An Interesting Question re: Cruise Levels

disnygirl55

Forever Mouseketeer
My husband posed a question to me this morning - and although I haunt these boards and read all sorts of great things, I didn't know the answer to this one:

So if hubby, I and our son (aged 12) are "Gold" level, and we pick a cruise to sail with our parents, who are "Silver" level - is it a good/allowable thing to book our son into THEIR cabin for the reason of allowing them to book excursions etc. on the gold timeline rather than silver?

OR..... is it based on the adults in the room and it would not help them to have our "Golden" child on their reservation. LOL (couldn't resist)!

My husband posed a question to me this morning - and although I haunt these boards and read all sorts of great things, I didn't know the answer to this one:

So if hubby, I and our son (aged 12) are "Gold" level, and we pick a cruise to sail with our parents, who are "Silver" level - is it a good/allowable thing to book our son into THEIR cabin for the reason of allowing them to book excursions etc. on the gold timeline rather than silver?

OR..... is it based on the adults in the room and it would not help them to have our "Golden" child on their reservation. LOL (couldn't resist)!

I may be wrong, and I know I'll get corrected if so, but I believe that putting your son on the other room would in fact give that stateroom Gold status. The privileges are based on the highest level of a guest in a stateroom and I don't think it matters if that guest is a minor.

Folks with actual experience will be able to tell us for sure.

Not a problem. CC level is based on the highest level of any passenger in the stateroom, including a child. People often book a child in with grandparents for this very reason.

Enjoy your cruise!

Putting your son on their room reservation would in fact give them "GOLD" welcome gift. That's it. You can book him in their room and get a key made to your room for him if you want him to sleep in your room. They don't care where his sleeps. If he stays in your room, let your room host know. You can link the reservations and then when you do the on-line check in you can check the finances information to make his charges, including tips and other purchases to go to your bill.

We have done this a few times when sailing with other family and friends. Yes, they get all the gold benefits of earlier bookings for excursions etc. it also means that you can book Palo reservations together rather than waiting for their silver booking window to open. If they are booked in a lower category stateroom you also pay for your DS at their rate. Of course if theirs is higher you have to pay more. When it comes time for tips just make sure it goes to the right person if you end up with different stateroom hosts. If your rooms are close you are likely to have the same host so this will not matter. Another thing to consider is if you plan to get a photo package make sure that all the photos get linked to your stateroom only because the packages are per stateroom.

Be aware that his muster station would be for the cabin he is booked in, with his grandparents, which may be different than your own.

I would only do this if you are certain they will go. If they later cancel, you may not be able to add him to your room due to the muster station capacity at the time.

Thanks to everyone for your replies! Some things I didn't think of, and I appreciate it!

I would only do this if you are certain they will go. If they later cancel, you may not be able to add him to your room due to the muster station capacity at the time.

oh, good point! i would not have thought of this.

oh, good point! i would not have thought of this.

Just book him in with a. Silver, then put one silver in with you. If they subsequently cancel you can move your son back into your room and it's just a name change, not a numbers change.

But how does this affect travel insurance? We are traveling with friends who live just across the state line so they are from Pa and we are from Md and we will be booking travel insurance.....does having our child (15) in their room and their child in our room mess up the insurance? As we have to get insurance for each family separately. Would it make a difference?

But how does this affect travel insurance? We are traveling with friends who live just across the state line so they are from Pa and we are from Md and we will be booking travel insurance.....does having our child (15) in their room and their child in our room mess up the insurance? As we have to get insurance for each family separately. Would it make a difference?

If you're purchasing cruise insurance separately, then it makes no difference. You just include your child's cost in your insurance. I have no idea how that would work if using Disney's insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter