Am I the only one? Who else doesn't like the bedding?

Do you like the Disney bedding: thin white covers + decorative bed scarf?

• YES! I think it's both attractive and functional. I would do this in my home!

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • NO! I think the covers are too light and don't keep me warm. Give me more weight!

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • MEH. It's fine. I don't particularly care either way.

Votes: 21 22.8%

• Total voters
I always call and ask for an extra blanket as soon as I get in the room. I just can't sleep with what they put on the bed, need that extra weight.

I prefer the new bedding that can actually be washed in between guests as opposed to the gross comforters. That being said, I do agree with others that it's easy enough to ask housekeeping for more blankets and they happily oblige. That's what we do and we are never too cold. :)

I like the new bedding for the (hopefully) cleaner than the old bedspreads aspect but I would not do this in my home LOL. I think it looks fine. I do blast the AC so agree that an additional blanket makes it more cozy. I usually bring my own or get one from housekeeping because I always wonder if the blanket in the closet has ever been washed!

I voted don't care either way. When they had the bedspreads, I always folded mine down because even though I'm the farthest thing from a germaphobe even I was leery of them. The current set up is fine if I'm solo but when I'm with my son, I have to put an extra blanket on my bed because he sets the room to subzero. Then I have a hot flash in the middle of the night and have to come out of the covers no matter what's on the bed so it really doesn't matter.

We hate plush, thick comforters. So glad they trashed them and went to the thin covers.

SO MUCH CLEANER in actuality and look.

Before:
- At night bedspreads were completely removed from the beds so no one was touching them.
- During breaks, I actually packed coverlets to lay over the bedspreads so we could relax without touching them.

Now:
- We sleep well with the washed sheet duvets. If cold; adjust thermostat or get blankets from housekeeping.
- During breaks we have no issue sitting on bed and I no longer have to pack "bedspread protection."

I usually request a couple extra blankets. Even with the current set up I'm usually sleeping with a wiggly child who steals covers so the extra blanket helps. The old bedspreads grossed me out not knowing how long it had been since they were washed last. Ick.

I call down for extra blankets as soon as I am in my room. I understand why they got rid of the nasty never washed comforters, but yeah, I need more than 1 super thin white blanket.

My bed at home consists of a sheet and a down comforter that no longer has hardly any feathers.

I'm so glad they got rid of the never washed comforters! I always took them off as soon as we got in the room!

I like how neat and tidy it is, and how it feels, honestly. But we were last there in March-April, and it was very comfortable weather. And some nights I was so exhausted I was about to fall asleep on the bus on the way back to the hotel.
The bedding felt fabulous to me when I limped into the room, collapsed onto the bed, and slept like the dead until morning.

I was freezing at AOA Cars March 15- the blanket on the sofa bed was soo thin. I actually like it to be colder when sleeping (makes my thick duvet at home feel even better!) but it wasn't very comfortable.

Thanks for doing this survey, everybody! I was interested to see that more people like the light coves than dislike them. If I were the Ruler of Disney, I would have comforters in duvets (a la Hampton Inn) that would be available on request. Do you think that would be crazy to have as an option?

I hate the thin sheet. I feel cold and "short sheeted" down by my feet. It feels skimpy and not at all luxurious. It's absolutely ridiculous that so many of us feel we have to bring comforters with us when we visit.

I would much prefer the euro style down comforters with white duvet covers, like most higher end hotels have. They feel soft and luxurious and keep you warm or cool, whatever's needed.

I like the bed covers, but that is all I have on my bed at home. Never have gotten into the comforters and duvets.

I put meh because I honestly don't think my family even notices/cares what is on the beds. We spend pretty much every minute we are awake in the parks and are often there during spring break when MK may be open till 2am. After a full day in the parks, returning to the hotel at around 3am and being up at 7:30am every morning we are asleep so quick after getting in the bed there isn't time to realize we're cold!

I loved the bedding at AKL! Soft, snowy white, lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter