ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two resort choices are GF and Poly mickeynut1! Im so stuck between Poly and GF and I almost hoped we would get switched to GF like some ppl are (doubt it since we are CL) but DH said NO not this time he really wanted Poly, since we stayed GF last yr..lol

My two resort choices are GF and Poly mickeynut1! Im so stuck between Poly and GF and I almost hoped we would get switched to GF like some ppl are (doubt it since we are CL) but DH said NO not this time he really wanted Poly, since we stayed GF last yr..lol

LOL about your DH. I asked my DH about staying GF instead of CR in December but he really wants to try the CR, so we're doing CR and Poly. I'm excited to try the CR, but the GF is just :cloud9:. The Poly is our favorite, but the GF is also a great resort.

Welcome to the Poly thread :goodvibes. It's anybody's guess whether or not discounts will come out for Easter. Spring break/Easter is usually blacked out for discounts, but that's not to say it can never happen. If you do book now and a discount comes out for your dates, you can have the discount applied to your existing reservation as long as the resort/room type you have booked is available under that promo. Having a reservation in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied, so sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort choice.

Thank you! :rotfl: And thanks for the info! I had figured it might be blacked out, esp since I just read about some new pin codes released for 2014 and the dates ended RIGHT before easter break :sad1: i'll have to look into other resorts. what are people's opinion on the wilderness lodge?

Thank you! :rotfl: And thanks for the info! I had figured it might be blacked out, esp since I just read about some new pin codes released for 2014 and the dates ended RIGHT before easter break :sad1: i'll have to look into other resorts. what are people's opinion on the wilderness lodge?

You're welcome :). Our favorite resort is the Poly, but the WL ranks a very close second for us. The WL is a beautiful resort and although it's not on the monorail, it's still very convenient to MK via boat. One (of many) great things about the WL is that it's still a deluxe resort close to MK, but doesn't cost as much as the monorail resorts. Not every resort's theme appeals to everybody, but if the WL appeals to you, I would check it out as it really is a great resort :goodvibes.

You're welcome :). Our favorite resort is the Poly, but the WL ranks a very close second for us. The WL is a beautiful resort and although it's not on the monorail, it's still very convenient to MK via boat. One (of many) great things about the WL is that it's still a deluxe resort close to MK, but doesn't cost as much as the monorail resorts. Not every resort's theme appeals to everybody, but if the WL appeals to you, I would check it out as it really is a great resort :goodvibes.

GREAT to know! I have to say, I have always overlooked WL - I feel like it's one of those hidden gems (though it's not really hidden)! I guess it sort of gets pushed to the side when it comes to the other MK resorts since it's not on the monorail line.

GREAT to know! I have to say, I have always overlooked WL - I feel like it's one of those hidden gems (though it's not really hidden)! I guess it sort of gets pushed to the side when it comes to the other MK resorts since it's not on the monorail line.

I agree.....I think a lot of people forget about it being a MK resort because it's not on the monorail. I also agree that it's a "hidden gem" because it really is a beautiful, relaxing resort and a lot of people that stay there for the first time are just amazed at how much they liked it and wish they would have tried it sooner. This, of course, doesn't include everybody that stays there, but the WL does have a good following :goodvibes. The WL FAQ is a great place to get lots of information ;).

mickeynut1 said:
I agree.....I think a lot of people forget about it being a MK resort because it's not on the monorail. I also agree that it's a "hidden gem" because it really is a beautiful, relaxing resort and a lot of people that stay there for the first time are just amazed at how much they liked it and wish they would have tried it sooner. This, of course, doesn't include everybody that stays there, but the WL does have a good following :goodvibes. The WL FAQ is a great place to get lots of information ;).

Yes, the pictures look wonderful!!! We are planning on staying there next year. I like the fact that we can still take the boat to MK if we like, although it will be different taking a bus to EPCOT vs walking over to the TTC and hoping on the monorail. I want to experience the other resorts and I figured the WL would a great one to start out with....baby steps, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Yes, the pictures look wonderful!!! We are planning on staying there next year. I like the fact that we can still take the boat to MK if we like, although it will be different taking a bus to EPCOT vs walking over to the TTC and hoping on the monorail. I want to experience the other resorts and I figured the WL would a great one to start out with....baby steps, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

We love taking the boat to MK. The WL really is a beautiful resort and I'm sure you're going to love it :goodvibes.

Hi All! Well, I finally got the photos off my camera so I thought I'd do a mini trip review. I'm gonna break this up into a few posts. This one will be some pics of our room.

As you may recall, we were booked CL TPV and were initially put into a 2nd floor (no balcony) room. I have to say that I really disliked the no balcony. Now, I know I've read some reviews from people who didn't mind this set up at all. So, take this for what it's worth...just my opinion. Here are a few pics to give you an idea of what the no-balcony set up is like. This picture was taken with the drapes pulled back all the way:

For reference, the only part of the door that slides open is the far right third panel. I took a picture of my daughter standing in the open doorway to give you some perspective:

As you can see, only 1 or maybe 2 people can stand in front of the open door part at any one time. There is no way that our family of 4 could have stood at the open door and comfortably watched Wishes. The next day we were moved to a 3rd floor room and I have to say it was SO MUCH BETTER! What a difference having the full balcony made for us. We could all stand out there (or sit for that matter) and watch the fireworks. Not only that, the full balcony gives you the ability to take in the entire view, left to right. In the 2nd floor room our view was really restricted from a left-to-right perspective.

After experiencing both types of room, it really is hard for me to believe that both of these TPV rooms come at the same rate. And, honestly, my one and only hesitation in booking CL TPV again is the fear that I might be put into a 2nd floor room. The experience between the two types of rooms was like night and day in terms of our enjoyment of the outdoors. I guess we are just balcony people. :goodvibes We used the balcony multiple times per day during our trip and I would be really bummed to not be able to sit outside with a TPV room.

OK...enough on that subject...On the 2nd day of our stay we were moved to the beautiful and stunning room 3506 on the 3rd floor. Here is the same pic as last time, except now you can see we have a full balcony:

Standing on the balcony, here is the view looking left:

The view looking straight ahead:

And the view looking right:

As you can see, with the full balcony we were able to see the whole outdoor scene from left to right. Awesome!!! :cool1:

Here are some pics of the EWP and the fireworks from our balcony. And, yes, I was kicking myself for not having brought my tripod. Boy those firework pics are tough to get without one! Here you go:

So, overall we loved the room and the Poly!! Only a few negatives: we really missed having a full length mirror and a clothesline in the shower area. We had both of those things at YC in April so we noticed their absence this trip.

Now for the positives: We loved the bathroom area overall. It was nice and big with plenty of room for storage. As far as the towel rack not being near the shower, we just put the towels on the counter before we showered. Not a big deal. We did use the towel bars in front of the sinks for drying wet bathing suits.

The room overall also had plenty of storage.

My DS10 slept on the daybed and was super comfortable! My DD13 loved having her own bed!

Mousekeeping was great! We got lots of towel animals! And, they always managed to sneak into the room and clean when we were out. Never had a problem with them showing up when we were in the room or resting. Awesome job by the housekeeping CMs!!

We also loved the large size of the Poly rooms. This was our first stay at the Poly and it is now our favorite resort! Wishes from the lounge, beach and our room was spectacular!

Any questions about the room just ask away! I have some lounge / food pics that I will post in a bit!

CT Disney said:
Hi All! Well, I finally got the photos off my camera so I thought I'd do a mini trip review. I'm gonna break this up into a few posts. This one will be some pics of our room.

As you may recall, we were booked CL TPV and were initially put into a 2nd floor (no balcony) room. I have to say that I really disliked the no balcony. Now, I know I've read some reviews from people who didn't mind this set up at all. So, take this for what it's worth...just my opinion. Here are a few pics to give you an idea of what the no-balcony set up is like. This picture was taken with the drapes pulled back all the way:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/IMG_3134_zpscebcf396.jpg.html

For reference, the only part of the door that slides open is the far right third panel. I took a picture of my daughter standing in the open doorway to give you some perspective:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/IMG_3131_zps40684a20.jpg.html

As you can see, only 1 or maybe 2 people can stand in front of the open door part at any one time. There is no way that our family of 4 could have stood at the open door and comfortably watched Wishes. The next day we were moved to a 3rd floor room and I have to say it was SO MUCH BETTER! What a difference having the full balcony made for us. We could all stand out there (or sit for that matter) and watch the fireworks. Not only that, the full balcony gives you the ability to take in the entire view, left to right. In the 2nd floor room our view was really restricted from a left-to-right perspective.

After experiencing both types of room, it really is hard for me to believe that both of these TPV rooms come at the same rate. And, honestly, my one and only hesitation in booking CL TPV again is the fear that I might be put into a 2nd floor room. The experience between the two types of rooms was like night and day in terms of our enjoyment of the outdoors. I guess we are just balcony people. :goodvibes We used the balcony multiple times per day during our trip and I would be really bummed to not be able to sit outside with a TPV room.

OK...enough on that subject...On the 2nd day of our stay we were moved to the beautiful and stunning room 3506 on the 3rd floor. Here is the same pic as last time, except now you can see we have a full balcony:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/IMG_3973_zpsd3310a55.jpg.html

Standing on the balcony, here is the view looking left:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/IMG_4261_zpsaa492c97.jpg.html

The view looking straight ahead:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/IMG_4381_zps6f12dd68.jpg.html

And the view looking right:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/IMG_3970_zpsf4c3a584.jpg.html

As you can see, with the full balcony we were able to see the whole outdoor scene from left to right. Awesome!!! :cool1:

Here are some pics of the EWP and the fireworks from our balcony. And, yes, I was kicking myself for not having brought my tripod. Boy those firework pics are tough to get without one! Here you go:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/CRW_4046_zpsd648177a.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/IMG_4051_zps69f9253b.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/CRW_4174_zps0a1f357d.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/CRW_4187_zps4e255326.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/CRW_4093_zps2490c425.jpg.html

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/ctdis/media/Poly Room/CRW_4200_zps378d3b4c.jpg.html

So, overall we loved the room and the Poly!! Only a few negatives: we really missed having a full length mirror and a clothesline in the shower area. We had both of those things at YC in April so we noticed their absence this trip.

Now for the positives: We loved the bathroom area overall. It was nice and big with plenty of room for storage. As far as the towel rack not being near the shower, we just put the towels on the counter before we showered. Not a big deal. We did use the towel bars in front of the sinks for drying wet bathing suits.

The room overall also had plenty of storage.

My DS10 slept on the daybed and was super comfortable! My DS13 loved having her own bed!

Mousekeeping was great! We got lots of towel animals! And, they always managed to sneak into the room and clean when we were out. Never had a problem with them showing up when we were in the room or resting. Awesome job by the housekeeping CMs!!

We also loved the large size of the Poly rooms. This was our first stay at the Poly and it is now our favorite resort! Wishes from the lounge, beach and our room was spectacular!

Any questions about the room just ask away! I have some lounge / food pics that I will post in a bit!

Thank you for sharing. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I agree with you on the 2nd floor. The past 3 yrs our room has had a balcony and I can't imagine not having one. It's so nice to just sit out there and take in the view and the sounds of the resort music. That TPV looks absolutely amazing!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Hey all we are home. I do have to say the Poly really spoiled us. We did club level at Portofino Bay and it was nothing like the Poly. Just mine and my dh's opinion but they seem to nickle and dime you even at club level. It is not a place we will stay again. The boys had a great time at Universal although it was blistering hot. We found that there wasn't really anything I could ride. If we do Universal again we will drop the boys off for the day and then go pick them up. I have to say the statement "This sure isn't like the Poly" came out of both dh's and my mouth on more than one occasion. Even the staff were not as nice as at the Poly. We got attitude on more than one occasion. Now I know two different theme parks and two different owners of resorts but they would do well by taking notes from Disney. Please don't flame me for my views on Portofino Bay but it's our experience and opinion and may not be the experience or opinion of others.

On the alcohol in Disney. I am totally not against people having a few drinks and having fun. Dh and I had a drink while we were up there. What bothers me is people getting totally hammered. I see at least one or two on each of our trips into Epcot at night. I know it is there prerogative to do as they wish. I guess I just don't get it. Also when it effects me as it did the night coming out of Epcot when the guy almost fell on me it is a bit upsetting.

I would not say our dog was upset about us being gone but dh just left to go get dinner and my tiny little multi-shu just let out a howl like I have never heard. She has cried in the past when we leave but never howled like that. Freaked me out a bit when she did it.

Awww poor thing thought he was leaving again.. Lol

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

CT Disney Love the pictures, Thank you for shareing :love: I would not care for a second floor either and I agree they really should make the 2nd floor a lower priced catagory.

CT Disney Love the pictures, Thank you for shareing :love: I would not care for a second floor either and I agree they really should make the 2nd floor a lower priced catagory.

They really should!! Just how a full verandah on a cruise is a little more expensive than an obstructed verandah. :thumbsup2

I would hate to pay for TPV and be on the 2nd floor. You really get a better deal for the cost by getting on the 3rd floor!

I have tons of pictures I need to figure out how to download and post. I even took pictures of things people ask questions about like the kinds of coffees and the type of machine in the CL lounge. I tried to think of everything while I was taking pictures.

I have tons of pictures I need to figure out how to download and post. I even took pictures of things people ask questions about like the kinds of coffees and the type of machine in the CL lounge. I tried to think of everything while I was taking pictures.

I took picture of some girl sleeping on the bus. Yeah.

Katie

I took picture of some girl sleeping on the bus. Yeah. But I had a really great time!

Katie

I had a blast taking the pictures. I couldn't sleep one night and I just wandered around taking pictures. It was relaxing and fun. As I wandered around I tried to think of things people ask about, like the coffees, machines, cabanas etc. It was a really nice night.

Glad you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see your pictures. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter