• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passes Resume April 13 (DVC) April 20 (General Public)

Lehuaann

DIS Veteran

Walt Disney World Announces Return of New Annual Pass Sales

Disney Incredi-Pass, Disney Sorcerer Pass, and Disney Pirate Pass for General Public will be available to purchase online no earlier than 6 a.m. ET April 20, 2023.

The quantity of passes will be limited and passes, or a pass type, may become unavailable for purchase at any time.

Disney Sorcerer Pass for Disney Vacation Club Members will be available to purchase online no earlier than 6 a.m. ET April 13, 2023.

To purchase the DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass, Disney Vacation Club Members must be eligible for Membership Extras. Passes or a pass type are subject to limited availability and may not be available at any given time. The DVC Disney Sorcerer Pass is expected to be on sale more often throughout the year, even when the pass is not broadly available for sale to Florida Residents.

Upgrading Standalone Tickets to Annual Passes
  • This can be done either over the phone or in-person at any Ticket or Guest Relations window. Be aware that it is possible to lose theme park reservations in the process, so please ask the CM to transfer them. Otherwise, you may have to rebook them.

Upgrading Package Tickets to Annual Passes
  • When tickets are built into a package, your only option is to upgrade *after* arrival/checkin. This can be done in-person at any Ticket or Guest Relations window. Be aware that it is possible to lose theme park reservations in the process, so please ask the CM to transfer them. Otherwise, you may have to rebook them.
  • If you are less than 30 days away from arrival, your options are:
1) They can wait until they arrive and hope APs are still available in a couple of weeks​
2) they can cancel the tickets off the package and take the $200 penalty​
3) they can buy APs outright now and hold the package tickets as credit either for family/friends to use or to use towards next year's renewal​

Last edited:
Wonder how long those sales are going to last....

Haven't followed the DL AP Sales, I know they sold out quick... but are they available now or do they come back every now and then?

I have some 2 day tickets that I bought for a precruise stay. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if I could just update those online? But alas it will most likely require a ridiculously long phone call to make that happen

Wonder how long those sales are going to last....

Haven't followed the DL AP Sales, I know they sold out quick... but are they available now or do they come back every now and then?
They were available for like a few days this time vs the sellout battle of the previous release. Currently the most expensive one ($1600) is still available.

I got so excited! I have two trips planned and debated upgrading again. In the past it was cheaper for an AP, but I just priced it out and it doesn’t make sense for me this time. I’m out of state and I know I won’t get back a third time.

Still exciting news for everyone else!!

So the incredipass is available for everyone? That’s a step in the right direction for out of state passes.
Yes. Wasn’t that the only one out of state could buy Pre-Covid if they weren’t DVC? I think this isn’t a step in the right direction, I think it’s a return and done. Disney will never give up the right to sell the passes again so that cloud will always hang over one’s head.

The link isn’t working…is the AP still just for FL residents? I bought mine in November, so I assume I can still wait until this November to renew?

The Pixie pass only allows for weekdays - do any of the other passes allow for weekends? And is there a place I can read up on the various passes? Is it on the app?

Thank you!!

The link isn’t working…is the AP still just for FL residents? I bought mine in November, so I assume I can still wait until this November to renew?

The Pixie pass only allows for weekdays - do any of the other passes allow for weekends? And is there a place I can read up on the various passes? Is it on the app?

Thank you!!
Here is the link; https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/benefits-of-becoming-a-passholder/

As a Pixie Dust pass holder and FL resident, you can renew into any of the passes at your renwal. Except for the Incredi-Pass, the other three passes have different levels of blackout dates.

Does the 1 year clock start running the day you first use the annual pass or on the day you purchase it?

So the incredipass is available for everyone? That’s a step in the right direction for out of state passes.
The Incredi Pass was already the only one that was available to anyone. FL or DVC people could get it if the chose to, but it was the only one available to non DVC out of state people

What does this restriction mean? "Starting April 18, 2023, Passholders may visit a park after 2:00 PM without a theme park reservation––except when visiting Magic Kingdom park on Saturdays and Sundays. Pass blockout dates will continue to apply. All offerings are subject to change or cancellation without notice."

So you can't jump FROM MK, or TO MK on Saturdays and Sundays?

What does this restriction mean? "Starting April 18, 2023, Passholders may visit a park after 2:00 PM without a theme park reservation––except when visiting Magic Kingdom park on Saturdays and Sundays. Pass blockout dates will continue to apply. All offerings are subject to change or cancellation without notice."

I read it as you can't go to Magic Kingdom on Saturday or Sunday in the morning unless you have a park reservation for Magic Kingdom. And you can't hop to Magic Kingdom after 2:00 p.m. unless you have a park reservation for another park and checked in there. I think it pretty much means anybody with an annual pass who thinks they might want to go to a Magic Kingdom on the weekends should make a park reservation.

Does the 1 year clock start running the day you first use the annual pass or on the day you purchase it?

It’s been since the day you activate it.

So excited!! I’ve been saving my Disney visa points for this!!

Does anyone know what time sales start?

YOu can hop to MK after 2pm on a weekend as long as you visit another park first where you had a valid park reservation.

I have a package booked for the end of June. I’m worried that AP sales won’t be available then so that I can bridge my tickets. Any advice if I do want to upgrade? Will I need to call on April 20? Or is there another way I could upgrade online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter