Allure of the Seas

Thanks! It sounds like a nice quiet place for a family breakfast!

Other less hectic places for breakfast that we like include Wipeout Cafe also on Deck 15 near the ping pong table area where they serve made-to-order omelettes and fried eggs and they bring them to your table. There are other typical breakfast items laid out in self-serve buffet style that you can munch on while waiting for your eggs. Then on Deck 6 Aft you can have breakfast at Johnny Rockets free (cover charge applies for other meals during the day). MDR breakfast is nice too if you have time to linger over breakfast. Our kids love the MDR buffet area for breakfast too where again, the fruits seem fresher and are neatly sliced rather than mashed over-ripe chunks in the Windjammer. For lunch, the MDR has a lovely made-to-order salad area and they will put all the ingredients you pick and toss and dress them for you. Besides ordering from the menu, you can help yourself at the lunch buffet area where they have other hot entree choices with international items such as curry, pad thai, etc. Finally, I have to put in a plug for Park Cafe on Deck 8 for their famous roast beef sandwich, which consists of a dinner roll packed with thick slices of prime rib with au jus or horseradish. They have a made-to-order salad area as well--if you don't want the salad, you don't have to wait in the salad line and can just go to the roast beef line. You can also get Lays and Doritos individually bagged chips there (multiple varieties), but you have to ask for them as they're behind the counter. There is a dessert counter as well. After everyone gathers their food in Park Cafe, we would find outdoor seating in the Central Park area, my favorite area of the ship for relaxation.

Other less hectic places for breakfast that we like include Wipeout Cafe also on Deck 15 near the ping pong table area where they serve made-to-order omelettes and fried eggs and they bring them to your table. There are other typical breakfast items laid out in self-serve buffet style that you can munch on while waiting for your eggs. Then on Deck 6 Aft you can have breakfast at Johnny Rockets free (cover charge applies for other meals during the day). MDR breakfast is nice too if you have time to linger over breakfast. Our kids love the MDR buffet area for breakfast too where again, the fruits seem fresher and are neatly sliced rather than mashed over-ripe chunks in the Windjammer. For lunch, the MDR has a lovely made-to-order salad area and they will put all the ingredients you pick and toss and dress them for you. Besides ordering from the menu, you can help yourself at the lunch buffet area where they have other hot entree choices with international items such as curry, pad thai, etc. Finally, I have to put in a plug for Park Cafe on Deck 8 for their famous roast beef sandwich, which consists of a dinner roll packed with thick slices of prime rib with au jus or horseradish. They have a made-to-order salad area as well--if you don't want the salad, you don't have to wait in the salad line and can just go to the roast beef line. You can also get Lays and Doritos individually bagged chips there (multiple varieties), but you have to ask for them as they're behind the counter. There is a dessert counter as well. After everyone gathers their food in Park Cafe, we would find outdoor seating in the Central Park area, my favorite area of the ship for relaxation.

Thank you so much for these tips! My family is big on breakfast, especially on vacations, and we'll definitely be trying these places out!

One more question - does Johnny Rockets serve the typical diner-style breakfast?!

One more question - does Johnny Rockets serve the typical diner-style breakfast?!

Yes, but choices are limited. It was a one-page menu with about five choices. My daughter was hoping for Eggs Benedict but it was not on the menu. DH ordered the 3 eggs any style while DD ordered French toast and DS ordered pancakes. Sides are hash brown or toast.

DSC00980.jpg

Not the best pic but this is the breakfast menu. I enjoyed my omelette & potatoes a lot!

DSC00982.jpg

We will be doing the western Caribbean in August on the Allure. My daughter has our countdown posted on the refrigerator. Only 154 more days!

We are on Allure this Thanksgiving! Anything we need to know? What excursions did you do?

When can you pre-book the shows and stuff... my dad keeps freaking out on me to do it, but I am pretty sure it's after PIF date right, like 90 days?

Thanks!
kim
We'll be on Allure over Thanksgiving, too. Did I see in your siggy that you have boys ages 7 and 9? That's our boys ages, too (although they will be 8 and 10 by Thanksgiving!). We booked last Saturday when they came out with the Kids Sail Free promo :thumbsup2. I have already booked all our shows, so those are definitely open now :woohoo:. Specialty Dining reservations are not open yet, though.

Try "the works" potatoes. It's cubed potatoes with onions, peppers, tomatoes and cheese. They are DELICIOUS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter