Am I the only one??

Luvmyfam3

I love DVC!
I haven't been able to access ADR reservations for the past 3 hours! Any one else having this issue?? :mad: I tried switching to Explorer and then to my phone. No go.

Kim

I think Disney servers are down...you can't book hotels or anything like that either! I would try maybe a little later, or perhaps call Disney to see what the hold up is and when the servers will be back up

They have been down all day. Today is my 180+10 day and can't make 1 ADR! Ugh. They said at 7am on the phones that the system would be up @ 9am but it's still down.

I've been trying, like many, since 5am my time. I'm in Texas. Luckily I work out of the home, but it's #1 on my wife's "honey do" list for me today! I am hopeful that at some point I can achieve the "check" box.

From what I hear magic bands and the whole system is down at the parks - people are being given hard tickets to enter the parks and are being told (if they have the dining plan) to pay out of pocket and submit the receipts for reimbursement. I feel a nightmare coming on!

Wow, that's crazy. Their entire grid went down and that must include the backup systems that retain that information. Someone is going to be in hot water....

From what I hear magic bands and the whole system is down at the parks - people are being given hard tickets to enter the parks and are being told (if they have the dining plan) to pay out of pocket and submit the receipts for reimbursement. I feel a nightmare coming on!

OMG could you imagine if you didn't have enough extra money to pay for more food?

It was only a matter of time before some major breakdown occurred. Disney doesn't have the proper IT department to handle all,of,the technology they are trying to incorporate into the parks. If they want everything high tech, then they need to be willing to pay the high ticket price and get either more training or more qualified IT people down there working. They run on minimal servers, with low quality programs. It's time for Disney to step it up!

Seriously! If that is true - there are going to need to be some MAJOR customer service handouts given to people to smooth this over - we are talking free future trips...

OMG could you imagine if you didn't have enough extra money to pay for more food?
I would be absolutely LIVID! Oh watch, there will be lawsuits over it I'm sure. Then we can look for an increase in ticket and dining prices.

Last edited:
How bad would you feel if you used most of the money you had to take your kids on this trip and so you barely had any spending money at all but food was covered under the plan - and the plan suddenly doesn't work and you can't pay your bill - in front of your kids... I mean REALLY. They'd better be comping a heck of a lot of meals for people!

Exactly! One thing I love is not having to carry cash and I just carry a very very thin wallet with ID and 1 Credit Card. Food can get expensive though and what if you didn't have a card or cash with you?

Exactly! One thing I love is not having to carry cash and I just carry a very very thin wallet with ID and 1 Credit Card. Food can get expensive though and what if you didn't have a card or cash with you?

Yes! Especially if you didn't get free dining! We often pay for the dining plan because we like having it...if I already put out all that money, I may not be able to put out more, even if I will get it back later. How awful.

This sounds like the seventh ring of hell.

It was only a matter of time before some major breakdown occurred. Disney doesn't have the proper IT department to handle all,of,the technology they are trying to incorporate into the parks. If they want everything high tech, then they need to be willing to pay the high ticket price and get either more training or more qualified IT people down there working. They run on minimal servers, with low quality programs. It's time for Disney to step it up!
Totally agree. This is totally unacceptable - I can't imagine what it's like for the people at the parks today! They need to hire my hubby - he's a senior IT architect for a Global IT company. :teeth: This kind of shut down would never happen on his watch! And I'd love to move to Orlando -LOL!

what's so weird...I can't find a single tweet or google news search about it. I find that somewhat surprising really with the way everything is on there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter