All Stars Fridge Swap Take 2 - Come Join Us - January 13 to 23 Opening - Come Join Us

Tiggs14

DIS Veteran
First and foremost a HUGE thank you to JGoin for our original fridge and to i12go2wdw for the new fridge.

BORROWED THIS FROM ANOTHER DISBOARDS FRIDGE SWAP!!!
PLEASE READ THE SWAP RULES CAREFULLY. PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE SWAP.

WHY A FRIDGE SWAP?
A fridge swap is a way to save money. Once it is donated, it will be free to others who join instead of having to pay the $15/day that the Value Resorts charge for the smaller version. It is FREE to all interested swappers.

HOW DO I JOIN THE SWAP?
First-see if your dates are available. Then PM me or post in the thread if you're interested. Please have in the title “Fridge Swap” and your dates. I'll be happy to add you if your dates are available in our swap.

WHY DO YOU NEED MY CONFIRMATION NUMBER?
If your dates overlap with another swapper, you can arrange a personal handoff and keep the fridge out of storage. If you are unable to swap the fridge in person with the swapper directly before you, the fridge will be held at luggage services. If we put your full name, confirmation #, and check in date on the box when it's taken to luggage services, there is much less chance it will get lost in the shuffle. We want to make sure we have as much info. as possible to put on the box so that Pop can find the box and you can use it. And in turn the swap can keep going. Once the fridge is lost (and it does happen) the swap is over and everyone that has signed up after you is out of luck.

WHAT ARE MY RESPONSABILITIES AS A SWAPPER?
You are responsible for arranging times, with the swapper before you and the swapper after you, to complete the "swap". Things will run a lot smoother if we do the swap in person from DISer to DISer. The less it goes behind the desk at the All Stars Resorts the better. IF you must leave it at luggage services at the All Star Resorts you must place a note on the fridge box that contains the full name of the next swapper, check in date, and confirmation #. That way there is less chance of it getting lost by staff. The fridge box must be kept in good condition-that leads to a longer swap when it goes in and out of luggage services. Store the box somewhere where it will not be mistaken for trash by mousekeeping. MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE THE NEXT SWAPPERS NAME AND CHECK IN DATE TAPED TO THE BOX AT LUGGAGE SERVICES. TOO MANY FRIDGES GET LOST. HOPEFULLY HAVING THIS WILL KEEP OUR FRIDGE FROM GETTING LOST. You are responsible for getting back with me after I have tried to contact you. Also, please, please, please let me know if your plans change and you will no longer be able to participate in the swap. The sooner you know the better.

HOW DO I CLEAN THE FRIDGE?
Please completely de-frost the fridge and wipe it dry if you will be bringing it to luggage services. To defrost, unplug the fridge, put a towel in it and under it (don’t get the carpet wet!) and leave the door slightly open. It should defrost overnight easily. Please wipe down the inside and outside with disinfectant wipes.

HOW DO I LEAVE IT AT All Star Resorts STORAGE IF THERE IS A GAP BETWEEN ME AND THE NEXT SWAPPER?
You will tape a piece of paper to the box that says something like "Hold for guest (name), confirmation #, and check-in date. Then you can have luggage services pick it up or take it there yourself. Either way, make sure to get a claim ticket, or receipt, for the fridge-Very important! The next swapper in line will have your phone number and they can call you for the claim number if the fridge goes missing. (If you don’t feel comfortable giving them your phone number, they can call me instead, but I will need to be able to call you.)

ANYTHING ELSE?
All swappers rely on the honesty of the other swappers when doing this. Please let us know as soon as possible should your plans change and you are unable to participate. Remember… this is to help YOU and others save money while at Disney. Make sure you are courteous and respectful of other swappers by keeping things running smoothly and keeping the fridge, coffee pot and toaster clean for the next swapper!

This is a reminder for all up coming swaps:

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FRIDGE IN YOUR ROOM. EITHER PERSONALLY SWAP IT TO THE NEXT DIS'er or RETURN IT TO THE LUGGAGE STORAGE BELL DESK IN PERSON AND CLEARLY STATE THAT YOU ARE LEAVING THE FRIDGE FOR ANOTHER GUEST WHO IS CHECKING IN ON (the date their checking in) DATE.

IF YOU DON'T WANT THE RESPONSIBILTIY, PLEASE DON'T JOIN OUR SWAP.

Fridge.jpg

Dates Taken

01/05 - 01/13 jakesmom9
01/23 - 01/30 mindy5648 (Music)
02/13 - 02/18 babemoocow (Movies)
02/26 - 03/12 TinkFan625 (Music)
03/15 - 03/20 beansmom (?)
03/26 - 04/02 jenjifer (Sports)
04/02 - 04/10 Mommy 2_3 (Sports)
05/16 - 05/24 Cjmuma (Sports)
05/24 - 05/30 mickey25 (Movies)
06/02 - 06/08 DisneyDad65 (Music)
06/09 - 06/18 ddawnmommy (Music)
07/28 - 08/11 blue fairy (Music)
08/11 - 08/19 ADreamer4lyfe (Sports)
08/19 - 08/27 essom71 (Music)
08/27 - 09/03 LindaOwl1 (Movies)
09/08 - 09/19 Frannn (Movies)
09/19 - 09/25 Pip-a-dee-doo-dah (Music)
09/28 - 10/01 Fire14 (Movies)
10/22 - 10/29 jodifaye (Sports)
12/17 - 12/23 KatyMac (Movies)

Great job Tigg14.

Can you post the hotel everyone is staying at? If someone is at Music or Movies and the next person is also, it would be easier to leave it there than to have both drive to Sports.

Thanks again.

Hi everyone. I have the fridge from 8/22-8/29, staying at Sports :cheer2: thanks again JGoin!

I've added resorts for those I could find the information for.

Great job Tigg14.

Can you post the hotel everyone is staying at? If someone is at Music or Movies and the next person is also, it would be easier to leave it there than to have both drive to Sports.

Thanks again.

we are staying at music...would we have a problem carrying the fridge back to sports lol? we wont have a car.

You should be able to borrow a luggage cart from Bell Services. I did this last year for a different swap and it worked out well. You will need to return the luggage cart back to it's home resort.

Have you contaced the person after to you to see if they'll have a car? If they do they'd likely be able to help you out by picking it up at Music.

If not I guess MickeyMagic has the next best suggestion!

we are staying at music...would we have a problem carrying the fridge back to sports lol? we wont have a car.

We are going to be at ASSports Nov 10-17th. Would it be okay to get those dates???

Just wanted to say I used the fridge this past week and it was great! No problems at all picking it up at Sports and returning it.

Thank you so much JGoin for leaving the fridge for all of us to use....

Pm'd you both as I am between you, and would like to exchange info. MickeyMagic-I am also at the Movies, so will you leave the fridge with luggage services there?

I had requested to be on a Pop swap awhile ago and found out they had a cancellation so I've moved over to that swap.

I'll continue to maintain the list here as it doesn't take that much time :)

If anyone can take a picture of the fridge to post it here that would be great. That way others will have a better idea of the size of it and they'll know what they're looking for if they need to pick it up in luggage services.

I have pm'd and posted, but have not yet been successful contacting Ariel & Belle, who are using the fridge after me. We still have a week and a half before we go, but it would be great to have all the details organized soon. Can't believe our trip is almost here :scared1:...I'm usually packed by now, but I've been so busy I haven't even had time to daydream about Dole whips :eek:.

I am going to be visiting disney and staying at all star music from 10/10-10/17 and was wondering if I could be added to the list? I am new to this discussion board because of just finding it a few days ago when trying to find answers to questions I had. My mom, brother and I have been to disney before but it has been almost 10 years, but are excited to go this year and will be my son's first trip. I would greatly appreciate it and may need some info on how this whole swap thing works I think I understand but want to make sure I know what I am doing. Thanks again! :yay:

I've added you to the list :)

You'll need to contact the user before and after you to arrange pickup/dropoff of the fridge. You'll need to exchange full names, reservation numbers and cell phone numbers so that you can label the fridge if dropping it off at luggage services.

You'll need to post a few more times (9 to be exact) before you'll be able to use the PM function on the site.

If you have any questions fire away and we'll answer them for you. Welcome to the swap!

I am going to be visiting disney and staying at all star music from 10/10-10/17 and was wondering if I could be added to the list? I am new to this discussion board because of just finding it a few days ago when trying to find answers to questions I had. My mom, brother and I have been to disney before but it has been almost 10 years, but are excited to go this year and will be my son's first trip. I would greatly appreciate it and may need some info on how this whole swap thing works I think I understand but want to make sure I know what I am doing. Thanks again! :yay:

Any luck Fran?

I have pm'd and posted, but have not yet been successful contacting Ariel & Belle, who are using the fridge after me. We still have a week and a half before we go, but it would be great to have all the details organized soon. Can't believe our trip is almost here :scared1:...I'm usually packed by now, but I've been so busy I haven't even had time to daydream about Dole whips :eek:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter