another taking out of school question...

kaylajr

Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
what is the longest you have or will pull your kids out of school for a vacation
and what grades were they in?

I think that one week as long as I feel comfortable with. We have done this up through 5th grade. Next year DS will be in middle school and right now we are leaning toward not taking him out for more than 2-3 days and plan around a local break such as fall break that will not affect so many people. This is just what works for me. Everyone will have their own set of standards and thats just fine by me.

Jordan's mom

The longest was in '94 for 10 days. They were Kindergarten and 3rd grade and my youngest was only 2. They had a decent amount of schoolwork to complete and a small project on their trip, but since it was off-season, the parks were closed early so there was plenty of time to do the work. We had it all complete about half-way into our vacation. We ended up visiting the Guest Relations windows at Epcot and Sea World and picked up alot of good, educational material for their class presentation. It was one of the best vacations we've ever had.

right now i only have one to worry about since son is only in preschool..so my daughter is in first grade and we are taking her out for a week the first week of february and i dont think i would do it any longer than that...i am just afraid that she would miss too much if we were gone longer than that..i am already afraid she is going to miss too much....her teacher is going to put together a bit of school work for her to take with her which is nice considering the schools policy is no work is to be given while child is gone...

Next year we will be taking our daughter out of kindergarten for one week. Our other daughter will be 3 yrs, and our baby will be 3 mos.

if we go in april- DD's 1st grade, and 2nd grade will miss 2 days prior to april break, and 3 days after..total of 5

if we go in May, DD's will miss 10 days total, Thurs, Fri, Mon-Fri, and Mon-Wed...we drive, so they need Tuesday/Wednesday upon return to get back into a groove...We usually get back Tuesday afternoon- they go back to school thursday

Brandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter