ALOHA! The Poly FAQ~ Spring 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready for our family's first WDW trip in August and are excited to be staying at the Poly thanks to the 40% offer. Info here has been so helpful but I do have a few questions. Thinking of ordering a full size crib from an outside company, but wondering how crowded the room would be if I do that. Is there space for a crib and still room for 2 adults and another kid to roam around the room and access the balcony/patio doors? Also, I've requested bed rails but know they are on an "as available" basis. Has anyone ever found upon arrival that they are out of them? Wondering if my chances are good to get some from hotel or if I should also order them from offsite. Thanks again for all the great advice!:wizard:

It sounds like the pool still has issues with overcrowding, but at least my youngest is now 9 so I don't have to watch her every move in the pool. On our last visit one afternoon when we could not find a seat of any sorts to sit in by the pool. My dh had no problem asking one of the lifeguards about the crowds. No sooner had he asked the lifeguard, did we see a lifeguard walking around checking resort id's, and sure enough a couple of families were asked to leave.

Awesome! It's nice to hear the lifeguards check IDs if you let them know it's getting too crowded.

I will be there 9/18 - 9/25. You can see the pic of my family in my avatar. It's a tad small and it was taken last year but that's pretty much us. My husband gets mistaken for Brett Favre at Disney so look for a guy that kind of looks like him (I see the resemblence but it isn't that much alike IMO!) We are bringing friends of ours (a couple about our age) who will be going for their FIRST time EVER!!! We will be at the pool EVERY AFTERNOON. I will be the one hunting for a shaded table which if I snag it, I will happily share :lovestruc And I will definitely have tropical drinks in BOTH hands :lmao: I have lime green mickey heads and God help me if I remember them...but I'll try and put them on the table or near my chair (if I can get one) so it's obvious that I'm a DISer.

I can't wait :woohoo:

We are arriving early on 9/18. We are driving down after work on the 17th and staying off-site, getting up before the crack of dawn, and heading to the Poly. We should be there by 7am!!

We are only staying until 9/21, though.

We will be the ones with the LOUD toddler. Seriously, she doesn't have an inside voice. It's going to be me, DH, DD8, DD17 months, DH's mom, and DH's grandma.

I'm sure we'll be seeing y'all by the pool!

We'll be there at the same time too!! Sept 20-27th with DH (for our honeymoon) and it's his first trip to Disney ever! My first at the Poly though!!
:woohoo:

Hi there! :wave2: Look for us too! We'll be there 9/18 - 9/25. Our current plan is to get up at the crack of dawn on 9/18 and drive all the way from Atlanta. Make it to Poly by 3 pm.

Cast:
- DS is 5.5 (looks like he's 7),
- DD will be 3 (looks like 2).
- DH and I are both 37.

I'll see if I can go to Home Depot and get the alien green mickeys. :beach:

OMG, me too!! I saw my countdown calendar today said 15 days and I suddenly feel like running home and pulling out suitcases, LOL.

How old is your youngest son? My DS 7 loves making new friends and we plan on spending a lot of time at the pool, LOL!! I have a feeling we will be running into you a lot at the pool and the lounge (since we are going at almost the same time - 4th thru 14th for us).

My youngest is 7 too! I'm sure we'll be crossing paths.

And I have to admit that I do have my suitcases out and am compiling things. But partly because we have to go to my BIL's wedding this Friday in Galveston. We'll just be gone for one night since my two oldest leave for sleep away camp on Sunday afternoon. My youngest and I will go to Austin for a few nights so see my friend's new house and my husband has a business trip. So I've got camp bags, wedding bags, business trip bag, Austin bag and Disney bags! My formal living room is a wreck! But at least it will make the next two weeks speed by.

You have three boys one is 7,4 and how old is the third? :flower3:

I can't believe you have so much on your plate, I just have to get my daughter through cheer camp this week and nothing else on my schedule, I feel like when my schedule is full there are obstacles in my way of my disney trip, isn't that nuts? But in essense staying busy makes time go by faster.. I have no logic when it comes to WDW..

Tinkerbellie--great pic!

We have no pictures of the whole family. DH and I try to be the first one to grab the camera so we won't have to be in pictures. It's quite comical to watch, I'm sure.

Vinotinto--we are heading down from the Atlanta area on the 17th after school/work. We've found that we enjoy ourselves more if we drive at night, stay at some off-site hotel (we usually use Priceline and it's worked well for us) and then get up around 5:30 or 6 and head to our "real" resort.

We used to get up at about 3am and drive down, but that makes for a very long day.

I am so excited for Poly!

Oh, and DH got me a Lapu Lapu in May and he wouldn't show me the receipt. I found it while I was doing our after trip numbers and I believe it was $13. It lasted me for a looong time, but it was good.

I had always said I wanted to try one when we'd go because I'd always see people with them at Ohana. Of course, the one time I do get one, I see nobody with them and felt like people were staring. Oh well, I enjoyed it anyway.
:thumbsup2

I think I remember that you can get soy milk at the Poly. Can anyone verify this for me?

Thanks!!

If you are on the DIS you can click near the top of the page where it says Theme Parks and then look up the park hours and show schedules from that page. And surprisingly they've updated the official site calendar. When you are on the calendar month view, you can click on an individual day. They've also updated the travel agents calendar...I just google that one.

So, anyway, I looked it up and yes they did add a 10:30 showing of Fantasmic on August 3rd. Have a great trip!

Thank you so much...for both how to find it, and the GREAT news! This makes our life soo much easier (when it comes to seeing F!). :goodvibes On the other hand, I guess it means bigger crowds are expected...:eek:

Could someone please confirm the list of H2O products provided in GV rooms?
This will be our first (of many I'm sure) stay at the Poly.
I'm an obsessive planner & am getting ready to get that sort of thing together.
TIA, Tammy

I had always said I wanted to try one when we'd go because I'd always see people with them at Ohana. Of course, the one time I do get one, I see nobody with them and felt like people were staring. Oh well, I enjoyed it anyway.
:thumbsup2

They were staring b/c they were jealous! I say this to myself every time someone stares..LOL It seems to work for me! :rotfl:

I'm stressing out a bit, because it seems they removed a F! on the night we have the package booked!! I'll have to call to confirm, but hopefully its a mistake!

I think I remember that you can get soy milk at the Poly. Can anyone verify this for me?

Thanks!!

Yes, it is available--not sure which flavors, but I remember seeing it.

Could someone please confirm the list of H2O products provided in GV rooms?
This will be our first (of many I'm sure) stay at the Poly.
I'm an obsessive planner & am getting ready to get that sort of thing together.
TIA, Tammy

H2O: Shower gel, bath/facial bar soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and solar relief gel. I think that covers it. :thumbsup2

My youngest is 7 too! I'm sure we'll be crossing paths.

And I have to admit that I do have my suitcases out and am compiling things. But partly because we have to go to my BIL's wedding this Friday in Galveston. We'll just be gone for one night since my two oldest leave for sleep away camp on Sunday afternoon. My youngest and I will go to Austin for a few nights so see my friend's new house and my husband has a business trip. So I've got camp bags, wedding bags, business trip bag, Austin bag and Disney bags! My formal living room is a wreck! But at least it will make the next two weeks speed by.

LOL - yes, with all that going on, you won't have to worry about waiting for your trip. It will be here soooo quick ;)

Ahhh, Texas!! All of my Mom's family is in Texas so I have spent many vacations there myself (that is usually my summer destination). My Mom lives here in So. Cal but also has a place outside of Austin (near her family). I am actually missing our trip to Schlitterbahn this year (but I'm sure we will make due with BB and TL, LOL).

LOL - yes, with all that going on, you won't have to worry about waiting for your trip. It will be here soooo quick ;)

Ahhh, Texas!! All of my Mom's family is in Texas so I have spent many vacations there myself (that is usually my summer destination). My Mom lives here in So. Cal but also has a place outside of Austin (near her family). I am actually missing our trip to Schlitterbahn this year (but I'm sure we will make due with BB and TL, LOL).

The Schlitterbahn is so much fun! I think the whole Austin/San Antonio area is a great place to vacation.

So when are you going to start packing? I don't want to feel like a packing freak!:lmao:

Thanks!!

We are staying CL next week, and when I called and spoke with them they told me soy milk is available upon request at breakfast in the lounge .... I don't ever remember seeing sold at CC, but it may be offered at Kona upon request.

Now I CAN tell you every place at the MK that has it ! LOL:thumbsup2 If you need that info....

I was also assured that there would be Silk available in the club lounge. I believe I was told in the past that all resorts carry it though things may have changed (this stuff is always subject to change at any time). Based on our experience at other resorts and in restaurants I'd bet that they'll have vanilla (blue carton) and maybe chocolate. My fussy DD12 is partial to very vanilla (purple carton) so we're ordering from Garden Grocer (we're ordering anyway for the first part of our split stay).

The drink I'm not counting in finding is rice milk (DD9 can't drink soy milk or animal milk).

For those of you that upgraded to CL, can you tell me how long it took you to get the upgrade? Or was it instant?

We're trying very hard to upgrade to garden view GL, but it seems like it hasn't been released yet for booking. Lagoon view was though. Trying not to stress because our trip is in 3 months!

The Schlitterbahn is so much fun! I think the whole Austin/San Antonio area is a great place to vacation.

So when are you going to start packing? I don't want to feel like a packing freak!:lmao:

Well you don't have to worry about being a packing freak alone, LOL. I haven't actually pulled the suitcases out yet, but I have had stacks/bags of things for a while now. Any time I picked up something (new goggles for the kids, moleskin, etc, etc, LOL), I added it to the WDW stash pile. That pile is overflowing now :rotfl2:

I have family in town this week but they are leaving Sunday morning so I think I will pull the suitcases out then. :yay::yay::yay:

It is going to take me a while to figure out how to get all of our stuff to FL and still meet the airlines baggage requirements, LOL.

I was also assured that there would be Silk available in the club lounge. I believe I was told in the past that all resorts carry it though things may have changed (this stuff is always subject to change at any time). Based on our experience at other resorts and in restaurants I'd bet that they'll have vanilla (blue carton) and maybe chocolate. My fussy DD12 is partial to very vanilla (purple carton) so we're ordering from Garden Grocer (we're ordering anyway for the first part of our split stay).

The drink I'm not counting in finding is rice milk (DD9 can't drink soy milk or animal milk).

My kids also drink vanilla soymilk and the Poly IPO told us to just let them know how much we would need and they would have it available for us in the lounge (I think we just have to ask them for it when we get there).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter