Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

We currently have Pixie Pass and my mom wants to purchase us Pirate or Sorcerers Pass to activate later. Our Pixie doesn't expire until Oct. Can we hold a pass and a voucher at the same time or is there away to have a gift pass to be activated later by anyone?

When I purchase an annual pass, do I have to decide about adding the $99 memory maker at purchase time or can I add it at the discounted price at a later date? Thanks

Generally speaking ticket upgrades are a 1:1 basis -- 1 "old" ticket towards 1 "new" (upgraded) ticket. I'd say you probably received some pixie dust by upgrading an existing AP and rolling another ticket into that upgrade. I'd be highly surprised if you could have rolled additional tickets into that as well, but since it seems to have been outside the normal scope it's possible that CM would have done so. However I would not recommend that anyone expect to be able to combine multiple tickets, whether for an upgrade or a new voucher

Generally speaking ticket upgrades are a 1:1 basis -- 1 "old" ticket towards 1 "new" (upgraded) ticket. I'd say you probably received some pixie dust by upgrading an existing AP and rolling another ticket into that upgrade. I'd be highly surprised if you could have rolled additional tickets into that as well, but since it seems to have been outside the normal scope it's possible that CM would have done so. However I would not recommend that anyone expect to be able to combine multiple tickets, whether for an upgrade or a new voucher
Generally speaking ticket upgrades are a 1:1 basis -- 1 "old" ticket towards 1 "new" (upgraded) ticket. I'd say you probably received some pixie dust by upgrading an existing AP and rolling another ticket into that upgrade. I'd be highly surprised if you could have rolled additional tickets into that as well, but since it seems to have been outside the normal scope it's possible that CM would have done so. However I would not recommend that anyone expect to be able to combine multiple tickets, whether for an upgrade or a new voucher.
My aim was to help folks in my situation (DVC & FL resident) understand that they need to call and not try it on the website. If you are a dvc member, you can call dvc and the will transfer the call to ticketing department. Because I have everything scheduled, ticketing asked “which of the tickets, in addition to the upgrade, was I going to use towards the Sorcerer”. I interpreted this to mean I could use my tyhoon lagoon after hours, or epcott tickets. It wasn’t luck nor special treatment. I was told by them that anything over the use of one ticket or annual pass has to go through ticketing. Ticketing has the ability to upgrade the AP using annual passes and tickets (not vouchers).
I repeat myself because I want to help others the way I was helped on this board.

We currently have Pixie Pass and my mom wants to purchase us Pirate or Sorcerers Pass to activate later. Our Pixie doesn't expire until Oct. Can we hold a pass and a voucher at the same time or is there away to have a gift pass to be activated later by anyone?
You can absolutely have an active AP + a new AP voucher linked to your account (I’ve had both since 2020). However, I would recommend just waiting until your renewal window & upgrade then. Renewing is 15% off a new pass- so, the savings could be significant. You are allowed to upgrade to different pass types from Pixie at the time of your renewal (even when active sales are suspended, they have continuously allowed it).

Now, if you are planning to wait to activate (ie- to stagger, or change your AP cycle), then I’d definitely buy the new pass now. Just remember that you have to activate it within 12 mo of purchase or it will expire (just like reg tickets do). You’ll also need to choose the correct pass to use when making park pass res’s (as it will show both passes & make you check the box for the one you wish to use). Just a few minor annoyances, but well worth it to have that safety net!

We are both FL residents & new DVC owners. (I have a met half a dozen retirees who have moved recently to FL and bought DVC).

On the March 13, I was allowed to upgrade from Pixie to Sorcerer. ( I purchased Pixie in early February and took 2 trips to the parks & used the parking privilege at the parks and the resorts).

We wanted a sorcerer pass because even though retired, we like going to the parks on
Saturdays. We can leave at our leisure and then stay late.

We also needed to schedule for a wedding on a Sunday in May where the wedding party is going to Disney the day after the wedding.

We are also staying a week @ GF and wanted to enter the park on Sunday (I had purchased that ticket separately from Pixie)

I called ticketing on March 13 and they were able to upgrade Pixie Pass AND apply the value of the ticket for Sunday to the upgrade. (it was a 3 hour wait on phone but I had to be home anyway)

I also had after hour tix and I had the impression that I could of applied those also. (could be wrong on this) but only up to the value of the Sorcerer pass.

Conclusion: FL residents were able to upgrade on the 13th IF THEY WERE DVC MEMBERS.

You can not use two passes (AP & Ticketed entry) online and have to use ticketing.

Ticketing could only do the upgrade once they checked for a DVC Y clearance.

I was left with the impression that ALL tickets could have been used to purchase the Sorcerer pass, up to the value of the Sorcerer pass, as long as it was not just a voucher and the ticket for entry or an event and was in the name of the person updating.*
*NOTE all my tickets were in our names and attached to a date in “my experience”.

I thought I would share this positive transaction. The time on the phone was longer than I wanted to. spend but the outcome was exactly what I wanted. This Saturday I want to MK and had a wonderful time. I was able to staylate, park in the park and then park at a resort.

Thank you all for helping us with this.
I repeat myself because I want to help others the way I was helped on this board.

Thank you sharing your experience. I get you are trying to help, but in your situation the CM did not appear to follow normal renewal/upgrade policy. So others should not expect the same exception.

Pre-April 13th policy allowed (1) ticket media to be applied as credit toward a 90 day renewal (including any upgrades). This helps many guests, like myself, book park reservations in advance of the holidays (my renewal is end-of-Dec).

On April 13th, they removed the 90 day renewal period so any/all current DVC Passholders can upgrade right now. Your active AP should have been considered your (1) ticket media credit toward an upgrade.

Thank you sharing your experience. I get you are trying to help, but in your situation the CM did not appear to follow normal renewal/upgrade policy. So others should not expect the same exception.

Pre-April 13th policy allowed (1) ticket media to be applied as credit toward a 90 day renewal (including any upgrades). This helps many guests, like myself, book park reservations in advance of the holidays (my renewal is end-of-Dec).

On April 13th, they removed the 90 day renewal period so any/all current DVC Passholders can upgrade right now. Your active AP should have been considered your (1) ticket media credit toward an upgrade.
I hear you. Would it make a difference to the policy you are citing that my Pixie was purchased for the first time in February and would be active until February 2024? I called a few days before the 13th and I was told it could not be done by a CM but by “ticketing”. On the 13th it was done by ticketing.

I hear you. Would it make a difference to the policy you are citing that my Pixie was purchased for the first time in February and would be active until February 2024? I called a few days before the 13th and I was told it could not be done by a CM but by “ticketing”. On the 13th it was done by ticketing.

I believe ticketing made an exception because they understood your situation and the choices you had to make.

Congratulations on becoming DVC members, welcome home!

Starting tomorrow, WDW Annual Passholders can visit the parks after 2 pm without a park reservation, except Saturdays and Sundays at MK.

Just bought enough gift cards from target to cover 2 APs...here's hoping that when they go on sale on Thursday it's a bit smoother and I can get through on the phone lines to use the gift cards!

Is there a time for when AP will go on sale Thursday? Midnight, 6:00 am, etc?

For the 13th, the email said something like "not before 6:00 am." But it seems like most people got error messages when they tried between 5:55 am and about 9:00 am when Disney added a virtual queue. If you happened to try right after the virtual queue was added, your wait time was about 10 minutes. If you tried a few minutes later your wait time was supposed to be about an hour. If you tried the next day, you got through immediately.

For the 13th, the email said something like "not before 6:00 am." But it seems like most people got error messages when they tried between 5:55 am and about 9:00 am when Disney added a virtual queue. If you happened to try right after the virtual queue was added, your wait time was about 10 minutes. If you tried a few minutes later your wait time was supposed to be about an hour. If you tried the next day, you got through immediately.

If I were purchasing I would begin trying just before 6AM and then keep trying.

So we have a trip planned very soon but at least 30 days out from the sale day and I am thinking of getting annual passes for our family. If we are staying onsite but already have our park reservations made, how will changing tickets to annual pass affect those reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter