Another toilet training thread😝

That's a pretty inventive idea!She actually might go that way....I will try that this week at home. What sort of cups will I be allowed to take into the parks? I'm guessing they need to be paper? Especially at AK? Thank you!!!
I’d never heard of not being able to take any kind of cup into any park. They sell plastic cups in the shops .People enter with plastic water bottles. If you buy water in small bottles, cut the top off and use the bottom as a cup. Of course you would have to bring them with you since knives and scissors are probably banned. It is best if you can dispose of the cup,.

You could get Disney stickers for the cups and make it seem special to use them.

We took my son the week before he turned 3 (this week one year ago!) and he had just finished toilet training. I put him in pull ups for the trip because I had no idea if he would regress while on vacation (he was still wearing them at night anyway). And I got the Gimars fold up potty seat because he was scared of the big toilets. It fit easily in our backpack, so it’s not like anyone knew I was toting it around.

Spoiler alert: he did great. No accidents and no regression!

Can you start bribing her at home to go in the foldable seat?

When my kids were PT age and beyond I brought the seat that went over the toilet for the room and the foldable for he parks (I kept it in a zip lock bag).

Can you get some stickers for her to decorate it each time she uses it? One sticker for one pee/poop? Disney stickers??

She will eventually be too big for that potty or you will be out and about and don’t have the potty on you....I used to carry a potty in the car for those emergencies! It was a life saver for sure!

Update! DD has been doing do well. I put her in Minnie mouse training underwear. We haven't had any accidents at home. We unfortunately have had accidents every single day we've gone out somewhere though 😭. Mainly because DD tells me about 20 seconds before she is going to go, while at out this week ( Target, the mall, church, and the park...all different days.) I ran her to the bathroom but didn't make it. She's only 23 months, and I'm trying to make her understand ' wait, or hold it's but hasn't happened yet😝. Thanks for all of the great advice! I think we are going to bring our small potty to the resort, but put her in diapers in the park. We tried pull ups one day out and she peed way to much for them to absorb. If she tells me she has to go, we'll try to make it to the toilet in time!

@stephk1981 you're still having better luck than I am! my 3 year old goes on the potty AT SCHOOL, and while she sits on the potty at home, and has me hold her if we're out and about, she will not go...

@sponica .... that's how my DS was!!! It took me FOREVER to toilet train him. We won't even get started on how old he was when we got rid of the pacifier at night.....(ahem....a month shy of 4 years old😭.) At least you know DD will do it at school, that's half the battle☺️

@stephk1981 I made the dentist the bad guy in that fight and we're pacifier free.
I think the other day she told me "i'll be a big kid in pre-k, then i go potty on the toilet"...um no kiddo, that's not going to work.

My other favorite "i can't pee or poop on the potty because I don't wear underwear"...i even bought her big kid underwear so she'd be motivated. Nope, I think she's just going to live in the woods because in her words "lucy poops in the woods" lucy being our dog.

We took my grandson last year who was mostly potty trained but a bad experience in Disney when his mother was young caused me to bring pull-ups. He never had an awake accident but I couldn’t see risking it. We just used the pull-ups like underwear.

@stephk1981 I made the dentist the bad guy in that fight and we're pacifier free.
I think the other day she told me "i'll be a big kid in pre-k, then i go potty on the toilet"...um no kiddo, that's not going to work.

My other favorite "i can't pee or poop on the potty because I don't wear underwear"...i even bought her big kid underwear so she'd be motivated. Nope, I think she's just going to live in the woods because in her words "lucy poops in the woods" lucy being our dog.
Hey, that sounds like a valid argument to me! Lol🤣. I have no advice, I finally gave up with DS and just let him do it when he decided to.....it was the day before his third birthday. However I went through another 6 mo the of asking for a diaper every time he had to do #2....he wouldn't go on the toilet, became so constipated that I gave in.

Hey, that sounds like a valid argument to me! Lol🤣. I have no advice, I finally gave up with DS and just let him do it when he decided to.....it was the day before his third birthday. However I went through another 6 mo the of asking for a diaper every time he had to do #2....he wouldn't go on the toilet, became so constipated that I gave in.
That is very common actually, and you did the right thing, because holding it can cause permanent physical damage.

That is very common actually, and you did the right thing, because holding it can cause permanent physical damage.

I wish I had you there to tell me that 7 years ago.....my pediatrician actually told me to not give in, that he'd learn to go on the toilet eventually that way!🙄. After day 4, he was in pain! We no longer see that doctor lol

When my son was potty training - I brought a potty seat for the hotel (and threw it out when we left rather than bring it home). And for the parks he wore pull ups just in case of an accident. We just made sure he sat and tried to poop before we left each morning. I guess it's easier for boys since they can just stand and pee and you don't have to worry about a potty seat in the parks. In the pool he wore swim pull ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter