Another waiting for Southwest thread!

So glad that I booked yesterday on delta and I even got a cheaper rate than SW......

Of course, the one day I don't go on-line in the a.m....LOL.

Glad I checked the Ding this afternoon & saw the new releases.

Booked 3 returns out of MCO in Oct. $263.40 - not bad IMO. Will cancel our AT NS (only one to PIT is very early) & rebook once they open more dates. Used rewards so we can change once w/o penalty.

Turning out to be a good day!

Does SW ever have Sat or Sun Dings:goodvibes ?

Anyone have a guess for the next release date? And for how far it will go?

I'm looking for 12/16, which will probably be two more releases, but I'm sure that if I don't keep checking for the next one, it will probably be included.... :surfweb:

I'm going with July 13th since it will be 106 days until the end of the current schedule. The next extension could go to December 16, you just never know, I believe at least all of November and sometime into the beginning of December. I think it's harder to predict how far out the schedule will extend as opposed to when they will extend the schedule. :)

It seems as if there's usually at least a 4-5 weeks between releases, except of course for one blip in July of 2004 (there's always something!) So I'm going to enjoy my computer "freedom" for the next 2 weeks. Then, I'm tied to looking at their website every morning until December appears! Probably won't have it all arranged until mid-August....

Air Tran has my dates for $100 going out and $200 coming back (return is during Christmas week), but I'm holding on for SWA. Not so much for the money, because I think their xmas-time rates will be higher, too, but because I think it might be a better overall experience. I hope it's the right decision.

Last year SW released up until 12/12 on 7/15 and until the end of January in mid August. I'm sure of the 7/15 date because I have a credit from our December trip which will expire on 7/15 if not used. I've requested an extension from SW customer service since we can't travel until October. However, unless I want a paper voucher (you need to make a ressie in person at the SW counter at the airport with the paper voucher) we need to make our online ressies for Oct. and pay for them with the same cc I used for original ressie, make our trip and then submit verification of the travel to SW customer service for reimbursement of the ticketless travel funds to the cc. Since we live two hours from the airport I'm going with the online version........

DonnaL said:
I've requested an extension from SW customer service since we can't travel until October. However, unless I want a paper voucher (you need to make a ressie in person at the SW counter at the airport with the paper voucher) we need to make our online ressies for Oct. and pay for them with the same cc I used for original ressie, make our trip and then submit verification of the travel to SW customer service for reimbursement of the ticketless travel funds to the cc. Since we live two hours from the airport I'm going with the online version........
Thanks for sharing your experience. I wasn't even offered an alternative other than a paper voucher to be redeemed only at the airport. My ticketless travel funds expire in August and we're flying in September. Luckily I did use the same credit card for both flights.

Back in the waiting game. My son and I are attending the Mousefest 2006 and will be at disney 12/7-12/11. Probably got a month's wait for southwest to release their dates- drats!!!!!!!!!!

;)
Well we are waiting for Southwest to release their early april dates the 4th thru the 10th! It seems like they usually open them in MID October! I'll be ready and waiting since it is over Easter not Easter Break! and it will probably go quick! If anyone knows if I am correct on the apprx date of release please let me know! We went in October 2005 and loved it but we are taking nieces and nephews for the first time and they don't want to miss school! So that is out!! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter