• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another DR? And yes, it was live! Now complete..!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the pepper market, I have been hearing mixed reviews about the food, we are staying at CSR in Sept and though this would be a great meal for your first night in to WDW! Thanks for the reviews;).

That pina colada drink looks really yummy! You asked if we've been at Christmas time before and the answer is no. This will be our first visit. Would you mind if I sent you a pm with a few questions (probably more than a few haha). If not, no big deal. Your dining report has been awesome. Thanks for taking time to report each day. Hope you're having fun back in the real world!

Lynn

Oh please do!! It is my absolute favorite time to visit WDW and having this trip planned really takes the sting out of having to come home. I'd love to answer any questions you have...there is SO much to see and do that is different during Christms!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the pepper market, I have been hearing mixed reviews about the food, we are staying at CSR in Sept and though this would be a great meal for your first night in to WDW! Thanks for the reviews;).

You know - I'd read good and bad things about it too, but when DH suggested it, I thought it would be fun to combine exploring a resort we'd never been to with lunch. We really were impressed and I know he wants to go back in November.

After a not so successful lunch at Yak and Yeti CS, we headed for DTD to enjoy some WPE. We have one up here that we visit at the Mall of America, but the menu is not nearly as extensive and the CS option makes it a lot more fun to order what we want. That said, I was really looking forward to it. We ordered two meals again to share.

DH ordered the rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes - his standard favorite!

WDW51109INikon314.jpg

I ordered the Mu Shu Chicken pockets. I asked for extra sauce on the side, but somewhere between me asking DH asking the cashier telling the chef it turned into extra sauce in the pocket (I suspect the breakdown was between DH telling the cashier...not sure DH was really listening to me ;) ). So it ended up being a little too saucy, but SO SO SO good!!! The chicken was perfect, the sauce was very good. The vegetables were crunchy, there was cilantro and the pocket bread was soft and perfect. I ended up dumping a lot of the filling and putting back about half as much to eat with the bread. The homemade chips were also really good. I dipped them in the Ken's honey mustard and they were perfect!

WDW51109INikon311.jpg

FOr dessert, we ordered a fruit cup and a creme brulee. DS inhaled the fruit and DH and I shared the creme brulee (although DS also ate that strawberry!). The fruit was fresh and delicious and the creme brulee was absolutely divine. I would go back just for that!

WDW51109INikon309.jpg

WDW51109INikon313.jpg

We had great service with lots of soda refills. We also got a few cups of water and were back and forth refilling those ourselves. It had been wicked nasty hot at Animal Kingdom that morning and were were a wee bit dehydrated!

All in all, an excellent meal and VERY worth the CS Credits ($41 for two CS meals!)

Monday night we decided to use our last TS credits for a late dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe. DS wanted to do Camp Kidani again so we needed to bump our ADR later so after debating a few places we hadn't been for a while (Olivia's, Turf Club Grill) and two we had never tried (Captain's Grille, Grand Floridian Cafe) we decided on the GFC. Interestingly, most of the menus seemed very similar.

We got there on time and waited almost 40 minutes for our table. This was, by far, the longest wait we had for an ADR the whole trip. The other waits has been closer to 0-10 minutes, including both Mother's Day ADR's. We spent most of the wait taking photos outside on the beach and of the flowers so it was still a good time.

We started with the rolls - some were very crusty sourdough type rolls and the others were sweet raisin bread:

WDW51209INikon080.jpg

We each decided to start with an appetizer. DS got the chicken noodle soup:

WDW51209INikon082.jpg

DH opted for the caesar salad, which was okay:

WDW51209INikon085.jpg

I ordered the Field Greens - with Fresh Strawberries, Roasted Cashews, and Crumbled Feta tossed in Strawberry Vinaigrette:

WDW51209INikon083.jpg

This was REALLY good! I had wondered about the combination of feta and strawberries, but it really worked. :thumbsup2

DS ordered the kid's steak for his entree and really enjoyed it. The steak was cooked perfectly and he loved the broccoli:

WDW51209INikon086.jpg

DH and I both opted for the ribeye, haricots vert and french fries. The steak was relatively thin and reminded me of the steaks we get up here on company cookouts. The green beans were good and the french fries were excellent! Overall, it was an average entree, but we both did enjoy them. Not a steak destination, but definitely good meals:

WDW51209INikon087.jpg

FOr dessert, DS ordered the fruit cup:

WDW51209INikon090.jpg

DH and I split the combinationa platter:

WDW51209INikon089.jpg

This included a lemon cheesecake (DH loved!):

WDW51209INikon095.jpg

Tiramisu (my favorite!):

WDW51209INikon096.jpg

A creme brulee key lime pie - very good!:

WDW51209INikon092.jpg

Chocolate Mousse cake - very dark chocolate taste. I liked this a lot:

WDW51209INikon091.jpg

And, of course, the easel - made of chocolate and sugar. This was so incredibly cute! DS immediately snapped it up.

WDW51209INikon094.jpg

All in all, this was a nice meal but not a must return ADR.

I agree on the ribeye, it looks almost as thin as what they serve on buns at the county fair here. :confused3 i really liked the presentation of the desserts, they looked yummy!

Just wanted to say thanks for the report. I thoroughly enjoyed all the pictures and narrative. It is making me want my trip to be here sooner than Aug. 30th!

I rate your report :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 5 thumbs up out of 5!!

I agree on the ribeye, it looks almost as thin as what they serve on buns at the county fair here. :confused3 i really liked the presentation of the desserts, they looked yummy!

Exactly! And the desserts were fantastic!

Just wanted to say thanks for the report. I thoroughly enjoyed all the pictures and narrative. It is making me want my trip to be here sooner than Aug. 30th!

I rate your report :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 5 thumbs up out of 5!!

Thank you so much!!!

On Tuesday, DS was signed up to be at Camp Kidani from 9-11 so DH and I hopped the bus and took the short ride to Jambo House for breakfast at The Mara. We decided to share the breakfast platter and the bacon, egg and cheese croissant with juice and soda:

WDW51209INikon107.jpg

This was very good, but mostly all made up before we ordered it. Breakfast at Artist Palette had been much fresher.

WDW51209INikon106.jpg

This was also set up with the cheese in it and they added the scrambled eggs and bacon before serving.

WDW51209INikon109.jpg

My lovely beverage :love:

WDW51209INikon108.jpg

DH's juice and root beer and my water.

OMG, I need that GF cafe dessert!! Thank you so much for the wonderful photos!!!

We spent most of the day at DHS - and had to stop and get one of the best snacks EVER:

WDW51209INikon122.jpg

We also spent some snack credits on a Mickey ice cream sandwich, some smart waters and powerade.

We stopped at The Mara again on the way back to Kidani for a late lunch. DH and I decided to split entrees again. We shared the half chicken dinner and the double bacon cheeseburger. The chicken was served with couscous and a tomato/veggie sauce and was very good:

WDW51209INikon271.jpg

The fixings bar had everything we needed and the cheeseburger was delicious - and the first burger we had the whole trip:

WDW51209INikon272.jpg

I also used a snack credit to get a cup of soup - it was my favorite butternut squash from Boma and although it looks like nacho cheese, it was wonderful!

WDW51209INikon273.jpg

DS got the kid's macaroni and cheese with fries and applesauce and this was really good!

WDW51209INikon270.jpg

We brought both desserts back to the room for later:

carrot cake - okay, but had raisins (ick!)

WDW51209INikon326.jpg

Simba brownie - super rich and fudgy...this was excellent!

WDW51209INikon334.jpg

Our traditional last vacation meal was at WPE. We had four CS credits left and used three here.

DH got his other favorite - the spicy chicken pizza:

WDW51209IOlympus072.jpg

This was wonderful, as always!

I ordered the rigatoni alfredo with chicken and the side caesar salad:

WDW51209IOlympus076.jpg

WDW51209IOlympus067.jpg

I liked both of these a lot and would order again. Sorry about the whiteout glare on the photos...it was raining so I had the waterproof camera at DTD that night.

DS ordered the kid's pepperoni pizza:

WDW51209IOlympus071.jpg

For dessert, he got the twist frozen yogurt:

WDW51209IOlympus080.jpg

DH and I each got a chocolate chip cookie, which we brought home with us. Best cookies EVER!

WDW51209IOlympus077.jpg

All in all, we still love WPE and will keep it as a can't miss.

Thanks for the pictures from the Marra. DD thinks mac 'n cheese looks good-and she is picky!

We stopped at Goofy's Candy Co and used up our last 7 snack credits on:

* Celebration sucker
* Mickey Pez
* Chip and Dale mixed nuts
* two pieces of chocolate nut fudge
* toffee slab
* Mickey PB cup

While DS and I were doing this, DH stopped at EOS to use up our last CS credit. He ordered a BLT for a night snack, a water and a cupcake crown:

WDW51209IOlympus092.jpg

WDW51209IOlympus095.jpg

The sandwich was great - even cold a few hours later. Definitely something I'd order again!

WDW51209IOlympus091.jpg

This came home with us too. Usually I love these, but this one had chocolate frosting instead of white so it was good, and not amazing good. It was yellow cake, fudgy frosting and sprinkles.

And that is all for photos...I'll be back later to indulge myself with final foodie thoughts.

We stopped at The Mara again on the way back to Kidani for a late lunch. DH and I decided to split entrees again. We shared the half chicken dinner and the double bacon cheeseburger. The chicken was served with couscous and a tomato/veggie sauce and was very good:

WDW51209INikon271.jpg

Yum, yum! I just love this dish! I have ordered it twice now and have not been disappointed. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter