Annual Pass? What if only 1 of 4 people in the group have an annual pass?

jhammond3966

Mouseketeer
so I am going to Orlando for a work conference this week and am coming back in November with the family. What if I buy an annual pass for me (works out close to even on cost between my 2 trips), but then my wife and kids have regular park hopper tickets for our November trip.

During our November trip with all 4 of us, if I am am the only one with an annual pass, how does that work?

Would I get dining discount on all 4 of us, our just my 1 meal?

What about PhotoPass? Would it only save ride photos of me but not my wife and kids? I presume on group shots, I would just scan my magic band, but sometimes on ride photos we have to split up?

What about other discounts?

Photopass is by your group defined on MDE
Dining discounts are for the paying card holder plus several (your 4 is fine)
There is also the TIW card you can buy (depends on OOP and alcohol dining charges)

For merchandise, you must be the one to pay for the items to get the discount. You will be asked for photo ID. You can use cash or a credit card with your name on it. CM's a very particular about this. If they see someone without an AP give you money, they can refuse to put through the discount. I have seen this happen.

For any dining discounts, it's good for your entire party. Again, you must use cash or a credit card with your name on it.

-Dining: To get the AP discount the AP holder has to pay and they'll ask to see your AP discount card to make sure the name on the discount matches with the name on your debit/credit card. Or if paying with cash they can check your ID.

Photopass: the AP gets everyone's photos as long as everyone is linked to the AP's friends and family list in MDE. Go on the app and make sure everyone you want photos for is in that section. If not you can send invites to join your MDE friends and family list by email. As long as you have everyone you want connected to your AP account, you'll get everyone's photos and ride videos (ToT and 7DMT have videos). If you have magic bands on there's no need to scan anywhere aside from when CM's take your photo. All ride photos will be uploaded to your MDE automatically. You'll get everyone's photos regardless if they have an AP or not, and you don't have to be on the same ride as them or even at Disney at all. The only thing is only the AP holder will be able to download the photos for everyone. Anyone else without the AP can see the photos but it will ask them if they want to purchase

Does AP get you a discount on hotel room even if you already booked it?

Does AP get you a discount on hotel room even if you already booked it?

The reservation could be adjusted if there is availability. There are a limited number of rooms for the discount.

Last edited:
For merchandise, you must be the one to pay for the items to get the discount. You will be asked for photo ID. You can use cash or a credit card with your name on it. CM's a very particular about this. If they see someone without an AP give you money, they can refuse to put through the discount. I have seen this happen.

For any dining discounts, it's good for your entire party. Again, you must use cash or a credit card with your name on it.

That's weird. When I went, I always showed my AP discount card and my mom would scan her band to pay. My mom and I don't even have the same last name anymore and none of the CMs said anything to us about it.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see if you're staying in site or off.
If off site, your AP will get you free parking. It only takes one for the entire car load!!

MG

Just FYI, the dining discounts with AP are few and far between. It's nice when you can save 10% but unless you're eating at certain restaurants for certain meals, you will find that most places don't honor AP discount.

That's weird. When I went, I always showed my AP discount card and my mom would scan her band to pay. My mom and I don't even have the same last name anymore and none of the CMs said anything to us about it.

They aren't supposed to. I've had a CM see my sister hand me money and then went to the register to pay for both our items. The CM said they couldn't put through the discount because I was paying for someone elses items. My sister had an AP too so once she showed them, the CM put them through. That isn't the only CM I've seen be very strict on the AP discount. In my experience CM's at WDW are even more strict about it than the CM's at DLR (I've held AP's for both)

Just FYI, the dining discounts with AP are few and far between. It's nice when you can save 10% but unless you're eating at certain restaurants for certain meals, you will find that most places don't honor AP discount.

You can also purchase the Tables in Wonderland card which gives you discounts at so many table service restaurants. Check it out at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...lder-benefits-and-discounts/dining-discounts/ and tablesinwonderland.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter