Am I the only one? Who else doesn't like the bedding?

Do you like the Disney bedding: thin white covers + decorative bed scarf?

• YES! I think it's both attractive and functional. I would do this in my home!

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • NO! I think the covers are too light and don't keep me warm. Give me more weight!

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • MEH. It's fine. I don't particularly care either way.

Votes: 21 22.8%

• Total voters

GBBTomorrow

DIS Veteran
I am an absolute Disney Zealot of the first magnitude. That being said, I have had a slight pet peeve with the Mouse the last few years: the bedding. Ever since the switch to the uber-thin white covers and useless "bed scarves," I am cold and uncomfortable in Disney beds. When I stay in a room with two beds, I will actually take the covers off the second bed and layer them on the one I'm using. I have gotten spoiled by the Westin's "Heavenly Bed," and even the Hampton Inn's big, fluffy comforters.

Who's with me and believes the scourge of the ridiculous bed scarf as GOT TO GO??

I like the clean look but I easily get cold especially when my sister and friend love to keep the temp down!
I also like having a certain amount of weight on my body.
I was not a big fan of the 100lb bedspreads but the ones they used to have prior to the super heavy ones were fine. They were a normal hotel weight.

I'd be happy if they just made the middle sheet that is supposed to be the "blanket" a bit more like a blanket.

I've started bringing a Disney plush fleece blanket that I bought a few years ago along with me to use.

I always bring a fleece blanket or a quilt with me when I stay in any hotel because no hotel ever has enough blankets to make me happy.

I always need to request extra blankets. I voted I like them because comforters are dis-gus-ting but I need more warmth. We keep the air low because we need the noise of the AC. It's a constant battle.

I first said "Meh" but changed my vote to "Yes" because the thick hotel bedspreads really, really disgust me! There is no way to get a hotel room absolutely clean, but I have seen too many Dateline types of shows on the funk that is on the heavy bedspreads that rarely ever get washed. At least these are laundered properly - and obviously bleached - so I know they are as clean as I am going to get away from home. We've always had extra blankets in the closets, but I would request them (or bring a favorite throw from home) if needed.

As for the bed scarf - it is not put there for the guest to use for warmth. It's put there to be a layer between your luggage and the bedding while you unpack. That way anything that is on the bottom of your suitcase is not transferred to the bed.

While I'm glad the old bedspreads that rarely got washed are gone, I do wish the blanket was a little heavier. I sleep better with the room a bit on the cool side but under a heavy comforter.

I always ask housekeeping to bring extra blankets because we like the room cool at night!

I'm so torn on this because I think hotel bedspreads are absolutely disgusting...but I also remember freezing on our last trip. That was in January 2016, though, and it was ridiculously cold outside, so maybe I'd feel differently if it was summer.

Agree that the Westin's "Heavenly Bed" is amazing! Hampton Inn is usually more in our budget, and I like to stay there because they (at least say they) wash all the bedding between guests, and not just the sheets.

I always have the opposite problem. I get too warm, and I'm trying to get just a sheet to cover up with, without the sandwiched blanket. I have stayed at hotels that sandwich a duvet instead of a blanket, and felt like I was sleeping in a sauna! It's pretty rare for me to get cold at night (I don't even run heat in the house in the winter like many Floridians do).

I like the look and the cleanliness of the new bedding though.

my boyfriend and I kept taking all the sheets off the other bed and putting them on ours... the extra blanket they brought was still not enough, and we had the heat going. Then again it was freezing when we were down there so that could've been it... but either way neither of us found the bedding comfortable.

Love them as-is!!

It's my same philosophy as why I like cold weather better than hot: you can always put more layers on if needed.

I just request more blankets. I like the look of the sheet/blanket deal they are using, but it just doesn't keep me warm enough!!!!

Can extra blankets be requested before arrival? Can you ask at check in or do you need to call from the room?

I'd never considered asking for extra blankets, though I do find the rooms cold in general, especially at night. We don't have AC at home (don't need it in the UK) and find it either automatically resets/is reset by Housekeeping to a level which is much too cold to be comfortable. I usually get it wrong the first night and am chilly, but get it sussed by that and just turn the temperature up (once I've figured out how to get it in Celsius so I understand it! ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter