• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I totally nuts?

aggielawyer

DIS Veteran
I just got a quote for the podcast cruise as a solo. I don't know anyone else that would want to go with me, and I've been wanting to do a Disney cruise for years. I don't know any of y'all, but I figured the podcast cruise would be my best option...then I might have a shot at getting seated with other disers at dinner. But other than that I could probably go the whole time and not talk to anyone else. I've been to Disney solo once and loved it--is it completely crazy to be thinking about taking a cruise solo? Will you guys let me be part of your group? :flower3:

I still haven't decided yet, but I'm seriously thinking about it.

Why don't you place a post looking for a roommate? That's what I did and we've since become very good friends.

Your not nuts!

I booked a cabin for two but have not convinced my DH to go...yet! If he does not go, I will be solo.

If you can do Disney solo, you can cruise solo. ( if you can call cruising with 600 Disers solo)

I went to DAP and DH did not go. A friend in Orlando for business joined me for a couple of the activities but alot of the trip I was solo. I met scores of wonderfun (wonderful + fun) Disers!

I say book a cabin. Maybe later in the year someone will want to join you, maybe you will find a Dis Roomie, maybe you will go solo. No mater what you do, you will have a blast and make new friends.

Post on the PCC 2 board and get to know some peeps. By the time you see them on the cruise you will feel like you have been friends for years!! In case you are worried..I'll be your friend! Texans Unite!

You aren't nuts. Last time (and likely this time as well) all of the DISers were seated together. You will not be alone.

When I booked the first podcast cruise in January 2008 I didn't know a single diser. I don't think I had even posted on the boards yet. I had cruised solo before and had a good time but I thought it would be fun to meet some fellow Disney fans. I may not have known anybody then but I now know hundreds of disers and have made some amazing friends. I cannot put into words what it means to me to have met such wonderful people. I didn't know it at the time but booking that cruise changed my life. The folks on the podcast board are some of the finest people I have ever met. Even though it was difficult for me I started posting on the cruise threads and got to know a lot about the other folks going on the cruise. When it finally came time to meet everyone I felt as if I already knew them. I say jump right in. Don't be afraid to book solo. Start reading and posting on the cruise thread on a regular basis. It is a little slow right now but it will pick up as the cruise gets closer. As you keep posting folks will recognize you and you will start to feel part of the group. And when you finally get on that ship you will find that you are sailing with friends, not strangers. :)

With a subject like "Am I totally nuts?", how could I not read the thread?

Maybe we are all "just a little nuts". But we are okay with it.

I really do not think any of the DISers on the cruise will be travelling solo!

The question is... Do you want to share your cabin? Can you afford the whole cabin by yourself?

I couldn't afford to pay for a cabin all for myself. I posted on the room mate wanted thread. I am very happily matched up with Tracey. Only by the fate of a mechanical problem of an airplane that stranded me in Louisville was able to meet Tracey in person. While I have gotten to know a fair number of people, I am really looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

If you want to share your cabin, let it be known by posting on the room mate thread.

We look forward to getting to know you! :flower3:
Lyn

I think it's great you want to come - and basically you'll be surrounded by friends, even if you haven't met them yet :flower3:

This is a great community, very welcoming :hug: Just jump in and say Hi :wave: and you'll soon recognise some people :goodvibes

I really do not think any of the DISers on the cruise will be travelling solo!

Very true!

I've thought about posting on the roommate thread, but since I'm such a major introvert the idea of having my own space to go to is very appealing. I can't afford a suite on my own, but I think I can pull off a cat 11. I don't mind being in steerage. ;)

I know the DIS is one big family (though maybe a little dysfunctional at times :laughing: )--that's what is really appealing about the podcast cruise.

Hmmmm, so I guess now the question is how many days can I swing before and after the cruise. Oh dear. :rolleyes:

I went on PCC 1.0 solo and had a roommate. I am going on PCC 2.0 solo without a roommate (unless something dramatic changes). Like others have said, DISers are some of the greatest friends you haven't met yet.
I went on PCC 1.0 without knowing anyone. I had met a couple DISers, but it was basically a hello and handshake. Then I started posting more and got to know some folks.
In the past 9 or 10 months these are some of the things I have done with them:
•gone on a cruise
•run the Muddy Buddy
•gone to DIS-A-Palooza
•shared in Marathon Weekend
•experienced special week with Give Kids the World
•road tripped to Chicago (twice) for meets at Doorway to Dreams

In the next 12 months these are some things I have planned:
•a vacation...wow how novel, just going to relax!
•road tripping to Doorway to Dreams
•running my first half marathon
•running the Muddy Buddy again
•having a DIS BBQ
•attending the 3rd annual Labor Day Indy DIS Meet
•sailing on PCC 2.0
•running in my first Marathon Weekend event (as yet to be determined)

I went on PCC 1.0 solo and had a roommate. I am going on PCC 2.0 solo without a roommate (unless something dramatic changes). Like others have said, DISers are some of the greatest friends you haven't met yet.
I went on PCC 1.0 without knowing anyone. I had met a couple DISers, but it was basically a hello and handshake. Then I started posting more and got to know some folks.
In the past 9 or 10 months these are some of the things I have done with them:
•gone on a cruise
•run the Muddy Buddy
•gone to DIS-A-Palooza
•shared in Marathon Weekend
•experienced special week with Give Kids the World
•road tripped to Chicago (twice) for meets at Doorway to Dreams

In the next 12 months these are some things I have planned:
•a vacation...wow how novel, just going to relax!
•road tripping to Doorway to Dreams
•running my first half marathon
•running the Muddy Buddy again
•having a DIS BBQ
•attending the 3rd annual Labor Day Indy DIS Meet
•sailing on PCC 2.0
•running in my first Marathon Weekend event (as yet to be determined)

Yes Todd I think I remember you posted a "little bit" on the PCC 1.0 cruise thread.

Very true!

I've thought about posting on the roommate thread, but since I'm such a major introvert the idea of having my own space to go to is very appealing. I can't afford a suite on my own, but I think I can pull off a cat 11. I don't mind being in steerage. ;)
I know the DIS is one big family (though maybe a little dysfunctional at times :laughing: )--that's what is really appealing about the podcast cruise.

Hmmmm, so I guess now the question is how many days can I swing before and after the cruise. Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Some of the finest DISers have booked steerage class!

Please, do come on PCC 2.0. I'm not going solo (I'll have my DD and DGD) but until I booked the cruise, I was more of a lurker than a poster. Now, I post more, I've had some questions answered and I feel I'm beginning to make some friends, and can't wait to meet them in December. You won't be alone, that's for sure. There is some talk about a few mini DIS meets before the cruise, which I'm hoping I can get to, depends on when and where they are, and what the girls and I are doing. If you can get to WDW early, maybe you could join in on one of the meets before the cruise. I plan on posting my schedule as the date gets closer and maybe hook up with some fellow DISers. (you included) Welcome!!!!

i definitely won't be able to afford going solo, but i'm probably going to end up putting down a deposit and then hopefully adding someone later. :goodvibes

Well I've paid my deposit, so unless I chicken out I'M GOING ON A CRUISE!!!

I look forward to getting to know y'all over the next few months.

With 700 (currently) of us on the ship, you will always find someone to sit, talk, hang, eat, drink, gossip, carouse, cause trouble, get in trouble, schmooze, plot, scheme, drink (yes, I've said this twice......you'll understand eventually) with.:lmao:

I'm glad you have decided to go.

It will be a trip you shan't soon forget.:thumbsup2

Well I've paid my deposit, so unless I chicken out I'M GOING ON A CRUISE!!!

I look forward to getting to know y'all over the next few months.

So glad you are joining us.
Look forward to getting to know you, Courtney.
I am guessing you are an agricultural lawyer.
I am a librarian in Maine.
Lyn

Welcome aboard Courtney!!

I am Tracey (Rooming with Lyn (Mainegal) on the PCC 2.0 ). I am going solo, but I have already made lots of DIS Friends in the last year, that It will be anything but a solo trip. Just jump in a post and you will get to know us really fast. There will be lots of official and unofficial DIS events going on through out the cruise.

If you're crazy for booking a cruise as a solo, then call me crazy, too.

I booked it immediately, no roommate. I've done WDW and DL solo, as recently as DIS-a-Palooza. I had quite a bit of fun that I am looking forward to seeing them again on the cruise. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter