• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another DR? And yes, it was live! Now complete..!

drool factor 5000....thank you so much for your wonderful report..i am quite sad its over...:( but YAY it was a great ride :)

OMG, I need that GF cafe dessert!! Thank you so much for the wonderful photos!!!

It was really so good! I love getting samplers if offered - a little/lot of a few things.

Mickey waffle at the Marra looks good!

I really love them - they are so dense and soft on the inside...wish Disney packaged them frozen and sold them at Super Target....

Thanks for the pictures from the Marra. DD thinks mac 'n cheese looks good-and she is picky!

DS gets his mac and cheese love from me and I can say the Mara M&C is pretty much the same as Boma...which is wonderful! I was sad it was our last day, because I would have loved to have gone back and gotten the kids M&C for myself...

Just finished, great report:thumbsup2 thanks for sharing.

Thanks!!

Yum, yum! I just love this dish! I have ordered it twice now and have not been disappointed. :love:

It was really good! The couscous alone was...odd. Just a texture thing for me. When mixed with the tomato it was really good! It reminded me of the shrimp creole over rice my mom used to make when I was growing up.

drool factor 5000....thank you so much for your wonderful report..i am quite sad its over...:( but YAY it was a great ride :)

Thank you! I was pretty bummed to come back to reality, but now we're getting into summer here and full steam ahead with plans for WDW 2009 Take Two at Thanksgiving...;)

Its over. :sad2:

Great reviews. Thanks for doing this.

Thanks! I really enjoyed it!

Enjoyed your reviews. Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup2

Awesome reviews and great pictures. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

Thank you both!!

I did a little cost comparing this weekend and based on the menu prices of everything we ordered that was covered by the DDP, plus tax on the TS meals we came out about $320 ahead. Since snacks and CS also have tax, the number is actually a bit more than that.

Now - would we have ordered all the same things without the DDP? Probably not. But to us, ordering milkshakes and desserts and extra snacks is part of the fun. So in the end, we feel our savings were actually nearly 50% of what we spent.

One thought we had a lot on this trip, and the heat probably had a lot to do with it: We would be completely slaughtered by the Deluxe plan. We had one day where we each had a breakfast credit used (TS), a lunch credit (CS) and dinner (TS). This was Mother's Day at Boma, Pepper Market and then the Wave (where I did have an appetizer). And even then, we didn't use 6 snack credits that day. We just weren't that hungry. I'm not saying we'd never use it - DH and I have talked about a trip with just the two of us where we go to a lot of the 2TS places - because the challenge sounds like a lot of fun. But on this trip, we would have been very full and very unhappy on DxDDP.

On the other hand, we found that sometimes we really didn't want to do a TS meal. And none of the TS's really stood out to me this trip. DH and DS really like The Wave and I did enjoy it. But some of my favorites (Boma, Spoodles, Whispering Canyon) just didn't live up to my previous experiences. And we changed a lot of things on the fly (which I loved being able to do). And we had some really fantastic offsite meals. So that said, we're doing a split stay on out next trip, and we're thinking about doing the QSP for the first stay, going offsite for a few and paying OOP for Thanksgiving dinner. But who knows? In the end, I was much happier having that Key to the World card in my pocket with the room charging and DDP than not. And for whatever it's worth, I do love the DDP.

So...favorites:

DH:
breakfast: Kona Cafe - macadamia pineapple pancakes
lunch: Flame Tree BBQ
dinner: The Wave
favorite meal: Bubbalou's BBQ
least favorite meal: Boma dinner
must do next time: Dole Whip - he's missed it the last two trips!

DS:
breakfast: Kona Cafe
lunch: The Plaza
dinner: The Wave
snack: Mickey Cookies and Cream ice cream sandwich
favorite meal: couldn't pick a favorite
least favorite meal: Pepper Market
must do next time: Le Cellier (pretzel bread)

Me:
breakfast: Kona Cafe
lunch: Tangerine Cafe
dinner: Cape May Cafe
favorite meal: my pasta at Macaroni Grill
least favorite meal: Yak and Yeti CS lunch - ick!
must do next time: cappuccino float at MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter