Aldi products - who makes them??

Malt-o-meal makes Aldi's oatmeal. They had a recall on their oatmeal and it was included in that and as of a month ago, Aldi's did not have any oatmeal. Also, on Aldi's website, they have a recall page so they do notify the public in that way. I think they also have them posted in the store too.

To the person who works at Aldi's, who makes the ketchup? Let's put this debate to rest.

I don't work at Aldi, but I am a ketchup snob. :lmao: Hey, I live near Pittsburgh, where Heinz ketchup is manufactured...so I can't help it, lol. ;)

Aldi ketchup is made by Hunt's (icky). Sav-a-Lot's ketchup is made by Heinz. The ketchup at Aldi is one of the very few things that I don't like.

I thought we had a Trader Joe's can you tell me where is it at? I saw it one time but forgot where in The Burgh is was.

Thanks!

I'm terrible with directions, but I think it's on Penn Ave. There's a Whole Paycheck (ummm, Whole Foods) very close by as well.

The gallons of milk here are about $1.99 which is $2-3 cheaper than the grocery store. Does anyone know if they use milk from cows treated with artificial growth hormones?

The gallons of milk here are about $1.99 which is $2-3 cheaper than the grocery store. Does anyone know if they use milk from cows treated with artificial growth hormones?

At our aldi and grocery stores here they must because it's not labeled so I don't buy it. Only ones here that don't are rite aid and target.

I don't work at Aldi, but I am a ketchup snob. :lmao: Hey, I live near Pittsburgh, where Heinz ketchup is manufactured...so I can't help it, lol. ;)

Aldi ketchup is made by Hunt's (icky). Sav-a-Lot's ketchup is made by Heinz. The ketchup at Aldi is one of the very few things that I don't like.
Sorry but no way it's Kurtz Ketchup Heinz. If it's made by Heinz they are not using the same ingredients. Kurtz ketchup is as bad as Briargate which tastes like Hunts to me.

The "name brand" with the "store" label has always been this way - no matter what store you buy from.. My late DH was in the supermarket business for 38 years and could tell me all the name brands of the store items..

DD and her DH tend to be "brand name snobs" when it comes to certain items, so I just buy at Aldi's and then put the stuff in "name brand" containers that I already have.. Not once have they ever been able to tell the difference.. I think that says it all..;)

As for the milk question - I don't know how it is in other areas, but at the Aldi's up here the milk is from the same local milk supplier that deals with all of the other supermarkets.. The only difference is that the milk is much less expensive at Aldi's..:goodvibes

I have been pestering TJ's to check out my city for a future expansion. Do Aldi and Trader Joe's ever set up shop in the same areas, or does this mean that if my town has an Aldi, we probably have little chance of getting Trader Joe's??

ALDI opens store outside a major citys in lower income area's. That is what the web artical I read said along time ago.

I can tell you that the mac & cheese, cheese product or dressing product IS NOT Kraft product.

Kraft produces and sells only under the kraft name. My DH works at one of the largest kraft plants and they produce only the kraft brand. He says that is one of their "things" - that they don't produce for other companies, ie store brand - Aldi's, Walmart etc. They do produce other sub-brands ie kool-aid, nabisco, planters, oscar mayer, etc, but if you look on the back it is always clearly marked "a Kraft Co."

just an fyi!

Good to know.

They have some new bottles of dressing that look like a Kraft bottle & they are fabulous Lite Poppy Seed & Garlic Ceaser. I hope it is not just a special promotion. The Poppy Seed is less calories than Kraft

I like their laundry soap, Tindel. I wonder who makes that??

I thought it was Tide for a long time. The check out girl says it has changed. I still like it.

If you look at the Aldi's supplier website you'll find that Tyson(chicken) and Sara Lee are both suppliers of theirs. Their stuff is not rejects.

I once worked quality control for Green Giant. Green Giant, like many companies, produces product for many labels...LeSuer, Green Giant, store brands, etc. However, the product that gets the LeSuer label is the "best" stuff that comes off the line...the product that is the most tender (the vegetables are graded on a scale of 1-10, 1 being most tender, 10 being the most tough), and with the fewest "extra" items (stems, pods, leaves, etc) gets the premium label. So, for example, LeSuer was anything 1 and 2 without extra vegetable matter, then 3-5 was Green Giant, above that "store brand", and at the very highest scale, prisons in large cans.

So, while the product is perfectly edible, it is not "exactly" the same as the "brand name" product.

That being said, I love Aldis for the things I buy there...yogurt, cereals, chips, and OJ.

My husband works for a major food manufacturer....and they do make products for Aldi and he says their standards are higher than other brands they make things for....slightly different formulas, and different ingredients, mostly higher quality standards.

For those in Pittsburgh (same as me), there are now multiple Trader Joe's and soon to be a third Whole Paycheck...I mean Whole Foods.

Trader Joe's are located at:

6343 Penn Ave, 15206 (East Liberty area)
9020 Covenant Ave, 15237 (McCandless Area)
1630 Washington Rd (Upper St Clair area) - This is my store

Whole Foods are located at:

5880 Centre Ave, 15206 (East Liberty area)
10576 Perry Hwy, 15090 (Wexford)
COMING SOON to Upper St. Clair, across street from South Hills Village. Building is under construction now.

If you drive south down Washington Road in the South Hills, you can hit Fresh Market, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and Market District all within a few hundred yards.

I wasn't aware that Aldi's got stuff from brand name manufacturer's.
Every store does that - grocery chains do not manufacture every private label product - they just distribute products! That's why you are getting the SAME product and quality as a brand name product.

Is it a good company to work for? My local Aldi's was hiring recently & I debated on applying.

My friend started working at Aldi's last year and has already been promoted to management. She makes a lot more money than she did working at Target and the hours are better as well.

What's the point in bumping a thread which is SIX years old to say it's an old thread?
I wrote a post and then tried to delete it because it was an old thread and did not think anyone would respond. But I see people are still enjoying

Does anyone know if they use milk from cows treated with artificial growth hormones?

Each store may be different because our milk is labeled hormone free. On a different note, I LOVE their chocolate covered blueberries!
And as far as processed food good goes, all grocery stores carry it because people buy it! I try to eat healthy most of the time, but I like cereal in the mornings (processed) and I like ice cream or yogurt for a snack (processed) and sometimes I make pizza for dinner when we are in a hurry (processed) so I'm glad Aldi has a mix of produce, meat and PROCESSED food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter