• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another DR? And yes, it was live! Now complete..!

Try "celebration goody bag"...and tell them it's the one they can do only at Cape May, Chef Mickey's, etc. And if all else fails, order it when you check in at the podium.

I got the info off the WDW website under "celebrations".
From: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/celebrations/customizations/

CB_PSL_PBDLX_240.jpg

• (407) WDW-DINE
  • Add to Wish List

Celebrate Today! Party Favors

• Dining Extras
  • Special Experiences
Add a little magic and transform your dining into an instant party with any or all of the following festive options, a goodie bag that contains a Mickey party hat, fun game, coloring book and crayons, or a deluxe goodie bag that has all the goodie bag components, PLUS a magnet activity set and Mickey shaped straw all in a special celebration tote. No notice is necessary; available at Character Dining and buffet locations.

Just wanted to wish you safe travels tomorrow and welcome back to the midwest. I've really enjoyed your dining report and pics. Thanks for sharing with us. I took the plunge today and finally made a deposit on a trip back to WDW. :cool1::cool1: DH and myself will be celebrating our 25th anniversary with a trip Nov 29 - Dec 4 and will be staying at POP. We can't wait. We've never been w/o the kids and never at Christmas time either. I don't think our DSs 21 and 20 will be upset that we aren't taking them but I'm not sure about our youngest son (11). Maybe we'll get a bounceback offer and be able to book something for next year. Again, thanks for sharing your reviews, pics and vacation with us.

Lynn

Well, I just got caught up. We were down there with you for a while. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews!

Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to post your dining experiences. I really enjoyed all of your pics and reviews.

Just wanted to wish you safe travels tomorrow and welcome back to the midwest. I've really enjoyed your dining report and pics. Thanks for sharing with us. I took the plunge today and finally made a deposit on a trip back to WDW. :cool1::cool1: DH and myself will be celebrating our 25th anniversary with a trip Nov 29 - Dec 4 and will be staying at POP. We can't wait. We've never been w/o the kids and never at Christmas time either. I don't think our DSs 21 and 20 will be upset that we aren't taking them but I'm not sure about our youngest son (11). Maybe we'll get a bounceback offer and be able to book something for next year. Again, thanks for sharing your reviews, pics and vacation with us.

Lynn

Thank you for your well wishes - our travel was actually very smooth and as pleasant as it can be. And that is AWESOME about your trip!!!! We will be there at the same time! :woohoo: Have you been to WDW at that time of the year? It is the absolutely BEST time to go!

Well, I just got caught up. We were down there with you for a while. Thanks for all the wonderful reviews!

Wasn't it HOT!

Noooo...you can't go home. I am enjoying your reports too much ;)

Be safe!

Thank you!

Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to post your dining experiences. I really enjoyed all of your pics and reviews.

Thanks! I have a ton to catch up on this weekend...at least 50 photos!

This was the best dining report I've read so far. Thanks so much.

Oh my gosh - thank YOU!!!

this has been a wonderful DR! i def. need to try that shortcake at sunshine in epcot..YUM~

We missed Beaches and Cream this trip, but got the shortcake so I still consider it a success. ;)

Fab dining review, thanks for posting :cool1:

Thanks!!!

Great review - Loving it :)

Thank you!!

Dinner on Mother's Day was supposed to be at Tutto Italia, but DH and I were feeling lazy and DS wanted to go to Camp Kidani (5:30-7:30) so DH went up to the magnificent Concierge and changed our ADR to a later dinner at The Wave. We'd never been there and wanted to try it, so here was our chance!

The restaurant was really cool and the blue lit tunnel to get in was very impressive. We had a short wait before being seated. Here is the snack menu in the lounge area:

WDW51109INikon063.jpg

We were able to order milkshakes on the DDP, so I ordered a vanilla shake for DS and drank his diet coke and DH ordered a chocolate milkshake.

Vanilla:

WDW51109INikon068.jpg

DH being "artsy" with his chocolate drink:

WDW51109INikon071.jpg

The bread and salted butter - very good!

WDW51109INikon069.jpg

DS's starter was the mixed vegetables:

WDW51109INikon081.jpg

I ordered the soup of the day OOP - Artichoke and Hazelnut soup with a mini grilled cheese (brie) sandwich:

WDW51109INikon079.jpg

If you like artichokes, this is excellent!! There is the tangy artichoke with the subtle nut flavor and the grilled cheese was perfect with it. I was happy to have tried it.

For our entrees, DS opted for the cheese pizza:

WDW51109INikon080.jpg

DH ordered the filet with mashed celery root:

WDW51109INikon083.jpg

He was going to substitute something for the celery root, but I talked him into trying it (I had seen it on Good Eats and was curious!). It tasted like mashed potatoes seasoned with celery seed...very good and very interesting! The filet was absolutely delicious...! DH and I were surprised that it was better than the filet at Shula's.

I ordered the marinated flank steak with guacamole:

WDW51109INikon082.jpg

This was very good! When we make flank steak and guacamole at home, we marinate it in olive oil, lime juice and southwestern seasoning so this was not what I expected...the marinade was sweeter, like balsamic vinegar. It was still really, really good!

DS chose the kid's sundae, but opted for just vanilla gelato and sprinkles:

WDW51109INikon088.jpg

DH picked the sorbets - strawberry, pineapple and lemon-basil. The strawberry was SO good, tha pineapple was good and the lemon basil smelled like air freshener and was pucker sour (which in our family is goooo-ood!):

WDW51109INikon085.jpg

I got the Decadent Flavors: Blueberry Compote with Yogurt Gelato, Lemon Cornbread with Vanilla Panna Cotta, or Chocolate Mousse with Salted Caramel Sauce. The blueberries and yogurt were very good, the lemon cornbread was dry and blah. The chocolate mouse and salted caramel sauce was....oh my GOSH excellent!!! I would have loved more sauce, and the mousse was perfect.

WDW51109INikon084.jpg

The flank steak with guacamole looks awesome...I have never tried flank steak before...Is it similar to a sirloin?? Sorry I am so clueless :lmao: The desserts look fabulous too! The Wave wasn't really on my radar for this trip, but I may have to change my mind on that one!

The flank steak with guacamole looks awesome...I have never tried flank steak before...Is it similar to a sirloin?? Sorry I am so clueless :lmao: The desserts look fabulous too! The Wave wasn't really on my radar for this trip, but I may have to change my mind on that one!

Flank steak is really, really good! It isn't a typically tender steak, but if you marinate it (we love olive oil, lime juice and southwestern spices or just olive oil, salt and pepper) for an hour or so and then cut it against the grain, it is SO good! Flank steak (leaner) and skirt steak (not lean) are the most used beef cuts for fajitas.

I had read really good reviews for The Wave, but it wasn't really on our radar...but when we just didn't have the motivation to actually hit a park for dinner and started looking at the resorts, it just seemed like a great choice. And truly, it really was...!

Loving your reviews and pics!!! :)

Thanks!! It's not live anymore :sad1: but I still have lots of photos to post this weekend!

Loving your reviews.

Must have bag!!

Isn't it GREAT!! And I checked and they do have it at the World of Disney - it's in the little girls' princess area. It isn't a big bag, but it just screams "DIS!" doesn't it?? :rotfl:

While DS was at Camp Kidani, DH and I hung out at the pool. We shared a bevvie that we both love - the lava colada (I think). It's a swirl of very sweet pina colada and very tart raspberry puree. It is a really sweet drink, but we've always liked it.

WDW51209IOlympus012.jpg

WDW51209IOlympus013.jpg

and with the refillable mug - the pool bar has a section to refill your mug, as does Johari Treasures in the lobby.

WDW51209IOlympus014.jpg

Monday was DAK day and DH decided it was also time for breakfast. We had tons of CS credits left so we wandered around and discovered that Pizzafari served breakfast. We had never been there (we're a Flame Tree family) and the inside of the restaurant was incredibly cool with all the animals. We especially loved the colorful wooden bats on the ceiling.

Menu:

WDW51109INikon119.jpg

DS wanted cereal and a cereal and milk was a snack credit:

WDW51109INikon121.jpg

DH and I shared a platter with eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and a biscuit:

WDW51109INikon124.jpg

We also shared a cinnamon roll - as usual, I picked out the inside and ate that and it was very, very good:

WDW51109INikon125.jpg

We also had 2 orange juices with the CS meal.

Overall, a nice and typical WDW CS breakfast.

Later in the day, we decided it was time mainly for a drink (HOT!) and maybe a snack, so we stopped at the Yak and Yeti CS place. Nothing looked especially good, so we decided to share the sweet and sour pork, large lemonade, frozen lemonade and use a snack credit for the pork egg rolls.

WDW51109INikon256.jpg

WDW51109INikon257.jpg

WDW51109INikon258.jpg

WDW51109INikon260.jpg

So what to say about this meal...? The eggrolls were not to our taste. I would actually say they were pretty nasty. We also did not really enjoy the sweet and sour pork, but DH and I both decided that it was probably okay, but the combination of the sweet sauce, the very hot temperature of the food, and the very hot temperature of the weather just wasn't good. If it had been a cooler day out, we may have liked it more. But regardless, the eggrolls were nasty.

We loved the cold lemonade drink and the frozen lemonade also hit the spot and were both worth the CS credit. We ended up throwing most of the actual food away.

That pina colada drink looks really yummy! You asked if we've been at Christmas time before and the answer is no. This will be our first visit. Would you mind if I sent you a pm with a few questions (probably more than a few haha). If not, no big deal. Your dining report has been awesome. Thanks for taking time to report each day. Hope you're having fun back in the real world!

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter