Alligator dragged 2 year old into 7 seas lagoon

I've seen a lot of things in life that have made me this way.

When I'm wrong I'm wrong.
Can you point me in the direction where you were wrong? I have no clue what you said, but one preliminary news conference does not establish all facts.
As I said, I have no idea what you claimed earlier. If you said a aliens came down and took the boy away I will assume you're wrong without further evidence.

MG

First of all I feel horrible for these parents and their families.

Now to the non-emotion part if my brain.

Flame Suit On:
There are signs out and down the edge of the water to stay out of the water. Not only for the alligators. There are poisonous snakes that live in the lakes. The DIS Podcast team took one of the fishing excursions and saw copperheads in the water. You don't want to get bit by one of them. And there is an amoeba that will literally eat your brain. It's is stirred up from the bottom when the water reaches summer temperatures. It's one of the reasons why they had to close River Country. Alligators are nocturnal, they grab their prey along the edges of the water.

This is a terrible tragedy, but WDW was built on swampland. And a vast majority of the land is still wild swamp.

I can't begin to fathom the pain and horror this family is going through right now. I'm sure they will want to blame themselves up for the rest of their lives, but I can't fault them at all. Never in my wildest dreams would I think an alligator might grab my son from that lake, I assumed the 'no swimming' sign meant 'no swimming', not 'no wading'. I think I remember seeing kids splashing in it before, and I don't remember a lifeguard asking them not to.

My heart breaks for everyone involved.

I was just watching it on the news and officials said the father and the toddler were wading in the water when the child was pulled in.

I saw one in the lake at Coronado Springs when I stayed there one time. It was small but still scary, especially when people walk the shore line! How sad for the family.

We saw a small one a few times when we stayed at CSR. In March when we were there they had an alligator trap set up near the bridge that goes from Cabanas 9B area to the Dig Site pool. We are going back in August.

I just feel sick over this. Can't imagine what that family is going through.

MJ

Flame Suit On:
There are signs out and down the edge of the water to stay out of the water. Not only for the alligators. There are poisonous snakes that live in the lakes. The DIS Podcast team took one of the fishing excursions and saw copperheads in the water. You don't want to get bit by one of them. And there is an amoeba that will literally eat your brain. It's is stirred up from the bottom when the water reaches summer temperatures. It's one of the reasons why they had to close River Country. Alligators are nocturnal, they grab their prey along the edges of the water.

This is a terrible tragedy, but WDW was built on swampland. And a vast majority of the land is still wild swamp.

Also why would you want to get in that water. It looks so dirty.

My heart goes out to this family. I would have to be sedated to deal with this. I can't even imagine.

Such a tragic accident. I have seen alligators in the lakes on Disney property. I have seen signs warning of alligators and to stay out of the water. But I can understand why a family from Nebraska staying in an expensive resort in the happiest place on earth wouldn't realize the potential danger in wading in the lake at night.

I just saw this on the news, and burst into tears. I've never let my kids wade in the water, but we have been on the waters edge many times, taking pictures, watching fireworks, etc. I can't even imagine what the family is going through, especially the father trying to wrestle his son away from the alligator. I'm sick just thinking about it. I consider it a freak accident, with nobody to blame. Not the parents fault, not Disney's fault, just a freak thing that nobody could have predicted. My heart goes out to the family of that poor little boy!!

OMG that poor boy! I was so shocked when I turned on the news this morning. I don't even know what to think except I hope they find him. So sad.

Being an almost Florida native (been here just over 40 years), I know that any body of water be it a large lake or small pond can have gators in it and Disney is no exception. I've seen kids splashing in the water a night when I've been there and I've cringed. This is just a sad situation :(.

Flame Suit On:

Do the signs say no swimming or stay out of the water ? Idk, but I thought they said no swimming. Which if I was from Nebraska, and maybe not so familiar with the dangers in FL I might take to mean splashing around in ankle deep water was OK.
For the record though gators hunt on land near the shore line all the time. The baby being a few yards from the water wouldn't have protected them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter