• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An AP Virgin Eats the World - 10/21-10/31 with PICS! ***Completed on 1/31***

Quacktatty

DIS Veteran
I promised myself I'd never do this, but yet here I am - a pre-dining review!

I leave in 9 short days for a much anticipated 11 day trip to the World. I'm a first time AP holder (or I will be once I get there) and I'll also be getting Tables in Wonderland.

It's a mostly solo trip although I'll be meeting up with a DIS friend for a meal and some Food and Wine demonstrations.

You can expect to see reviews and lots of pictures from the following places:

Whispering Canyon Cafe
Sci-Fi
'Ohana
Boma
Jiko x 2
Le Cellier

Lots of counter service and snacks

And some F&W demos:
Chopin Vodka
Robert Irvine
Claire Clark
Jean-Pierre Wybauw
Andrew Zimmern x 2

I also have two days at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure that I'll include.

I did a dining review last year which you can read here:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2063694

You may even see some LIVE! posting if I find time and I have the patience to post on my iPhone.

***Update***

I'm back and ready to share all my food reviews with everyone - you will see the reviews from the following places:
Earl of Sandwich - Page 1
Magic Kingdom Snacks - Page 2
Captain Cooks - Page 2
Everything Pop - Page 3
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Page 3
F&W Booths - Page 3
Everything Pop - Page 3
Everything Pop - Page 3
Sci-Fi - Page 3
Chopin Vodka Tasting - Page 3
Disney Hollywood Studios Snack - Page 3
Everything Pop - Page 3
Everything Pop - Page 4
Flame Tree BBQ - Page 4
Animal Kingdom Snacks - Page 4
Claire Clark (The French Laundry) Demo - Page 4
'Ohana - Page 5
Boma - Page 5
Robert Irvine (Dinner: Impossible) Demo - Page 5
T-Rex - Page 6
The Mara - Page 6
Blondie's (@ Islands of Adventure) - Page 6
F&W Booths Part 2 - Page 7
The Mara - Page 7
Midway Grill (@ Universal Studios) - Page 7
Snacks @ Universal Studios - Page 7
Mara - Page 7
Jiko - Page 7
AKL In-Room Dining - Page 8
Pizzafari - Page 8
Animal Kingdom Snack - Page 8
Victoria Falls - Page 8
Jiko - Page 8
Sunshine Seasons - Page 9
LeCellier - Page 9
Mara - Page 9
Main St. Bakery - Page 9
Casey's Corner - Page 9
Andrew Zimmern #1 - Page 9
F&W Booths Part 3 - Page 10
F&W Booths Part 4 - Page 10
Andrew Zimmern #2 - Page 10
World Showcase Snacking - Page 11

Enjoy!

I'll try to keep everything tidy for you when I leave. :laughing:

I'm in! Hope you have a great time, great weather and great eats! (and drinks :laughing:)

Have a great time!

Out trips actually overlap and we are also going to the Robert Irving and Andrew Zimmern (Oct 30th one) seminars ... little nervous about what Andrew is going to prepare so close to Halloween given what he normally eats on his show :rotfl:

I'll try to keep everything tidy for you when I leave. :laughing:
Much appreciated! Have a great time!

have a great time :thumbsup2
Thanks!

I'm in! Hope you have a great time, great weather and great eats! (and drinks :laughing:)
The weather is shaping up to be pretty good if the extended forecast is true!

Have a quacktacular time and if you see us staggering around please say hello! :goodvibes
I sure will. Actually - I think we might be at the same Chopin Vodka tasting on the 23rd...I'll say hello!

Have a great time!
Thanks!

Out trips actually overlap and we are also going to the Robert Irving and Andrew Zimmern (Oct 30th one) seminars ... little nervous about what Andrew is going to prepare so close to Halloween given what he normally eats on his show :rotfl:
I am nervous about him too! I can't believe I'm doing it twice actually. I'm kind of a picky eater, although I'll try anything once. He's pretty cool though, I'd gladly pay $8 just to watch him cook and speak even if I didn't get a sample and a glass of wine to go with it.

Let's get this party started!

After getting my luggage and rental car, my first stop was Downtown Disney. I was on a mission, a mission for Earl of Sandwich. I had been fondly remembering Earl's Best BLT for the last 13 months or so and it I knew it had to be my first meal in the World.

I had a detour to make though - Guest Relations. I needed to exchange my AP Voucher and get my Tables in Wonderland card. For $75 the TiW card is actually a pretty cool thing. If you are traveling with 2 or more people the card would certainly pay for itself in one trip. With a 20% discount for Food AND Alcohol you need only spend $375 at Table Service and some counter service restaurants to get your monies worth. I didn't quite make it on this trip, but the next one will put me over the edge. I'll be reporting my savings as this report goes along.

b2599d91.jpg

Even though I arrived at lunch time, there wasn't too long of a line at EOS. I knew exactly what I wanted, the Best BLT, macaroni salad and a coke. I got my buzzer and grabbed my drink, but had to wait a little bit for the food to actually come. Someone in line in front of me had ordered at least 12 sandwiches and about 8 bowls of soup so the expediter was busy with that order. Eventually my sandwich was ready - I knew it was mine, but for some reason my buzzer never went off. I went up to the counter and just told the guy my number and he gave me my BLT.

I went to sit outside since it was a beautiful days (and one of the few days on my trip where it wasn't too hot to be eating outdoors).

Sadly, the BLT was NOT as good as I remembered it being. It was still delicious, don't get me wrong, but I must have had an exceptionally good one last September because this time it wasn't quite as mouth watering. The macaroni salad however was great and as good as I remembered it being. I think my favorite part of the Earl's sandwiches is the bread, it's really soft and warm and truly makes the sandwich.

45aea5bc.jpg

Hi! I'm in. Earl of Sandwich is awesome!!

Looking forward to more.

Great start; I'm here for the rest. We've never done EOS and will have to be sure to give it a try. popcorn::

After eating lunch and checking in at Pop Century I made my way to the Magic Kingdom. My first stop was Tomorrowland where I did some attractions and then grabbed a Cream Cheese Pretzel from The Lunching Pad to eat while I walked the secret path from Tomorrowland to Toontown.

6e51c854.jpg

The pretzel was warm and soft and the cream cheese was gooey and delicious. This is my traditional first MK snack of the vacation.

After some more attractions I found myself in Adventureland. Everyone knows there is only one snack worth having in Adventureland - The Dole Whip Float! I once again proved that it takes exactly as long to eat a Dole Whip Float as it does to walk through the Swiss Family Treehouse. This picture is from last year, but the one I got this year looked exactly the same :thumbsup2

9bbba2fa.jpg

I realized about halfway through eating it that I had forgotten to snap a photo, it was too good to wait for!

subscribing love the cream cheese pretzels..they use to serve jalapeno and cream creese in tomorrow land now they only sell cream cheese...the jalapeno ones I can find in animal kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter