• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An oldie but a goodie

kimgof

DIS Veteran
Ok so I have these pics from our last WDW trip in 09. I never did a food report from this trip. Not so sure now why that was. :confused3 So since we are going again this August I thought I would do a little report to get my food memories going.
On the trip was me, DH, DS(14),DS(8), DD(6)
My two younger ones are slightly picky but they love the usual kid foods: hot dogs, chicken fingers, pizza. My DS(14) eats everything and is always hungry. Anyone who has a teenage boy can relate!
So we were staying at the Poly for 9 days and here are our choices for eateries:
1900 PF for dinner
captain cooks for breakfast and dinner
chef mickey for breakfast
coral reef for dinner
CRT for breakfast(paid OP)
GF Tea(for me and my DD)
Kona for dinner
Ohana for breakfast
Ohana for dinner
Pinnochio Haus for lunch
SCi Fi for lunch
Trex for dinner(paid OP)
Tutto for dinner
WCC for dinner
WPE for dinner
So lets get started.........

It was our first time to 1900 PF. We did enjoy the buffet, but the step sisters really were the reason we would return.
1900PFdinner3.jpg

My DH 's plate. There is Spanish rice, chicken marsala and mashed potatoes. What was nice with this buffet was how it was set up into different cuisines. They had an Italian section, Spanish section, etc.

Here is another dinner plate..Looks like potatoes, tomato and mozzerella salad, pasta, roast beef.
1900PFdinner1.jpg

The one thing I was really there to try...the strawberry soup:
1900PFdinner2.jpg

It was delicious! I love it!

And then there was dessert:
1900PFdesserts.jpg

A platter of different little tid bits.

And with all the great desserts there to choose from, my two little ones get this:
1900PFsundae.jpg

Awww geez.:lmao:

The best part of this buffet were the characters. The interaction with the step sisters and step mother was priceless. How can you not love this:
1900PFdruzilla2.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl2:

We would definitely eat at 1900 PF again. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see Cinderella but not spend $$$$ for the castle.

Up next ...Captain Cooks at the Poly for breakfast:
captcookstongatoast.jpg

TONGA TOAST!!!!! I had been waiting so long to try this. Now if you like things very sweet you will love this. I love sweet so it was terrific for me. My DH does not love sweet. He said just looking at it gave him a toothache :laughing:

Here is what DH and DS had:
captcooksadultbreakfast.jpg

It was typical eggs and biscuit. They both like it .

So now I will stay with Captain Cooks but move to dinner:
captcooksdinneraduletgrcheese.jpg

This was the adult grill cheese. I really enjoyed this. The chips were really good as well.

This was the adult Bacon Cheeseburger my DH and DS had:
captcooksdinnerHB.jpg

They both gobbled it up! They also loved those chips.

This is my DD enjoying , what else, Kids chicken. What was cute at CC was they gave them chop sicks.;)
captcooksdinnerkidchicken.jpg

Here is my younger DS enjoying what we returned to CC for so often that trip, the Dole whip! Everyone loved this!
cpatcookdolewhipandhappymatt.jpg

All in all, we enjoyed CC. The food was always good. However, there is not much variety. We have stayed at POR in the past and the food court there has so many options you could eat there every day and not get bored. This is not the case with CC. I just wish they had more choices. Oh well. It's not like I'm ever gonna starve at WDW :rotfl:

Next up....Chef Mickey for breakfast. We have done CM every visit. Las time, we tried dinner there. We were not impressed. So this time, we returned for the breakfast we know and love!
chefmickeyfood1.jpg

This is the carb lovers delight plate!:lmao:
There is french toast, cinnamon bun(which is loved by all!), Mickey waffles, pancakes and the breakfast pizza which is a must! Oh and I do see a strip of bacon there too!

My younger DS's plate.....pitiful:
chefmickeyfood2.jpg

At least he tried to make a hidden Mickey with his pancakes. ;)

My DD's plate...as you can see, she is slightly more adventurous than my DS. She at least eats eggs.
chefmickeyfood3.jpg

It was my DH's birthday so they brought this out.
chefmickeycupcake.jpg

Only in WDW are you allowed to eat a cupcake for breakfast!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter