• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All-Night Resturants In Orlando?

SanFranciscan

DIS Veteran
I received a surprising request this morning. Somebody has asked me whether I would write a column about the 24-hour eats in Orlando for his blog.

Now I will admit that I am rather amazed by the huge number of open-all-night fast food places in Orlando, even though I spent 24 years living in another major tourist city. Yet that doesn't come close to how surprised I was to receive a request to include them in my piece if I write it. Do many people seriously eat fast food at 4:00 a.m.? Do you? I am just blown away that these places sell enough all night to justify the cost of staying open since their advertised prices suggest a very slim profit margin.

Are there any open-24-hours restaurants in Orlando that you do think are worthy of being published in tourist reviews?

I received a surprising request this morning. Somebody has asked me whether I would write a column about the 24-hour eats in Orlando for his blog.

Now I will admit that I am rather amazed by the huge number of open-all-night fast food places in Orlando, even though I spent 24 years living in another major tourist city. Yet that doesn't come close to how surprised I was to receive a request to include them in my piece if I write it. Do many people seriously eat fast food at 4:00 a.m.? Do you? I am just blown away that these places sell enough all night to justify the cost of staying open since their advertised prices suggest a very slim profit margin.

Are there any open-24-hours restaurants in Orlando that you do think are worthy of being published in tourist reviews?

Steak and Shake. Seriously.... I love that place and really hate that since I moved to PA i can no longer feed my addiction. ;)

For Touristy Reviews.... It might also be worth mentioning some of the McDonalds around the area. Besides the obvious one off Sand Lake by I-Drive, The Bistro items several of the locations around the area sell might surprise tourists used to just the usual burger/fry options at a McDonalds.

Beyond that, It might be worth mentioning some places around Universal which might offer some post-citywalk Partying munchies. I know I've picked up something before on my way back to the resort in order to help calm my stomach and help absorb some of what i drank while there. ;)

Thank you DCTooTall. I have not seen a Steak & Shake to the best of my memory. I know that I have never been in one. That probably just means that there weren't any in San Francisco. Of course, San Francisco tends to be rather anti-chain. Even the large and old chains such as Denny's fought for years to get into San Francisco. The Gap was picketed for making plans to open a clothing store in the Haight-Ashbury District. These chains did move in, but it was a battle so maybe chains such as your fave decided that it was not worth the trouble.

I am familiar with that McDonald's on Lake Lake and International. I was in there once to hydrate on a hot day and was entertained by their mini amusement park theming going on in there, especially the mechanical "lounge lizard" style singer.

That would be Mac.... (aka.. Moonman)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaKqq5H_780

As for the Steak And Shake, I think they are primarily a southeastern chain.... though I could be wrong. Either way, The one I usually swing by is right outside DTD. Just exit the Disney from the DTD Entrance (By the Crossroads), and turn Left. Go past Palm Parkway and it'll be in the shopping center just up on your right (I remember there is also a mexican place in the shopping center...)

Perkins restaurants are open 24 hours, I believe. I think they're definitely worth mentioning. It isn't your standard fast food/Waffle House sort of meal. We've eaten there as we got to Orlando every visit around 1am.

Because the Disey area has many guests from different time zones I bet they appreciate being abe to get food items when ever they so choose.

We always stop in at Steak N Shake when down.

Steak & Shake deserves a mention.

Also in the category of regional chains with an almost cult-like following, The Awful Waff...I mean, Waffle House could give you a good article. Check out all the Waffle House-specific songs on the jukebox. The restaurants truly are a Southern icon.

The WDW snack bars--Gaspillas, Maru, and Capt. Cooks--probably deserve a mention as well.

As for the fast food joints, yes, they are surprisingly busy at 4:00 a.m. Keep in mind this part of town is dominated by tourist services. People work all hours of the day and night (hotels are 24/7, parks are often open past midnight, meaning Cast Members don't get out until 1 or 2 at best). Throw in international tourists with their internal clocks off, and you have a decent-sized customer base.

I'm pretty sure all Denny's locations are open 24 hours a day. For some reason they decided to close them all for a day several years ago and part of the planning process was making sure they had keys for all the stores.

I think somebody mentioned that some MacDonalds' are open 24/7 too. Some Taco Bells advertise as staying open late. I've seen a few where that means 11, but others that are open to 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter