ANOTHER 21 days in WDW+DXDDP=hundreds of food pics (COMPLETED 3/2!)

That looked wonderful- I especially love that it seems so many Universal restaurants offer dessert shots, or dessert samplers- so you get to try more than one thing. Yummy! :thumbsup2

wow, I am so happy that I happened upon your review-- it is excellent! If I wasn't counting WW points, I would so do the Deluxe plan when we go at the end of the summer!

I am still floored at how much food is included in the Deluxe Dining vs. the regular dining plan--- yet it seems like most times, you never ordered 2 apps, 2 entrees and 2 desserts-- good for you! I would be trying to get the most out of it and order everything- and 3 table service meals a day lol! I like how you didn't mind using a credit that could be used for a three course meal at LeCeller for a counter service meal at Earl of Sandwich!

After seeing all your yummy pics of the Wolfgang Pucks Express food, I am going to try them this trip!!

More fantastic reviews :) :)

We'd never tried the Carrot Cake Cookie from the Writer's Stop until last week..... and OMG it was absolutely delicious! Dread to imagine how many calories it had, however!

Your review of Tchoup Tchop was excellent. Can I highly recommend the Chef's Tasting Menu? We did it a few years ago and were served a fantastic five course meal (plus amuse bouche if I remember correctly), sat up at the bar overlooking the kitchen. It was excellent theatre as well as awesome food (and ITA about how well the server threesome operates).

I love the photo of the HHN cocktail :D and the HRH lounge.

That looked wonderful- I especially love that it seems so many Universal restaurants offer dessert shots, or dessert samplers- so you get to try more than one thing. Yummy! :thumbsup2

It was really good. And I really like the dessert samplers or mini desserts too.

Thanks for the Tchoup Chop update! We ate there last October and loved it!

Thanks, glad you liked Tchoup Chop too.

wow, I am so happy that I happened upon your review-- it is excellent! If I wasn't counting WW points, I would so do the Deluxe plan when we go at the end of the summer!

I am still floored at how much food is included in the Deluxe Dining vs. the regular dining plan--- yet it seems like most times, you never ordered 2 apps, 2 entrees and 2 desserts-- good for you! I would be trying to get the most out of it and order everything- and 3 table service meals a day lol! I like how you didn't mind using a credit that could be used for a three course meal at LeCeller for a counter service meal at Earl of Sandwich!

After seeing all your yummy pics of the Wolfgang Pucks Express food, I am going to try them this trip!!

Thanks very much. I'm counting ww points at the minute and you're right there's no way to do ww on the deluxe plan!
We upgraded to the dxddp during free dining so I was never particularly bothered about value for money, possibly I would have thought about it more if we'd paid full price. For us it was really a convenience thing, we knew we had pre-paid all our dining costs up front, and with the amount of credits we had no problem using a few for CS meals.

And definitely give WPE a try, it's truly the best CS restaurant on property.

Mmmmm Tchoup Chop looks yummy! The atmosphere was really pretty, too.

It was really good. Thanks.

More fantastic reviews :) :)

We'd never tried the Carrot Cake Cookie from the Writer's Stop until last week..... and OMG it was absolutely delicious! Dread to imagine how many calories it had, however!

Your review of Tchoup Tchop was excellent. Can I highly recommend the Chef's Tasting Menu? We did it a few years ago and were served a fantastic five course meal (plus amuse bouche if I remember correctly), sat up at the bar overlooking the kitchen. It was excellent theatre as well as awesome food (and ITA about how well the server threesome operates).

I love the photo of the HHN cocktail :D and the HRH lounge.

Thank you. I've no idea how many calories were in the cookie, it was huge though so I'm guessing way too many! I would have really liked to do the tasting menu but I didn't think it would be suitable for vegetarians.

I have so enjoyed your reviews. Thank you so much for sharing your pic and reviews!!!:wizard:

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed them.

Today we spent the morning in IOA and decided to see if we could get into Mythos around 1:30 for a late lunch.
I'd heard lots of positive reviews for this place, so I was pleased when we were told it would just be a ten minute wait.

We were seated within a few minutes and we admired the theming of the restaurant. It was truly like eating in a cave, and we also had a great view of the Hulk outside the window.

Service here was just ok. He greeted us quickly but was slow to bring drinks, take orders etc, however he seemed pretty busy with a fair few tables to look after.

I decided to try the Crab Cake Sliders. These were pretty good, the crab cakes were nice and moist, with plenty of crab flavour, the bread was soft, and the remoulade had a bit of a kick to it. They were served with potato salad which was creamy but slightly tangy, and a melon, onion and balsamic salsa. This was actually very good, light, refreshing and the flavours combined well together.
myth_sliders.jpg

DH chose the vegetable Pad Thai which he enjoyed. This was a huge portion, the noodles were well cooked and onions and green beans were tasty. The sauce was a Peanut Satay type sauce, but was sweet rather than spicy. Overall he said this was a tasty dish, but it was overly sweet for his palate and wasn't able to finish it.
myth_thai.jpg

As we'd skipped appetisers we decided to share a couple of desserts. Most of the desserts here are served in shot glasses, meaning they are small but it allows you to sample a couple of things. I chose a Creme Brulee dessert shot, which had a nice creamy texture but was topped with caramel sauce (so not really creme brulee like).
DH chose the Apple Streusel shot, which basically sponge cake layered with apple and cinamon sauce, topped with whipped cream, we both enjoyed this one.
myth_shots.jpg

We also split the Chocolate Gooey Banana Cake. This was a normal sized dessert (the only one on the menu I think, the rest were all served in shot glasses). The cake was a very soft, moist rich chocolate cake, topped with caramel sauce and sliced bananas. This paired really well with the peanut butter ice cream served on top, overall a delicious desserts.
myth_banana.jpg

Overall we both really liked this restaurant. I enjoyed my entree more than DH did, and there wasn't a great selection of veggie options but I think we'd still return.

As we had a late lunch we skipped dinner that night. We stayed in and watched a movie, and part way through the night DH got a sundae from Emack and Bolios at the HRH.
This was absolutely huge, 3 scoops of ice cream (mint choc chip, vanilla, cookies and cream), brownie chunks, pieces of candy, topped with whipped cream. It was delicious but we didn't manage to finish it!
HRH_icecream.jpg

This was our last day :sad2: and after checking out of HRH we spent the morning re-riding our favourite rides in both parks.

Our airport transfer wasn't until 3pm, so we decided to have one last lunch on Citywalk. We walked past the Nascar Cafe and DH decided he'd like to give it a try so that's where we ended up.

It was around 12:30 when we walked in and it was very empty with only around 6 tables occupied. Our server was very friendly here, and ensured our soft drinks were always refilled.

Neither of us were in the mood for a big meal so we decided just to order appetisers. I chose the Nachos, and I nearly died when our server delivered them. It was an absolutely huge portion that could have easily fed four, and as the topping included meat DH couldn't even help me eat them!
They were pretty good, tons of chips, topped with chilli, salsa, olives, sour cream, cheese sauce and pulled pork. I barely put a dent in these and felt a bit guilty for wasting so much food.
nc_nachos.jpg

DH chose the Fried Cheese and Toasted Ravioli Appetiser. This was basically deep fried mozzarella which was hot and tasty, cheese filled ravioli and garlic bread. He really enjoyed this and cleared his plate.
nc_cheese.jpg

His favourite part of this dish was the garlic bread, and as he'd finished his meal and I was still struggling with my nachos, he asked our server if it was possible to get another side of garlic bread. She brought him another three slices which he quickly polished off.
nc_garlic.jpg

In summary we enjoyed our last meal here, even though the size of the nachos was a bit of a shock for me! The prices were reasonable and service was good.

And that's it, after nearly five months I've finally completed this dining report!

In summary we both really enjoyed the dxddp but struggled to use the snack credits this time round.
We enjoyed the vast majority of meals we ate (the exceptions would be Narcoosees and CRT, both of which DH didn't like at all). Our favourites were Citricos, California Grill, Flying Fish and Jiko.

We'd do the plan again, but I did enjoy spending the last week of the holiday without a dining plan, as it was nice to have a few days not being tied to dining reservations.

I hope you've enjoyed these reviews. Unfortunately we're not able to return to WDW this year, but I'm already planning for 2011!

Thanks again for all of your reviews! All of the pictures and detailed descriptions and impressions are soooo helpful!

Thanks for the wonderful review! I found it late last week so I only had to wait for the last 2 days :) Awesome!

Have fun at your sister's wedding this year --- and I'll bet your 2011 Disney trip will be here before you know it! (and no doubt you will need all that time to set up another 21 days of ADRS lol!!)

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful reviews!

thank you so much for posting the BWI club level food offerings. we will be there in 1.5 weeks and pics of the lounge food are slim pickins, so thanks, I am getting excited!

And that's it, after nearly five months I've finally completed this dining report!

In summary we both really enjoyed the dxddp but struggled to use the snack credits this time round.
We enjoyed the vast majority of meals we ate (the exceptions would be Narcoosees and CRT, both of which DH didn't like at all). Our favourites were Citricos, California Grill, Flying Fish and Jiko.

We'd do the plan again, but I did enjoy spending the last week of the holiday without a dining plan, as it was nice to have a few days not being tied to dining reservations.

I hope you've enjoyed these reviews. Unfortunately we're not able to return to WDW this year, but I'm already planning for 2011!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your excellent reviews!:goodvibes

Thanks so much for these reviews! They were really inspiring to try out some new places. My husband and I are both vegetarian, and some of the places you tried, we tried as well (the Sci Fi Dine-in being one of them). I kind of want to skip on over to Citrico's now...that vegetarian entree looked really good!

Thank you so much for sharing! I really loved reading all of your reviews-- keep us posted when you solidify plans for 2011!

Fastest 5 months of reviews ever! Loved every minute- and i'll be looking for you in 2011! Thank-you!!!!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter