• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alcohol Delivery Policy Change

Well this topic is clear as mud. :-)

FYI, Garden Grocer requires sending them a copy of your ID for alcohol delivery. I’ve never used them so not sure if accurate but I assume Dizzy Dolphin has done something similar.
Yes. Your DL must be on file with DD before they will do an alcohol order and pick up for you.

Well this topic is clear as mud. :-)

FYI, Garden Grocer requires sending them a copy of your ID for alcohol delivery. I’ve never used them so not sure if accurate but I assume Dizzy Dolphin has done something similar.
Yes. GG requires sending them a copy of your driver's license.

“We are aware that other services are blatantly disregarding the company policy.” According to the info I got from Dizzy Dolphin, they were granted the ability to still delivery alcohol as long as they had the proper IDs on file. I have no idea if they are skirting policy or if some were granted the ability and some were denied, but this wording sounds like sour grapes.

“We are aware that other services are blatantly disregarding the company policy.” According to the info I got from Dizzy Dolphin, they were granted the ability to still delivery alcohol as long as they had the proper IDs on file. I have no idea if they are skirting policy or if some were granted the ability and some were denied, but this wording sounds like sour grapes.
And this is where DISNEY needs to make their policy public and on their website so that guests know what the proper procedure is going forward. If they are going to allow deliveries at all, they need to make it very clear what the policy is. It is unfair to the delivery companies and the guests to leave this hanging in the wind.

This is the policy on the website currently:

Getting Grocery Orders Delivered to Your Disney Resort Hotel Room​

Grocery deliveries are subject to the Disney Resort hotel’s policies and may be unavailable, limited or restricted. If the delivery service vendor requires age or ID verification, Guests are required to meet and accept delivery directly from the vendor; Disney Resort hotels will not accept delivery of such orders on behalf of any Guest.
For other grocery orders delivered to the Disney Resort hotel during your vacation, a $6 fee will be charged to your room account for each grocery delivery order brought to your room by Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. Alternatively, these deliveries may be picked up in the Resort Lobby from Bell Services or Luggage Assistance at no charge.

This is the policy on the website currently:

Getting Grocery Orders Delivered to Your Disney Resort Hotel Room​

Grocery deliveries are subject to the Disney Resort hotel’s policies and may be unavailable, limited or restricted. If the delivery service vendor requires age or ID verification, Guests are required to meet and accept delivery directly from the vendor; Disney Resort hotels will not accept delivery of such orders on behalf of any Guest.
For other grocery orders delivered to the Disney Resort hotel during your vacation, a $6 fee will be charged to your room account for each grocery delivery order brought to your room by Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. Alternatively, these deliveries may be picked up in the Resort Lobby from Bell Services or Luggage Assistance at no charge.
The wording "If the delivery service requires age or ID verification" suggests that Garden Grocer should still be OK to leave alcohol without the guest being present, as they are set up to do the ID verification at the time the order is placed (by the customer uploading a photo of their DL) so do not require "age or ID verification" at the time of delivery. Which is just as well for Garden Grocer, because this friendly policy is one of the main incentives for me to use them.

Last edited:
It seems like there is a difference in interpretation of the phrase "If the delivery service vendor requires age or ID verification" by vendors. Does Disney mean verification at the time of delivery or verification required at any point in the process? GG seem appears to interpret this as only applying when verification needs to take place at the time of delivery, since GG performs their verification prior to delivery. I could see how the wording could be taken either way, although I lean to interpret it as meaning verification taking place at any point in the process, therefore requiring vendors like GG to meet with the guest at time of delivery, at least for the alcohol portion.

Here are photos from Disney's vendor meeting that VCD shared:
View attachment 784406View attachment 784407View attachment 784409
Seems pretty clear to me ...

It seems like there is a difference in interpretation of the phrase "If the delivery service vendor requires age or ID verification" by vendors. Does Disney mean verification at the time of delivery or verification required at any point in the process? GG seem appears to interpret this as only applying when verification needs to take place at the time of delivery, since GG performs their verification prior to delivery. I could see how the wording could be taken either way, although I lean to interpret it as meaning verification taking place at any point in the process, therefore requiring vendors like GG to meet with the guest at time of delivery, at least for the alcohol portion.
That was my take, companies are interpreting what is a benefit to them. I read it differently. Uploading an ID does not prove in any way the person receiving the alcohol is of age. Disney only requires guests checking in be 18. Very simple to upload an ID that is not yours then have it delivered.

This could be a law thing that has come in to play. Florida Stat 561.57 states that while delivery of alcohol to end consumer is allowed, on delivery drivers are required to verify (1) the identity of the consumer and (2) the age of the consumer. I don't see how you comply without forcing the customer to meet the delivery person.

My friend confirmed with two different bell services this week that no company will be allowed to leave alcohol. Guest must meet them, show ID, and then they can store with bell services until the room is ready.

It seems that Garden Grocer has now updated terms to this same info. YMMV

The wording "If the delivery service requires age or ID verification" suggests that Garden Grocer should still be OK to leave alcohol without the guest being present, as they are set up to do the ID verification at the time the order is placed (by the customer uploading a photo of their DL) so do not require "age or ID verification" at the time of delivery. Which is just as well for Garden Grocer, because this friendly policy is one of the main incentives for me to use them.
The wording says "if the delivery service requires age or ID verification." It doesn't list a timeframe. GG requires ID verification. They'd still be restricted based on the written policy. We don't know the original intent or how this will be enforced, but it doesn't absolve Garden Grocer.

Does anyone have any updates on whether Garden Grocer is continuing to leave alcohol with Bell Services without the guest being present? As far as I can tell GG still has not updated their website to warn customers that this is now not the case.

We arrived on August 26th and our GG order was waiting for us which included alcohol.
Was it obvious that the order contained alcohol or is it possible that Bell services wasn’t aware it was there? (Ie, wine in a bag vs an unpackaged case of beer)

Was it obvious that the order contained alcohol or is it possible that Bell services wasn’t aware it was there? (Ie, wine in a bag vs an unpackaged case of beer)
If you looked in the bag you could see it. We had a few other items with the order. In previous trips, it was packaged the same way. From what I understand, there are two delivery services who still had active delivery contracts with Disney that were being honored for now. Not sure if that is true or not.

I had a Dizzy Dolphin delivery to Art of Animation on 9/10 that included a fifth and some beer. Both were just sitting in an open top box along with my other bagged groceries. No issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter