ways were available so I didn't have to change any of that. This was definitely the best thing to happen to me this week! I think God knew I needed a little pixie dust!! Good luck to all !!!

If you booked the same flights at the lower price you can call customer service, not the reservations people, and they will issue a credit to your card. It's when you change your flights to get a lower fair that you can't get the credit.

Pooch: Did you have one way flights or were both legs available for the lower fare?

Cepmom; No luck; they told me that with a RT ticket now you have to change both segments. It will no longer let you change one way only. The $104 wasn't available on the outbound so the prices actually went up. What a bummer!

I CAVED . . . . AND JUST BOOKED!

I was disappointed when SW came out with their Aug fares and began to look at alternatves. With the Summer Sale out yesterday, the OW fare went from $132 to $104, not great but we went ahead and did it. Hotel down, air reservation complete - better get those dining reservations done! :banana:

2boyshere said:
Cepmom; No luck; they told me that with a RT ticket now you have to change both segments. It will no longer let you change one way only. The $104 wasn't available on the outbound so the prices actually went up. What a bummer!
2boys, It sounds like you are trying to do the same thing I did. My outbound fare went down, but my return one was no longer available so I couldn't change it through the web. Call SWA and have them cancel only the leg you want to change and as soon as that is done, go ahead and book your new flight using the available credit. You will end up with two confirmation numbers instead of one, but it will save you money. Also, if you want to change either leg later, it's easier.

Good Luck...

lustergirl said:
Are you kidding me? I am waiting for December fares. They will come out sometime in August, boy do I have a long wait. Right now airfare has gone back up- yuch :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :furious: :furious: :furious: :crazy: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

I am waiting with you!!! It is not fun!! :hourglass I was hoping they would be out before August like in June guess I wont hold my breath........

Look for your "Ding" to activiate today. Let's hope it comes with a message that says "You are now free to book travel through ?"

Let's hope that message comes with the next "Ding" special!!!

It's 11:20 EST and the schedule has not been extended yet. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if there is a change. They can't hold off too much longer. I'm waiting for a mid-September flight.

Phooey....still not extended. Dang it...I was hoping for today...I can't believe they didn't extend. I hope tomorrow....If I have to wait another week...well...I'll just scream!

Isn't it odd? It is 1:40 here in NY and there has not been One Ding at all today :confused3 Usually there is at least one....but none? Whassup wit dat?
Maybe it's foreshadowing tomorrow's new schedule change? :rolleyes1

Corryn said:
Isn't it odd? It is 1:40 here in NY and there has not been One Ding at all today :confused3 Usually there is at least one....but none? Whassup wit dat?
Maybe it's foreshadowing tomorrow's new schedule change? :rolleyes1

I was very surprised too. I thought today would be the day, I would be very surprised if it is at least tomorrow.

I just got my 1st Ding of the day. There is a BWI to MCO Ding for June for $69. I think that is $10 cheaper than the Internet Special used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter